CatBanter

-   -   fleas (http://www.catbanter.com/showthread.php?t=18754)

Jenni G. July 15th 04 01:17 PM

fleas

I have a flea infestation in my home and on my two babies. One is a 13
yr-old Himalayan/Siamese mix, the other is a 3 yr-old calico mix. Which is
better, Frontline Plus or Advantage? And why? All comments and opinions are
welcome.
I would like to thank you all in advance for your advice.

Marievulsion July 16th 04 08:16 PM

I suffered a similar event last summer, it was so bad I started believing my
fleas had cats.

Anyway, I phoned up the vet who recommended Frontline and within two DAYS after
application, the fleas were GONE from my house, my 4 cats and, yes, me. Eke!

I've never tried Advantage because the Frontline worked so very, very well.
Best $30.00 I'd spent in a long time.

Jenni G. July 17th 04 03:50 AM

I went to my vet and they suggested Advantage ($16 per cat + $3 for them to
put it on for me. They also gave them a pill each called Capstar to help
kill the fleas on them faster.
My next question is what did you use to get rid of them in your house? I
bombed with the Zodiac bombs already and I feel as if it did nothing. At
least the drops are working I have found no living movement on them since
yesterday.

Jenni G

Jenni G. July 17th 04 03:59 AM

Sounds good. But where do you buy them? I've never heard of it.

"SBroad2300" wrote in message
I've used Vet-Chem flea bombs. You have to empty the house for two hours,

then
air it well, and they're not cheap...but it will kill all insect/arthropod

life
forms in the house (and probably anything else left in there during the
bombing).

SBroad2300 July 17th 04 04:21 AM

Sounds good. But where do you buy them? I've never heard of it.

I got mine through my vet. They've also got a website; run a google search for
them.

I think it's an Italian company. The bombs work very well. Got rid of all the
fleas, plus spiders, roaches, etc.