CatBanter

-   -   Now that most of the shock has worn off.... (http://www.catbanter.com/showthread.php?t=89638)

Jane July 5th 08 03:49 PM

Now that most of the shock has worn off....

I got FIRED on Thursday!! There was no issues, no warning, no clue.
The project manager just said that he needed to speak to me, and that
was it. They wanted me Off The Project, and I wasn't even allowed to
me. My co-workers have to pack up the rest of my stuff.

I've been there almost exactly 4 years. Everybody seems to like me. A
couple of departments think I can walk on water because I always take
the time to take care of them properly (helping them with computer
stuff). One of my co-workers called me at home to find out details,
and he says that this is 'messed up'. Even the project manager was
****ed. There's something funny going on, and he needs ask some
questions. Meanwhile, I have full pay until the end of July, and
benefits until the end of August. That's it. 2 months to find a new
job.

I spent most of Friday evening on the phone, yelling that 'that Rat
******* FIRED me!!' I had to get that out of my system, you see,
because calling him 'that rat *******' in an interview wouldn't go
over well. *grin* Officially, this is going to be called a layoff,
so getting a new job shouldn't be a problem.

I would enjoy this 'vacation' so much more if I knew when the ending
would be.

*sigh*

The Princess Rita doesn't seem to care that I'm home. I think this is
going to hit really hard on Monday, when I have nowhere to go.

Jane
- owned and operated by the Princess Rita

tanadashoes July 5th 08 03:58 PM

"Jane" wrote in message
I got FIRED on Thursday!! There was no issues, no warning, no clue.
The project manager just said that he needed to speak to me, and that
was it. They wanted me Off The Project, and I wasn't even allowed to
me. My co-workers have to pack up the rest of my stuff.

OMG! I'm so sorry Jane. This does seem rather messed up and uncalled for.
Purrs that you get a new job soonest and that it is better than this one
was.

Pam S.

Adrian[_2_] July 5th 08 04:08 PM

Jane wrote:
I got FIRED on Thursday!! There was no issues, no warning, no clue.
The project manager just said that he needed to speak to me, and that
was it. They wanted me Off The Project, and I wasn't even allowed to
me. My co-workers have to pack up the rest of my stuff.

snip

{{{{{{{{{ Jane }}}}}}}}} The way you got fired would be illegal here. Purrs
that you find an even better job asap.
Cats leave pawprints on your heart

Outsider July 5th 08 04:15 PM

Now that most of the shock has worn off....

Jane wrote in news:4aca6bb2-547f-434f-aefd-
:

[...]

What reason was given?

Andy

Victor Martinez July 5th 08 04:58 PM

Jane wrote:
The Princess Rita doesn't seem to care that I'm home. I think this is
going to hit really hard on Monday, when I have nowhere to go.

Purrs for the perfect job to come by soon.

--
Victor M. Martinez
Send your spam he

Jofirey July 5th 08 05:45 PM

"Jane" wrote in message
I got FIRED on Thursday!! There was no issues, no warning, no clue.
The project manager just said that he needed to speak to me, and
that
was it. They wanted me Off The Project, and I wasn't even allowed
me. My co-workers have to pack up the rest of my stuff.

That really and truly stinks.

But don't take the not being allowed to go back into the office
personally. Its pretty much standard procedure a lot of places.

That way the other employees aren't upset more than necessary and they
don't have to make a case by case judgment as to who might cause
trouble or remove things that they shouldn't.

Here's to finding something better soon. Purrs

Jo

EvelynVogtGamble(Divamanque) July 5th 08 06:58 PM

Now that most of the shock has worn off....

Another casualty of our "downsizing" economy, perhaps? However the
White House tries to "tweak" the statistics, huge quarterly losses,
industry closing more and more plants and branch offices, and thousands
of workers (in nearly all fields) being laid off does NOT indicate an
economic "boom". (And cutting welfare payments and veteran's benefits
to help fund an unjustified - and unsuccessful - war only makes the
situation worse!)

EvelynVogtGamble(Divamanque) July 5th 08 07:02 PM

Adrian wrote:
Jane wrote:
I got FIRED on Thursday!! There was no issues, no warning, no clue.
The project manager just said that he needed to speak to me, and that
was it. They wanted me Off The Project, and I wasn't even allowed to
me. My co-workers have to pack up the rest of my stuff.

snip

{{{{{{{{{ Jane }}}}}}}}} The way you got fired would be illegal here. Purrs
that you find an even better job asap.

I think it's "illegal" HERE, too - or was until the moron in the White
House managed to stuff our courts with neo-cons whose political
allegiance counts for more than their knowledge of Constitutional Law.

Marina July 5th 08 07:05 PM

Jane wrote:
I would enjoy this 'vacation' so much more if I knew when the ending
would be.

*sigh*

The Princess Rita doesn't seem to care that I'm home. I think this is
going to hit really hard on Monday, when I have nowhere to go.

I'm so sorry, Jane. Purrs that you find something else quickly, but get
to take a vacation before you start your new job.

jmcquown[_2_] July 5th 08 07:42 PM

Jane wrote:
[...]

I empathize! I was unceremoniously fired from my job of 11 years. My
supervisor was clearly unhappy at being dragged in to do the deed. All of
my co-workers said it was "messed up". In fact, only one of said co-workers
is still employed there. The manager who fired me either fired the others
or pushed them into moving to other departments and in some cases, other
employers. It did cheer me greatly to learn she eventually got the boot
herself :)

I wasn't allowed to go get my purse or pack up my personal belongings,
either. It's rather humiliating, isn't it? As if they're implying you
might steal something. Strangely enough, when they did pack up my stuff
they threw in a stapler and a box of green pens (I always wrote in green)
which technically weren't mine. Gee, thanks.

Best of luck finding something very soon. Do everything you can to guard
against depression. And take it from me, it doesn't do a lick of good to go
over things in your mind trying to figure out what *you* did wrong. Chances
are, you didn't do a thing.

Jill