CatBanter

-   -   A birthday party! (http://www.catbanter.com/showthread.php?t=113933)

[email protected] May 6th 19 04:46 PM

A birthday party!

[May 5, 2019: Down in the basement of a house in Kansas City kitties are working. Ranger drives a kitty-lift out of the hidden storage closet and motors over to the security camera pointed at the washer, dryer, and sump pump, and he quickly clips a small piece of circuitry in place to cause the camera to loop instead of playing live images. Starr da Dogg pushes some of the hoomin's storage boxes up against the wall, and Francesca sets up tables to hold food and drinks. Ranger then fires up a stereo playing dance music, and Francesca starts setting out yummy kitty and doggy goodies.]

Attention, efurrykitty and goggy and offur furry friends: today is Sammy Redcat's purrday! Him is 18 years old today. Please join us celebrating him's old man status.

Ranger Greycat

cshenk May 7th 19 02:04 AM

A birthday party!

wrote:

[May 5, 2019: Down in the basement of a house in Kansas City kitties
are working. Ranger drives a kitty-lift out of the hidden storage
closet and motors over to the security camera pointed at the washer,
dryer, and sump pump, and he quickly clips a small piece of circuitry
in place to cause the camera to loop instead of playing live images.
Starr da Dogg pushes some of the hoomin's storage boxes up against
the wall, and Francesca sets up tables to hold food and drinks.
Ranger then fires up a stereo playing dance music, and Francesca
starts setting out yummy kitty and doggy goodies.]

Attention, efurrykitty and goggy and offur furry friends: today is
Sammy Redcat's purrday! Him is 18 years old today. Please join us
celebrating him's old man status.

Ranger Greycat

A slender white cat with green eyes comes out of the cataporter. She
is gracefully aging. She rubs her cheek on Sammy with a deep purr then
gives him a saucy wink. "hey big boy, wanna purr on the same cushion
together furr a bit?"

Daisy-chan saunters off liquidly to a cushion with room for 2.

Dan Mahoney[_2_] May 7th 19 09:57 PM

A birthday party!

Greetings, Miz Daisy-chan! Fangu fur de invitation, I would love to sit wif you. Mebbe we could even get one of dem younger kitties to bring us some goodies.

[Jocko the Diving Cat happens to be walking past as Sammy says this. He grabs Big Mama, and together they bring a variety of snacks to the kitty pillow, along with a bottle of nip wine.]

Oh, dis is nice! I could get used to dis kind of service. Too bad I only have a purrday once a year.

Pit2nya[_4_] May 8th 19 01:08 AM

A birthday party!

On Monday, May 6, 2019 at 8:46:28 AM UTC-7, wrote:
[May 5, 2019: Down in the basement of a house in Kansas City kitties are working. Ranger drives a kitty-lift out of the hidden storage closet and motors over to the security camera pointed at the washer, dryer, and sump pump, and he quickly clips a small piece of circuitry in place to cause the camera to loop instead of playing live images. Starr da Dogg pushes some of the hoomin's storage boxes up against the wall, and Francesca sets up tables to hold food and drinks. Ranger then fires up a stereo playing dance music, and Francesca starts setting out yummy kitty and doggy goodies.]

Attention, efurrykitty and goggy and offur furry friends: today is Sammy Redcat's purrday! Him is 18 years old today. Please join us celebrating him's old man status.

Ranger Greycat

Senior kitty,wearing a mourning coat of grey-and-white enters.
Happy Purrday, Sammy Redcat 18 iz effin 3 yeerz owldurr den me!
ConCATulashunz! I brot Mousikulz and Souvin Eerz,
an uh tie frum the BooTeek.
P2nya

Dan Mahoney[_2_] May 8th 19 01:28 PM

A birthday party!

Fangu, Miz Pi2nya! Dat is a lovely tie. And fungu fur coming. It iz wunnderful to see you.

Sammy

Ann May 9th 19 01:49 PM

A birthday party!

