CatBanter

-   -   Josi, part Siamese, part Stegosaurus? (http://www.catbanter.com/showthread.php?t=1997)

Rainy-Day-Laughter January 30th 04 05:42 PM

Josi, part Siamese, part Stegosaurus?

My almost-grown part-Simmy, Josiah, is one of the most playful
cats I've ever known. He's a white furry ball of energy, leaping
into the air, dashing in a blur across the carpet, chasing my feet
under the covers whenever I move in bed... My sister lovingly calls
him "our demon spawn." She brought to my attention a strange
characteristic about Josi: when he's playful (which is almost all
the time he's awake and/or not eating), a thin ridge of fur down his
spine stands at attention. He's not frightened or anything, he's
just being a "demon spawn", crazy with energy and play, but I'm
curious to know if anyone's ever seen this Stegosaurus trait in
other cats. Thanks.

--
*Carol* ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ Please visit my humor & parody website at
http://www.rainy-day-laughter.com. Home of Happy Liederhosen's

lewe January 30th 04 08:57 PM

Mark Edwards skrev i
t...
| No cluons were harmed when Rainy-Day-Laughter! said
|
| [snip]
|
| ... a thin ridge of fur down his
| spine stands at attention. He's not frightened or anything, he's
| just being a "demon spawn", crazy with energy and play, but I'm
| curious to know if anyone's ever seen this Stegosaurus trait in
| other cats. Thanks.
|
| Absolutely. See this picture of Presto (RB) at:
|
| http://home.comcast.net/~Mark-Edwards/stegcat.jpg
|
| (BIG grin and some Photoshop)

LOL! cute!

I can't say that Thea or Bono ever looked as impressive as that, but the
hair along their spine do get slightly elevated when they go into frantic
mode ...

--
lewe
lewemi at yahoo dot se | cat pics: photos.yahoo.com/lewemi

Christopher Havlicek January 30th 04 09:20 PM

Rainy-Day-Laughter wrote:

My almost-grown part-Simmy, Josiah, is one of the most playful
snipped for server

characteristic about Josi: when he's playful (which is almost all
the time he's awake and/or not eating), a thin ridge of fur down his
spine stands at attention. He's not frightened or anything, he's
just being a "demon spawn", crazy with energy and play, but I'm
curious to know if anyone's ever seen this Stegosaurus trait in
other cats. Thanks.

Hazard, my foundling feline from the university, shows the same type
of ridge when he's fired up for playtime. He doesn't get as much
attention as he should (bad cat dad, *bad*), so he's almost always fired
up for playtime..;)

He also carpet surfs, laying down on his belly or side and pulling
himself around on the carpet, and even does that up and down the stairs.
That's just one of the ways he earned his name. Of course, when he does
that, the static electricity makes his fur go in *all* sorts of
different directions.

Purrs-

Chris and the Fairfax felines

[email protected] January 30th 04 10:00 PM

Mark Edwards wrote:

Absolutely. See this picture of Presto (RB) at:
http://home.comcast.net/~Mark-Edwards/stegcat.jpg

My favorite thing in this picture is the expression on Little Feet's
face. (That is Little Feet, isn't it? Hard to tell with all your orange
cats. :)) He actually looks rather alarmed.

Joyce

m. L. Briggs January 31st 04 12:09 AM

On Fri, 30 Jan 2004 12:38:08 GMT-6, (Mark
Edwards) wrote:

No cluons were harmed when Rainy-Day-Laughter! said

[snip]

... a thin ridge of fur down his
spine stands at attention. He's not frightened or anything, he's
just being a "demon spawn", crazy with energy and play, but I'm
curious to know if anyone's ever seen this Stegosaurus trait in
other cats. Thanks.

Absolutely. See this picture of Presto (RB) at:

http://home.comcast.net/~Mark-Edwards/stegcat.jpg

(BIG grin and some Photoshop)

Hugs and Purrs,
Mark

What a size difference! How much did Presto weigh? Were they
related?

