CatBanter

-   -   Whiskas Temptations ... (http://www.catbanter.com/showthread.php?t=112015)

whisky-dave December 4th 14 04:17 PM

Whiskas Temptations ...

I noticed that in the 'instructions' is says no more than 15 per day.

Anyone know why, I will email whiskas but just wanted to check if anyone knew or what would happen if the cats eats more than 15 i9n a day.

buglady[_2_] December 4th 14 08:17 PM

Whiskas Temptations ...

On 12/4/2014 10:17 AM, whisky-dave wrote:

I noticed that in the 'instructions' is says no more than 15 per day.

Anyone know why,

...........Probably because it's not balanced food and they don't want
you to use it instead of regular cat food.

buglady
take out the dog before replying

dgk December 5th 14 06:28 PM

Whiskas Temptations ...

On Thu, 04 Dec 2014 14:17:20 -0500, buglady
wrote:

On 12/4/2014 10:17 AM, whisky-dave wrote:

I noticed that in the 'instructions' is says no more than 15 per day.

Anyone know why,

..........Probably because it's not balanced food and they don't want
you to use it instead of regular cat food.

buglady
take out the dog before replying

Oh, I never read about 15 per day. Nipsy is certainly near that limit.

buglady[_2_] December 6th 14 04:02 PM

Whiskas Temptations ...

On 12/5/2014 12:28 PM, dgk wrote:

Oh, I never read about 15 per day. Nipsy is certainly near that limit.

...........Actually Temptations is made by Mars and are completely
balanced. All the other crunchy treats I looked at (Whiskas Lickin's,
Party Mix) were NOT balanced and have that warning on them.

dgk December 8th 14 04:10 PM

Whiskas Temptations ...

On Sat, 06 Dec 2014 10:02:51 -0500, buglady
wrote:

On 12/5/2014 12:28 PM, dgk wrote:

Oh, I never read about 15 per day. Nipsy is certainly near that limit.

..........Actually Temptations is made by Mars and are completely
balanced. All the other crunchy treats I looked at (Whiskas Lickin's,
Party Mix) were NOT balanced and have that warning on them.

buglady
take out the dog before replying

I actually looked at the Temptations box (yes, I buy them buy the
pound!) and it does have a warning about using them as a primary meal
source but I don't recall what you're supposed to add. I'll check when
I get home. I did not see anything about limitiing them to 15 a day.

whisky-dave December 8th 14 05:30 PM

Whiskas Temptations ...

wrote:

On 12/5/2014 12:28 PM, dgk wrote:

Oh, I never read about 15 per day. Nipsy is certainly near that limit.

..........Actually Temptations is made by Mars and are completely
balanced. All the other crunchy treats I looked at (Whiskas Lickin's,
Party Mix) were NOT balanced and have that warning on them.

buglady
take out the dog before replying

I actually looked at the Temptations box (yes, I buy them buy the
pound!) and it does have a warning about using them as a primary meal
source but I don't recall what you're supposed to add. I'll check when
I get home. I did not see anything about limitiing them to 15 a day.

I'll recheck too it was a few months ago and I had to use a jewlers eye magnifier to read it. My cats been geting some growths like pimples under her chin which dry and fall off , she doesn't seem worried by them though.
I emailed whiskas asking.....

Sylvia M[_3_] December 8th 14 09:45 PM

Whiskas Temptations ...

wrote:

On 12/5/2014 12:28 PM, dgk wrote:

[...]

Are you using a plastic dish?
They can cause this.

Sylvia M.

whisky-dave December 9th 14 02:28 PM

Whiskas Temptations ...

wrote:

On 12/5/2014 12:28 PM, dgk wrote:

[...]

No her biscuit saucer is potery/ceramic so is her water bowl and et food bowl.

She does prefer warm water to drink.

I checked the temptations packet and Yes it says up to 15 busicuits per day.
It's at the end of the first line.

They can cause this.

Sylvia M.

dgk December 10th 14 08:41 PM

Whiskas Temptations ...

wrote:

On 12/5/2014 12:28 PM, dgk wrote:

Oh, I never read about 15 per day. Nipsy is certainly near that limit.

..........Actually Temptations is made by Mars and are completely
balanced. All the other crunchy treats I looked at (Whiskas Lickin's,
Party Mix) were NOT balanced and have that warning on them.

buglady
take out the dog before replying

Yes, I read the labels of two packs of yellow (chicken) Temptations
carefully, the 6 oz and 1lb sizes. One said to feed 10-12 as a treat
for a normal sized cat, the other said up to 15. But both said that it
was a balanced food and that 1/4 cup of Temptations is equivlent to
1/4 cup of some other dry cat food. That would be a pretty expensive
way to feed your cat, and then what would you give them as a treat?

I prefer to give them wet food, but they get dry as well since I can
leave that out all day.

whisky-dave December 11th 14 02:51 PM

Whiskas Temptations ...

wrote:

On 12/5/2014 12:28 PM, dgk wrote:

Oh, I never read about 15 per day. Nipsy is certainly near that limit.

..........Actually Temptations is made by Mars and are completely
balanced. All the other crunchy treats I looked at (Whiskas Lickin's,
Party Mix) were NOT balanced and have that warning on them.

buglady
take out the dog before replying

Yes, I read the labels of two packs of yellow (chicken) Temptations
carefully, the 6 oz and 1lb sizes. One said to feed 10-12 as a treat
for a normal sized cat, the other said up to 15. But both said that it
was a balanced food and that 1/4 cup of Temptations is equivlent to
1/4 cup of some other dry cat food. That would be a pretty expensive
way to feed your cat, and then what would you give them as a treat?

I prefer to give them wet food, but they get dry as well since I can
leave that out all day.

My one female cat 7 years old :
For breakfast 1/2 sachet of wet cat food usually felix, refreshed bowl of warm water, she'll usually then sit next to her buiscuit saucer I'll put about half a handful of purin/iams type buiscuits and she'll wait and look up at me until I add a side order of about 5 treats or so.
She'll eat the treats, then eat about half the wet food then half the purin/iams then go and have a wash and a sleep.
Same thing for evening meal about 6pm, and then the same again at abput midnight although thy'll be purin/iams and a bit of wet cat food left in the bowl.

No return email from whiskas yet.