CatBanter

-   -   The meat industry (http://www.catbanter.com/showthread.php?t=15304)

GAUBSTER2 December 31st 03 07:13 PM

I'm sure the government uses the term "damage control" in many
situations far more often than asking themselves what is the proper
thing to do. I am glad to see the quick move to ban downers from the
food chain even though it was very overdue.

Agreed. At least some good came out of all of this. This really should have
been done a long time ago. It's amazing how fast things move when they really
want something accomplished, isn't it! ;)

GAUBSTER2 December 31st 03 07:14 PM

From: Gothmog

The Bush Administration are not interested in safe beef, but have been
forced to take some of the measures long implemented in Europe to
protect beef industry profits.

Yeah, it's all a big conspiracy, isn't it!

Too little, too late, but that seems to be the motto of the Bush
administration.

How come the Clinton administration didn't do something about it in the EIGHT
years they had? If you're keeping score, it looks like it only took Bush less
than 3 years.

GAUBSTER2 December 31st 03 07:16 PM

From: dgk

I'm completely reassured by the statements of the Bush regime
concerning the safety of our dead animal supply. After all, they
wouldn't lie to us.

You people will politicize anything, won't you! At least he's not having sex
w/ interns that are young enough to be his daughter!

And maybe about needing to start a
war.

Do you even know what happened on September 11th, 2001??

GAUBSTER2 December 31st 03 07:17 PM

From: Gothmog

Outbreak?!?!?!

Ummmm.....one cow...that had already been culled from the herd (killed), was
tested a few months later and was found to have BSE......how the hell does
that make it an outbreak??

$17 billion in lost sales.

That'll do for a start.

Niiiice Spin....nice spin. You should go into politics.

Cheryl December 31st 03 08:00 PM

"GAUBSTER2" wrote in message

I'd rather you make your noise from inside a padded cell.

Quit yer yappin' and ankle biting, little puppy. Someone really needs to
throw you a bone.

Cheryl December 31st 03 08:00 PM

Cathy Friedmann December 31st 03 08:19 PM

From: Gothmog

The Bush Administration are not interested in safe beef, but have been
forced to take some of the measures long implemented in Europe to
protect beef industry profits.

Yeah, it's all a big conspiracy, isn't it!

Too little, too late, but that seems to be the motto of the Bush
administration.

How come the Clinton administration didn't do something about it in the

EIGHT
years they had? If you're keeping score, it looks like it only took Bush

less
than 3 years.

The U.S. (in general - not each & every citizen, obviously), seems to think
it's immune - no matter the administration. Look at 9-11. No, not on our
own soil; nope, will never happen... Until something is right here - not on
another continent, not even just over the border, does the gov't. say,
"Oops. Maybe we're not immune after all."

Cathy

("The Boy in the Bubble") Paul Simon