CatBanter

-   -   I had a dream (http://www.catbanter.com/showthread.php?t=113747)

Bill Stock[_2_] August 7th 18 07:24 PM

I had a dream

No disrespect to MLK.

I was dreaming that I was trying to get something out of my pocket, but my arm was frozen. I woke up to find Smokey lying on my arm. I was just glad I hadn't flung her across the room. That and that it wasn't aliens. :-)

joy August 7th 18 08:42 PM

I had a dream

On 8/7/2018 11:24 AM, Bill Stock wrote:
No disrespect to MLK.

I was dreaming that I was trying to get something out of my pocket, but my arm was frozen. I woke up to find Smokey lying on my arm. I was just glad I hadn't flung her across the room. That and that it wasn't aliens. :-)

;-)

jmcquown[_2_] August 8th 18 09:07 PM

I had a dream

On 8/7/2018 2:24 PM, Bill Stock wrote:
No disrespect to MLK.

I was dreaming that I was trying to get something out of my pocket, but my arm was frozen. I woke up to find Smokey lying on my arm. I was just glad I hadn't flung her across the room. That and that it wasn't aliens. :-)

Are you *sure* Smokey isn't an alien? I sometimes wonder when I see
drawings of alleged alien beings... they have suspiciously cat-like
faces. ;)

Jill

Bill Stock[_2_] August 8th 18 10:00 PM

I had a dream

On Wednesday, August 8, 2018 at 4:07:22 PM UTC-4, Jill McQuown wrote:
On 8/7/2018 2:24 PM, Bill Stock wrote:
No disrespect to MLK.

I was dreaming that I was trying to get something out of my pocket, but my arm was frozen. I woke up to find Smokey lying on my arm. I was just glad I hadn't flung her across the room. That and that it wasn't aliens. :-)

Are you *sure* Smokey isn't an alien? I sometimes wonder when I see
drawings of alleged alien beings... they have suspiciously cat-like
faces. ;)

Jill

It's possible, she has quite a knack for language. I'm always amazed at how many words she knows and how well she understands them. As you know the baf has become a thing now, but I don't always wash her bum, as it's not necessary. But when I want to wash her bum, I just have to say bum and she lifts her leg. One day she practically stood on her head to put her bum in the air. I can only assume it was an itchy bum day. She also knows what the voice announcements mean on the home automation system, as she knows which door to check out. She learned these almost immediately. I was very worried. :-)

joy August 8th 18 11:36 PM

I had a dream

On 8/8/2018 2:00 PM, Bill Stock wrote:
[...]

Yes, cats are often scary smart.

jmcquown[_2_] August 9th 18 01:21 AM

I had a dream

On 8/8/2018 6:36 PM, joy wrote:
On 8/8/2018 2:00 PM, Bill Stock wrote:
On Wednesday, August 8, 2018 at 4:07:22 PM UTC-4, Jill McQuown wrote:
On 8/7/2018 2:24 PM, Bill Stock wrote:
No disrespect to MLK.

I was dreaming that I was trying to get something out of my pocket,
but my arm was frozen. I woke up to find Smokey lying on my arm. I
was just glad I hadn't flung her across the room. That and that it
wasn't aliens. :-)

Are you *sure* Smokey isn't an alien?Â* I sometimes wonder when I see
drawings of alleged alien beings... they have suspiciously cat-like
faces. ;)

Jill

It's possible, she has quite a knack for language. I'm always amazed
at how many words she knows and how well she understands them. As you
know the baf has become a thing now, but I don't always wash her bum,
as it's not necessary. But when I want to wash her bum, I just have to
say bum and she lifts her leg. One day she practically stood on her
head to put her bum in the air. I can only assume it was an itchy bum
day. She also knows what the voice announcements mean on the home
automation system, as she knows which door to check out. She learned
these almost immediately. I was very worried. :-)

Yes, cats are often scary smart.

I'm really just thinking about the alleged alien drawings and
similarities with cat faces. Big eyes, rather triangular shaped faces
with pointed chins. Similar to Sphinx cats. ;)

Buffy doesn't pay much attention to language. Persia certainly did
understand words. She'd take a 10 minute nap if I said, "It's not time
yet". She was like a snooze alarm.

Buffy is pretty much like, "I'm going to meow and bother you and purr in
your ear until you pay attention." Once I do, she takes a nap.

She does have a lovely triangle face with big beaufiful eyes... like a
furry little orange stripey alien :)

Jill

Bill Stock[_2_] August 9th 18 01:43 AM

I had a dream

On Wednesday, August 8, 2018 at 8:21:12 PM UTC-4, Jill McQuown wrote:
On 8/8/2018 6:36 PM, joy wrote:
[...]

Cali was our bright cat, but was not as much into language. I think she was just more independent. Smokey thinks she is people, Cali knew she was a cat. Smokey will take instruction, Cali was more screw you.