On 5/6/2019 11:46 AM, wrote:
[May 5, 2019: Down in the basement of a house in Kansas City kitties are working. Ranger drives a kitty-lift out of the hidden storage closet and motors over to the security camera pointed at the washer, dryer, and sump pump, and he quickly clips a small piece of circuitry in place to cause the camera to loop instead of playing live images. Starr da Dogg pushes some of the hoomin's storage boxes up against the wall, and Francesca sets up tables to hold food and drinks. Ranger then fires up a stereo playing dance music, and Francesca starts setting out yummy kitty and doggy goodies.]

Attention, efurrykitty and goggy and offur furry friends: today is Sammy Redcat's purrday! Him is 18 years old today. Please join us celebrating him's old man status.

Ranger Greycat

"Hi everyone. Happy Purrday to you Sammy." Lucy Lu picks up a plate for
some snacks. Every thing looks so good.

Dan Mahoney[_2_] May 10th 19 01:21 PM

A birthday party!

Fangu, Lucy Lu! Dere's so many yummy fings on da boofay table...

[As Sammy looks around happily, he sees 2 raccoons approaching. He has seen these raccoons before, but only through the windows.]

Hihi, raccoons! You live right around here, don't you?

Tony: Hi, Sammy! Yes we do! I'm Tony, and dis is Tina. We have a den inside da tree in your front yard. It's furry nice! It's a great location, and it's close to friends an family, an we'z got lots of good foods nearby, and no hoomins trying to hurt us. It's purrty cool. Oooh, look, someone just turned on da lights on a disco ball! Dat's beeyoutiful! We'z will haf to do some dancing.Den we can...

[Tony stops talking when Tina grabs his mouth.]

Tina: Tony, you are motor mouthing again. We talked about that, remember? Hello, Sammy. We're glad to finally meet you. Happy Birthday!

[Tina releases Tony's mouth and he immediately starts talking again. Tina takes his paw and guides him towards the buffet table. Sammy then sees a little black cat, a skinny buff cat, and a timid grey tabby come through the door. He runs over to greet them.]

Hi guys! I know who you are just from listening to my hoomins talk. You must be Midnight, and you must be Fred, and you must be Sarge. I'm glad to see you could come. Please, help yourselves to the buffet table.

[As he walks back towards the cushion he is sharing with Daisy-chan he sees that Jocko and Big Mama have indeed rigged a disco ball, and Ranger has set up a stereo and started some music going. Jocko and Big Mama are dancing.]

Miss Daisy-chan, since they are playing some reasonably slow music, would you care to dance just a little bit?

cshenk May 12th 19 02:50 AM

A birthday party!

Dan Mahoney wrote:

Greetings, Miz Daisy-chan! Fangu fur de invitation, I would love to
sit wif you. Mebbe we could even get one of dem younger kitties to
bring us some goodies.

[Jocko the Diving Cat happens to be walking past as Sammy says this.
He grabs Big Mama, and together they bring a variety of snacks to the
kitty pillow, along with a bottle of nip wine.]

Oh, dis is nice! I could get used to dis kind of service. Too bad I
only have a purrday once a year.

Purrs happen as Daisy-chan rubs Sammy then deftly steals the best
fingerling fish right under his nose. She dangles it though and lets
him have 1/2 of it.

Snickering, they dig into some goodies.

cshenk May 12th 19 03:02 AM

A birthday party!

Dan Mahoney wrote:

[...]

Daisy pluffs her furr nicely and takes his paw, then shifts to a samaba
in slow motion. Sammy joins in as they enter the disco ball's swirling
glitter...

cshenk May 13th 19 01:30 AM

A birthday party!

cshenk wrote:

Dan Mahoney wrote:

[...]

Sammy joins in and with a glimmer, whispers to the band.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-bCoFRsKpww

Daisy laughs and sways with him.

Dan Mahoney[_2_] May 14th 19 01:16 PM

A birthday party!

Seeing Sammy and Daisy-chan dancing, Big Mama grabs Jocko and drags him to the dance floor. Tina the raccoon looks longingly at the dance floor, then she follows Big Mama's lead and drags Tony to the dance floor. Tony appears completely clueless as to what to do until Tina whispers in his ear "Just close your eyes, listen to the music, and feel the movement".

Dan Mahoney[_2_] May 14th 19 07:27 PM

A birthday party!

Francesca see Midnight, Fred, and Sarge each nibbling on a plate of goodies, but trying to hide at the same time. She walks over and introduces herself.

"Hi, guys. I know who you are - I've heard Meowmie and Paw talking about you. You're the kitties who live in the garage, aren't you?"

Midnight: "Um, yes, we are. We don't usually get to talk to inside kitties. They usually just hiss at us."

Frannie: "Well, this is the Community. We like all creatures here. As you can see we've got a couple raccoons in the party, and those squirrels over here, and that really big kitty, Big Mama, is a black panther. We all do our best to get along. I've been trying to find some of the local possums to invite them, but they seem to be doing a really good job of hiding."

Fred: "Yeah, dey do dat. We have a lot of decent hoomins livin around here, but some of the ones that used to live in dis house were purrty nasty people. Da possums gotted scared off and now only come around in da night time."

Sarge: "Well, I kinda know dem, a liddle bit. I talk to dem some times. If you want I'z could tell dem dat they is welcome to come around. DO you fink dere might be food stuff dey could eat somewhere close by dis house?"

Frannie: "Me an Ranger an Sammy can whisper in da hoomin's ears while dey is asleep, and get dem to put possum feeders in da back yard. See dat great big old doggie over there, eating the kitty kibble? Dat's Starr da Dogg. Her is big and her barks a lot, but her is akchooly nice to aminuls. Her only barks to play wif her buddy, Duke, next door. Her would like to meet some possums, and if any possum gets scared, all him would have to do is hiss. Starr da Dogg would then back off right away. Same fur you kitties, too. You are all welcome to come in da back yard any time. Paw is gonna install a critter door in the garage back door, just fur garage kitties and anyone or anyfing else dat needs shelter or foods. So please pass da word!"

Sarge: "Fangu, Miz Francesca".

Francesca then takes Sarge's paw and pulls him on the dance floor.

cshenk May 16th 19 02:24 AM

A birthday party!

Dan Mahoney wrote:

[...]

Iowna, without a dance purrtner, saunters up to Fred and with a grin,
herds him to the dance floor. He snickers and goes along with it.

She arranges for the next song to be:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Es3Vsfzdr14

House of Stright & friends May 16th 19 08:47 AM

A birthday party!

[An elderly raccoon gentleman peers through the doorway and looks around until he sees a familiar face.]

Mr. Sammy, happy birthday to you, and kkkongratulations on such a long life! I don't know if you remember me. I am Rocky Raccoon. I was a friend of Rebekkka and I helped her when she was running the Fluffykkkitz warehouse. I hope its okkkay that I stayed on there to kkkeep things running after she....

[Rocky looks down for a moment]

Anyway, I saw that food from the warehouse was being used for your birthday, so I thought you might not mind if I kkkame to the party, bekkkause you were always such a kkkind gentleman kkkitty. If any of your guests aren't kkkomfortable around rakkkoons, I won't stay long. I brought a platter of appetizers that I made from things I gathered myself. Some of them are rakkkoon delikkkacies -- not the usual kkkind of thing that kkkitties eat, but maybe your guests would likkke to try them.

Have you moved? I set the porter kkkoordinates for your house, but this doesn't lookkk likkke the place I remember.

Rocky

Dan Mahoney[_2_] May 16th 19 03:03 PM

A birthday party!

Hi, Rocky! Yes, I sure do rememfur you - fangs fur coming!

My humans moved us from Chicatgo to Kansas City a few months ago. We'z just getting used to dis new place.

I fink efurryone here is comfortable around raccoons. You might not have noticed Tony and Tina over dere - dey are a couple of da raccoons dat live in dis neighborhood.

And I fang you fur keeping the FluffyKitz warehouse in order and stocked up.. We'z been kind of quiet lately, but I would like to get us busy again. I think dat if one or two younger kitties wanted to get involved, we might be able to develop more of a presence in da Community - like it used to me.

Why don't you sit here? Dis lovely lady cat is Daisy-chan. Daisy, dis is Rocky.

Dan Mahoney[_2_] May 23rd 19 03:08 PM

A birthday party!

[A shy, somewhat scruffy grey tabby cat sees Francesca standing by the buffet table, and walks over to her.]

Sarge: 'Scuze me, Miz Francesca da Fierce. I know you duzn't know me, but I wunnder if I could ask you to dance?

Francesca: Of course I know you, Sarge. We hafn't had a chance to talk yet since da hoomins don't let me outside or you inside, but I know you. You are quite a handsome mancat! Of course I'll dance wif you.

[The DJ has just started playing a Fats Domino record, so Franny grabs Sarge's paw and leads him to the dance floor, then they both start Twisting.]

cshenk May 27th 19 08:00 PM

A birthday party!

cshenk wrote:

Dan Mahoney wrote:

[...]

Iowna grins and thanks Fred for being a good sport.

A new song grows in her heart. It is close to her soul. Seems, she is
failing. She is very old for a doggie. She knows few get to be 16 and
she cherishes every moment of her sweet 16 party held last year.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Us-TVg40ExM

(Carol note, she is scheduled for an end of life consult. The
arthritis has her back legs taking the fun out of life. We are trying a
new pain med but she is resistant on eating it).

Mishi[_2_] May 28th 19 07:11 PM

A birthday party!

On Monday, May 27, 2019 at 3:01:05 PM UTC-4, cshenk wrote:
cshenk wrote:

Dan Mahoney wrote:

[...]

Carol,

Have you tried CBD oil on her? Maybe she will take it. Or, how about getting a pain med compounded in a topical, maybe rubbed into her ears?
Purrs from my gang of kitties!
Mishi

Dan Mahoney[_2_] May 28th 19 07:45 PM

A birthday party!

[A large, grinning labrador/Ridgeback cross walks up to Iowna.]

I sure hope that you feel ok to hang around wif us for a while longer! We'z hardly getted a chance to meet. I'z Starr. Da kitties in mineown howse usually avoid me cuz I'z kind of clumsy and I soemtimes forget what my tail is doing and it waps da kitties.

It sounds like you'z got a house wif lots and lots of love.

Starr da Dog

cshenk May 29th 19 12:45 AM

A birthday party!

cshenk wrote:

Dan Mahoney wrote:

[...]

Thank you Mishi, but she is well past any of that. She no longer has
relief from Tramadol.

cshenk May 29th 19 01:15 AM

A birthday party!

Dan Mahoney wrote:

[A large, grinning labrador/Ridgeback cross walks up to Iowna.]

I sure hope that you feel ok to hang around wif us for a while
longer! We'z hardly getted a chance to meet. I'z Starr. Da kitties in
mineown howse usually avoid me cuz I'z kind of clumsy and I soemtimes
forget what my tail is doing and it waps da kitties.

It sounds like you'z got a house wif lots and lots of love.

Starr da Dog

Iowna perks up and smiles at Starr. "Thank you dear one. I am simply
giving advance notice so it is not too shocking that the end draws near
for me. I am after all, older than most of the kittahs here. When you
put it in human to doggie years, I am 112 as of 2Jul2018. If I make it
to 2JUL2019, I would be 119 in human years.

I am content. I have had a very WONDERFUL life of love and adventure
from my days as a champion agility dog to my later years you all have
seen when Carol-meowmie adopted me when I was human years 77 and gave
me unconditional love. Unlike so many, I have never known cruelty or
want. That is very unusual and especially for doggies that go blind
and lose their first home because they were working dogs who couldn't
be kept.

I have something Cash didn't have time to pass to you but asked me to.
It should have waited for the ball, but I do not think I will make the
next ball. Iowna reaches into a bag at her waist and pulls out a
slightly faded but once hot pink wide scrunchy just right to be perfect
on a tail. A tiny bell hangs on the end.

Perhaps, you can wear this to the ball, in memory of Cash and to warn
the kittahs?

Iowna

cshenk May 29th 19 01:25 AM

A birthday party!

Dan Mahoney wrote:

Hi, Rocky! Yes, I sure do rememfur you - fangs fur coming!

My humans moved us from Chicatgo to Kansas City a few months ago.
We'z just getting used to dis new place.

I fink efurryone here is comfortable around raccoons. You might not
have noticed Tony and Tina over dere - dey are a couple of da
raccoons dat live in dis neighborhood.

And I fang you fur keeping the FluffyKitz warehouse in order and
stocked up. We'z been kind of quiet lately, but I would like to get
us busy again. I think dat if one or two younger kitties wanted to
get involved, we might be able to develop more of a presence in da
Community - like it used to me.

Why don't you sit here? Dis lovely lady cat is Daisy-chan. Daisy, dis
is Rocky.

HiHi Rocky! I'z not met many racoons befurr. She cocks her head the
side and remembers meowmie adding a small pouch to her bag and checks
it. Smiling, she offers him a few pistacios and some rasiens and a few
itty bitty dried niboshi (1 inch long dried fishies).

Pit2nya[_4_] May 30th 19 04:41 AM

A birthday party!

On Tuesday, May 28, 2019 at 5:25:43 PM UTC-7, cshenk wrote:
Dan Mahoney wrote:

[...]

....Tuxie cat joins them...
Hihi Daisy an Rocky, I'ym Pit2nya. I hav neffur had niboshi ... may I try wun?
Meowmie iz tryin me on different kindz ov fuud, kuz I yam bored wiff da twu brandz dat Costco carriez.

P2nya AKA Sweetee

Dan Mahoney[_2_] May 30th 19 08:54 PM

A birthday party!

Fangu, Iowna! I would be honored to wear this scrunchy at the next Jellicle Ball. I will wear it in remembrance of Cash and of you, too.

You have reached a furry good age. I'z just in mine 70s in doggie years, an I haf had a good life too. We'z both been furry lucky. When I was really young I lived on the street fur a while, but I don't really remember that. I have had the adventure of moving from Iowa to Illinois, then from Illinois to Missouri. Life has been very nice.

I am very glad that you have had such a wonderful life. Far too many dooggies never get to experience that.

Starr da Dogg

cshenk May 31st 19 02:31 AM

A birthday party!

Dan Mahoney wrote:

[...]

Daisy-chan reaches into her pouch and adds 1/2 cup or so of niboshi to
the table.

"They are little fishies and taste like lovely little crunchie bits!
Have several!"

Dan Mahoney[_2_] June 4th 19 02:01 PM

A birthday party!

[Sammy sneaks a taste, as do Francesca and Sarge.]

Oh, deze are good!

cshenk June 5th 19 07:11 PM

A birthday party!

Dan Mahoney wrote:

[Sammy sneaks a taste, as do Francesca and Sarge.]

Oh, deze are good!

Daisy hears something. Her eyes go wide and she dumps the pounch in a
bowl and runs for the cataporter....

Dan Mahoney[_2_] June 5th 19 07:15 PM

A birthday party!

Is everyfing ok, Miz Daisy-chan? Is there anything we can do to help?

worried Sammy

Pit2nya[_4_] June 5th 19 07:20 PM

A birthday party!

On Wednesday, June 5, 2019 at 11:15:42 AM UTC-7, Dan Mahoney wrote:
Is everyfing ok, Miz Daisy-chan? Is there anything we can do to help?

worried Sammy

OMBast!Whatz haappinin??? Kin I hewlp???

Worried P2nya

cshenk June 8th 19 01:20 AM

A birthday party!

cshenk wrote:

Dan Mahoney wrote:

[Sammy sneaks a taste, as do Francesca and Sarge.]

Oh, deze are good!

Daisy hears something. Her eyes go wide and she dumps the pouch in a
bowl and runs for the cataporter....

Daisy-chan comes back to explain, but sees it was explained. Her tail
is dragging. She was trying to be strong when she lost Cash 2 months
ago and now Iowna. She sees Starr da Dogg on a cushion and jumps in
then pulls her collar down so she is laying in a circle. Daisy takes
the center and settles in for a nap, and if the dog is not the same, it
allows her to rest for a bit.

cshenk June 9th 19 07:59 PM

A birthday party!

cshenk wrote:

cshenk wrote:

Dan Mahoney wrote:

[Sammy sneaks a taste, as do Francesca and Sarge.]

