CatBanter

-   -   What's with the phonetic kitty talk? (http://www.catbanter.com/showthread.php?t=100158)

Dave March 29th 10 11:20 PM

What's with the phonetic kitty talk?

I thought this was place to exchange info on cats, not act like a bunch of
children. I've come here in the past, and don't remember this foolishness.

Sylvia M[_3_] March 29th 10 11:46 PM

What's with the phonetic kitty talk?

You are probably looking for one of the other rec.pets.cats... groups.
HTH

Christine BA[_3_] March 30th 10 12:04 AM

30.3.2010 1:20, Dave kirjoitti:
I thought this was place to exchange info on cats, not act like a bunch of
children. I've come here in the past, and don't remember this foolishness.

Rec.pets.cats.community has used meowchat for as long as I remember. I'm
not all that fond of it either, but tend to lurk here anyway. There are
other rec.pets.cats groups too. For example if it's health issues you
want to look into, check out rec.pets.cats.health+behav.

--
Christine in Finland
christal63 (at) gmail (dot) com

Granby March 30th 10 12:33 AM

What's with the phonetic kitty talk?

Well, you call it foolishness, we call it fun. Maybe you meant to go to
rpca. They do not like meowchat at all. Sorry to be below your standards.
We are interested in your kitty and the potential weight problem. Hope you
get it figured out.

Granby March 30th 10 12:36 AM

What's with the phonetic kitty talk?

Maybe you need one of the health groups or rpca. We rather enjoy meowchat
here and I am sorry it is below your standards for fun. However, we are
interested in your kitty and hope you will post when you figure out the
source of the problem. It may just be a growing thing. Lots of luck.

Sparafucile[_2_] March 30th 10 12:43 AM

On Mon, 29 Mar 2010 18:20:52 -0400, Dave wrote:

I thought this was place to exchange info on cats, not act like a bunch of
children. I've come here in the past, and don't remember this foolishness.

It requires two things that a self-righteous
asshole like you doesn't have: imagination and a
sense of humor/playfullness.

If you don't like it here, don't visit or ask our
advice.

plonk

--
Ciao,

Serge

ŽI love cats because I take pleasure in my home;
soul.¡
Jean Cocteau, 1889-1963

3/29/2010 7:42:28 PM

Dave March 30th 10 12:46 AM

Christine BA wrote:
30.3.2010 1:20, Dave kirjoitti:
I thought this was place to exchange info on cats, not act like a
bunch of children. I've come here in the past, and don't remember
this foolishness.

Rec.pets.cats.community has used meowchat for as long as I remember.
I'm not all that fond of it either, but tend to lurk here anyway.
There are other rec.pets.cats groups too. For example if it's health
issues you want to look into, check out rec.pets.cats.health+behav.

You know what? I think the health+behavior group is the one I've used in
the past. I think I'll go there. Aside from its being more geared toward
the advice I'm seeking, I can't stomach this so-called meowchat.
Ridiculous. It's exactly the sort of foolishness that gives cat owners a
bad name. Thanks, Christine.

BTW, I used to date a Fin. She and her sisters were born there, but grew up
here in the states. They all had Finnish names that were a bit of a
challenge for my American tongue. Her parents' names were really tough, but
I have to admit, I did a pretty good job with them. In fact, the first time
I met her younger sister, the sister remarked on how well I pronounced my
girlfriend's name. (Most people didn't do too well.) ;)

Thanks, again.

-Dave

Granby March 30th 10 01:34 AM

What's with the phonetic kitty talk?

And, young man as I assume you are by your rudeness, exactly what does that
have to do with a problem you might be having with your cat?

MLB[_2_] March 30th 10 01:52 AM

Dave wrote:
Christine BA wrote:
30.3.2010 1:20, Dave kirjoitti:
[...]

Don't go away mad -- some of the group are nice and have a playful
spirit. MLB