CatBanter

-   -   Vitamin E requirement? (http://www.catbanter.com/showthread.php?t=67231)

Knack February 20th 06 06:34 AM

Vitamin E requirement?

Want to begin supplementing my kitties' diets with a natural vitamin E
complex vitamin. Anyone out there know what the RDA of vitamin E is for an
adult cat?

PawsForThought February 20th 06 05:40 PM

Vitamin E requirement?

Knack wrote:
Want to begin supplementing my kitties' diets with a natural vitamin E
complex vitamin. Anyone out there know what the RDA of vitamin E is for an
adult cat?

For adult maintenance, the minimum daily requirement is 30 IU/kg. If
you are feeding a commercial food, the food should already contain the
30 IUs. I would recommend that you speak to your vet before
supplementing, as too much supplementation can be just as bad as too
little.

Lauren