Mischief January 31st 04 12:27 AM

First of all, I was laughing when I saw the pic of Presto. That was
cute!

Missy will occasionally get a small "spine" when she's playing, and
definitelyl when she's mad. Once she was growling at my bedroom
window at a cat who was walking across the wall. She wouldn't stop
growling! But then there are times when she and Imp are playing tag
that I'll see a slight one

missy mnnbghf get off the v0hrshnag
key7board!!
sorry..........i need to scritch her majesty...............

Imp did one funny thing though he was playing with Mischief on their
cat tree and Imp kinda fell off. Of course he walked away with the
classic "I meant to do that" look, but his TAIL. Instead of being
completely poofed like a raccoon's tail, only a small section in the
MIDDLE of his tail was poofed! It reminded me of a snake who just
eaten and they have a bulge in the middle. My roommate and I were
laughing so hard, cause he walked around with that small poof on his
tail for at least 5 minutes!

Kristi

Marina January 31st 04 05:55 AM

"Mischief" wrote

Imp did one funny thing though he was playing with Mischief on their
cat tree and Imp kinda fell off. Of course he walked away with the
classic "I meant to do that" look, but his TAIL. Instead of being
completely poofed like a raccoon's tail, only a small section in the
MIDDLE of his tail was poofed! It reminded me of a snake who just
eaten and they have a bulge in the middle. My roommate and I were
laughing so hard, cause he walked around with that small poof on his
tail for at least 5 minutes!

Nikki does that frequently, and apparently for no specific reason. She will
walk around with a poof in the middle of her tail, or sometimes at the base
or at the top. I'll ask her what poofed her tail, but she just looks
innocently at me and unpoofs it. It is hilarious.

--
Marina, Frank and Nikki

Cathi January 31st 04 09:10 AM

In message , Marina
writes
Nikki does that frequently, and apparently for no specific reason. She will
walk around with a poof in the middle of her tail, or sometimes at the base
or at the top. I'll ask her what poofed her tail, but she just looks
innocently at me and unpoofs it. It is hilarious.

One of my RB cats, Purdey, was a very fluffy critter, and also had an
exceptionally long tail. For some reason, a short length of tail a few
inches down from the tip *didn't* poof out like the rest - it looked for
all the world like he had a pom-pom attached to the end of an already
fluffy tail. Sadly, he lost most of his tail following a car accident -
the tail took the brunt of the force, and was broken in several places,
so the vet amputated at the break nearest the body. Didn't seem to
worry Purdey though; it was amazing how expressive a six-inch stump
could be!

--
Cathi

Rainy-Day-Laughter January 31st 04 02:15 PM

Mark Edwards skrev i
t...
: |
:
: Absolutely. See this picture of Presto (RB) at:
:
: http://home.comcast.net/~Mark-Edwards/stegcat.jpg
:
: (BIG grin and some Photoshop)

LOL!

I almost sprayed my keyboard with coffee. These things should
come with warning labels on them.

--
*Carol* ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ Please visit my humor & parody website at
http://www.rainy-day-laughter.com. Home of Happy Liederhosen's
Hollywood, The Codfather's Punny Movies, Your Weekly Rainyscope
& much more yet . All new columns every Friday.

badwilson February 1st 04 03:47 AM

"Cathi" wrote in message
Sadly, he lost most of his tail following a car accident -
the tail took the brunt of the force, and was broken in several places,
so the vet amputated at the break nearest the body. Didn't seem to
worry Purdey though; it was amazing how expressive a six-inch stump
could be!

Oh, they don't need much tail to be expressive! Vino's only got about 1 cm
(born that way, Japanese Bobtail) and he wiggles his little nub all the
time. When he's excited, his butt fur moves up and down, it is really
cute...and expressive :-)
--
Britta
Check out pictures of Vino at: