CatBanter

-   -   Mooch waits his turn (http://www.catbanter.com/showthread.php?t=90611)

Bobcat August 29th 08 10:44 PM

Mooch waits his turn

In the warm Canadian weather we share our front veranda with Mooch,
our resident stray. In the winter he sleeps there in a heated chair we
provide him and eats his meals. Today I was sitting on the veranda
listening to an audiobook, one of my favourite pastimes, staring off
into space. Eventually I looked down and there was Mooch. He was
patiently staring up at me, waiting to be fed.

"Sorry, Mooch, I didn't see you," I said to him, and went inside for
his food and water. I returned, set them down for him and sat in a
chair guarding him from food-thieves.

I thought, "We've come a long way together, little fellow. Three years
ago you'd have hidden under a chair until I'd gone back inside before
you'd eat. Now you come within two feet of me without fear. You'll
always be a free spirit, but now we've gained your trust. For me
that's worth its weight in gold!"

Adrian[_2_] August 30th 08 11:13 AM

Mooch waits his turn

Bobcat wrote:
In the warm Canadian weather we share our front veranda with Mooch,
our resident stray. In the winter he sleeps there in a heated chair we
provide him and eats his meals. Today I was sitting on the veranda
listening to an audiobook, one of my favourite pastimes, staring off
into space. Eventually I looked down and there was Mooch. He was
patiently staring up at me, waiting to be fed.

"Sorry, Mooch, I didn't see you," I said to him, and went inside for
his food and water. I returned, set them down for him and sat in a
chair guarding him from food-thieves.

I thought, "We've come a long way together, little fellow. Three years
ago you'd have hidden under a chair until I'd gone back inside before
you'd eat. Now you come within two feet of me without fear. You'll
always be a free spirit, but now we've gained your trust. For me
that's worth its weight in gold!"

Mooch sounds a lot like Shadow, it took him about five years before he
decided to move indoors, about a year after he was neautered.
Cats leave pawprints on your heart

Bettina August 30th 08 01:41 PM

Mooch waits his turn

On 29 Aug., 23:44, Bobcat wrote:
In the warm Canadian weather we share our front veranda with Mooch,
our resident stray. In the winter he sleeps there in a heated chair we
provide him and eats his meals. Today I was sitting on the veranda
listening to an audiobook, one of my favourite pastimes, staring off
into space. Eventually I looked down and there was Mooch. He was
patiently staring up at me, waiting to be fed.

"Sorry, Mooch, I didn't see you," I said to him, and went inside for
his food and water. I returned, set them down for him and sat in a
chair guarding him from food-thieves.

I thought, "We've come a long way together, little fellow. Three years
ago you'd have hidden under a chair until I'd gone back inside before
you'd eat. Now you come within two feet of me without fear. You'll
always be a free spirit, but now we've gained your trust. For me
that's worth its weight in gold!"

This brought tears to my eyes. Thank you for being such a wonderful
human.
And excuse my emotional words.

Bettina

Bobcat August 30th 08 06:08 PM

Mooch waits his turn

On Aug 30, 8:41 am, Bettina wrote:
This brought tears to my eyes. Thank you for being such a wonderful
human.
And excuse my emotional words.
Bettina

Many thanks Bettina, and of course I'll excuse your expression of
emotion. I feel the same way when I sit and watch Mooch having one of
his many meals on the veranda only a few feet from me. For me the
emotion I feel is a sense of deep gratitude for Mooch's confidence in
me - a small, vulnerable creature like himwho's surviving in a
dangerous city, and the wonder of animals.

polonca12000 September 5th 08 10:26 PM

Mooch waits his turn

Bobcat wrote:
In the warm Canadian weather we share our front veranda with Mooch,
our resident stray. In the winter he sleeps there in a heated chair we
provide him and eats his meals. Today I was sitting on the veranda
listening to an audiobook, one of my favourite pastimes, staring off
into space. Eventually I looked down and there was Mooch. He was
patiently staring up at me, waiting to be fed.

"Sorry, Mooch, I didn't see you," I said to him, and went inside for
his food and water. I returned, set them down for him and sat in a
chair guarding him from food-thieves.

I thought, "We've come a long way together, little fellow. Three years
ago you'd have hidden under a chair until I'd gone back inside before
you'd eat. Now you come within two feet of me without fear. You'll
always be a free spirit, but now we've gained your trust. For me
that's worth its weight in gold!"

I'm so happy for you both!
Best wishes,
Polonca and Soncek