CatBanter

-   -   Comic strip cats (http://www.catbanter.com/showthread.php?t=98536)

Bobcat[_2_] December 6th 09 12:20 PM

Comic strip cats

I love the cats in comic strips, especially Solange the haughty
Siamese in "9 Chickwood Lane". But I'm especially fond of the naughty
kitties, like Bucky in "Get Fuzzy", probably because we have our own
real-life naughty kitty, Emily. Then there's Lio's cat, Cybil. She's
pure evil! Who's your favourite cartoon cat?

http://www.gocomics.com/lio/2009/12/06/

Sjouke Burry[_2_] December 6th 09 06:02 PM

Comic strip cats

Bobcat wrote:
I love the cats in comic strips, especially Solange the haughty
Siamese in "9 Chickwood Lane". But I'm especially fond of the naughty
kitties, like Bucky in "Get Fuzzy", probably because we have our own
real-life naughty kitty, Emily. Then there's Lio's cat, Cybil. She's
pure evil! Who's your favourite cartoon cat?

http://www.gocomics.com/lio/2009/12/06/

Garfield of course!
I found about 30 years of Garfield on the internet!
link:
http://images.ucomics.com/comics/ga

Joachim Brauer December 6th 09 09:29 PM

Comic strip cats

Sjouke Burry schrieb:

Bobcat wrote:
I love the cats in comic strips, especially Solange the haughty
Siamese in "9 Chickwood Lane". But I'm especially fond of the naughty
kitties, like Bucky in "Get Fuzzy", probably because we have our own
real-life naughty kitty, Emily. Then there's Lio's cat, Cybil. She's
pure evil! Who's your favourite cartoon cat?

http://www.gocomics.com/lio/2009/12/06/

Garfield of course!
I found about 30 years of Garfield on the internet!
link:
http://images.ucomics.com/comics/ga

I like Heathcliff:
http://www.creators.com/comics/heathcliff.html
and of course Calvin and Hobbes, if you think of Hobbes as a 'cat':
http://www.gocomics.com/calvinandhobbes

--
Joachim Brauer, Berlin
http://www.jbrauer.de

Sjouke Burry[_2_] December 6th 09 09:49 PM

Comic strip cats

Joachim Brauer wrote:
Sjouke Burry schrieb:
Bobcat wrote:
I love the cats in comic strips, especially Solange the haughty
Siamese in "9 Chickwood Lane". But I'm especially fond of the naughty
kitties, like Bucky in "Get Fuzzy", probably because we have our own
real-life naughty kitty, Emily. Then there's Lio's cat, Cybil. She's
pure evil! Who's your favourite cartoon cat?

http://www.gocomics.com/lio/2009/12/06/

Garfield of course!
I found about 30 years of Garfield on the internet!
link:
http://images.ucomics.com/comics/ga

I like Heathcliff:
http://www.creators.com/comics/heathcliff.html
and of course Calvin and Hobbes, if you think of Hobbes as a 'cat':
http://www.gocomics.com/calvinandhobbes

Downloaded that last comic as well(11 years of strips).
The link I gave,was for the files I downloaded,
the web link is:
http://www.reddit.com/domain/images.ucomics.com

[email protected] December 6th 09 10:22 PM

Comic strip cats

Bobcat wrote:

I love the cats in comic strips, especially Solange the haughty
Siamese in "9 Chickwood Lane". But I'm especially fond of the naughty
kitties, like Bucky in "Get Fuzzy", probably because we have our own
real-life naughty kitty, Emily. Then there's Lio's cat, Cybil. She's
pure evil! Who's your favourite cartoon cat?

http://www.gocomics.com/lio/2009/12/06/

I've always been partial to Ebenezer:

http://www.twolumps.net/

Joyce

--
Excuse for Not Doing One's Homework:
My pit bull, here, ate it.

Baird Stafford December 6th 09 10:42 PM

Comic strip cats

In article
,
Bobcat wrote:

I love the cats in comic strips, especially Solange the haughty
Siamese in "9 Chickwood Lane". But I'm especially fond of the naughty
kitties, like Bucky in "Get Fuzzy", probably because we have our own
real-life naughty kitty, Emily. Then there's Lio's cat, Cybil. She's
pure evil! Who's your favourite cartoon cat?

Catbert, the evil director of HR, by far!

Baird

--
In theory there is no difference between theory and practice. In practice
there is. -Yogi Berra

Marina December 7th 09 05:54 PM

Comic strip cats

Bobcat wrote:
I love the cats in comic strips, especially Solange the haughty
Siamese in "9 Chickwood Lane". But I'm especially fond of the naughty
kitties, like Bucky in "Get Fuzzy", probably because we have our own
real-life naughty kitty, Emily. Then there's Lio's cat, Cybil. She's
pure evil! Who's your favourite cartoon cat?

http://www.gocomics.com/lio/2009/12/06/

I do like Solange a lot, but I have to say my favourite is Mooch of Mutts:

http://muttscomics.com/default.aspx

He reminds me so much of Frank. Another one I like is Peekaboo in Rose
is Rose, though I'm not that fond of the comic if Peek's not in it.

http://comics.com/rose_is_rose/2009-12-02/

She, in turn, reminds me of Nikki, though she doesn't look like Nikki.

But you can't discuss cats in comics without mentioning the classic
Krazy Kat:

http://www.infinitecat.com/cat-comic.../krazy-kat.gif

Totally surreal.

--