Oh, deze are good!

Daisy hears something. Her eyes go wide and she dumps the pouch in
a bowl and runs for the cataporter....

Daisy-chan comes back to explain, but sees it was explained. Her tail
is dragging. She was trying to be strong when she lost Cash 2 months
ago and now Iowna. She sees Starr da Dogg on a cushion and jumps in
then pulls her collar down so she is laying in a circle. Daisy takes
the center and settles in for a nap, and if the dog is not the same,
it allows her to rest for a bit.

Daisy-chan starts getting applicants to be her new friend. Her Meowmie
let them know Iowna had passed. She's not decided anything yet but
here is one who asked to be wif us:

https://www.petfinder.com/dog/lolli-...-rescue-va467/

Dan Mahoney[_2_] June 10th 19 09:29 PM

A birthday party!

Miz Daisy, know dat I will allez be available to help in whatever capacity you need me.

Starr da Dogg

cshenk June 11th 19 01:21 AM

A birthday party!

Dan Mahoney wrote:

Miz Daisy, know dat I will allez be available to help in whatever
capacity you need me.

Starr da Dogg

Thank you Starr. I needz a doggie hug....

Dan Mahoney[_2_] June 18th 19 06:39 PM

A birthday party!

[Starr settles in next to Daisy-chan, wrapping her big paws around the kitty.]

Sorry I'z was not furry timely in mine response, but mine lazy hoomin was unavailable to perform secreatarial duties for several days.

Starr

cshenk June 18th 19 07:50 PM

A birthday party!

Dan Mahoney wrote:

[Starr settles in next to Daisy-chan, wrapping her big paws around
the kitty.]

Sorry I'z was not furry timely in mine response, but mine lazy hoomin
was unavailable to perform secreatarial duties for several days.

Starr

Daisy-chan settles in and gently kneeds Starr's chest then drops her
head for a cry. She's lost both of her friends in a very short time.

Her Daddy 2foot has heart surgery Friday and she is scared.

Dan Mahoney[_2_] June 18th 19 07:53 PM

A birthday party!

My hoomin daddy had heart surgery on Tuesday (a week ago today). Mine Paw is fine, even though him had some minor complications and a couple liddle problems from da TED's place. We can worry about hoomin Paw's hearts togeffur.

And mine furs is waterproof.

Starr

[Starr gives Daisy-chan's head some gentle licks]

cshenk June 21st 19 07:30 PM

A birthday party!

Dan Mahoney wrote:

My hoomin daddy had heart surgery on Tuesday (a week ago today). Mine
Paw is fine, even though him had some minor complications and a
couple liddle problems from da TED's place. We can worry about hoomin
Paw's hearts togeffur.

And mine furs is waterproof.

Starr

[Starr gives Daisy-chan's head some gentle licks]

Daisy-chan heaves a sigh of relief. Her Daddy 2foot is home. She is
only miffed that he can't pick her up for a snuggle fur a whole WEEK!
It's because she is fluffier than 5lbs anna he's not allowed to do dat.
He has to be really quiet furr 2 days too.

[Nodding to Starr and giving her a nose boop back furr her kindness,
she heads back to jump on her Daddy 2-foots bed and take a nap at his
side]

Dan Mahoney[_2_] June 21st 19 07:36 PM

A birthday party!

I am so 'cited dat your Paw is home! Please tell him best healing wishes from mine Paw, who just a couple days ago was allowed to pick up mine brofur and sisfur kitties (efurrybody in dis howse weighs more dan the 10 pounds mine Paw was allowed to lift).

I'll bet he needs a nice long Daisy snuggle!

Starr

House of Stright & friends August 1st 19 10:37 AM

A birthday party!

Thank you, Miss Daisy-chan. Those look very tasty.

[Rocky eats the proffered treats.]

Yes, indeed, very tasty, and very thoughtful of you to bring them.

--Rocky

House of Stright & friends August 1st 19 10:39 AM

A birthday party!

Hello, Miss Pit2nya. We might never have met, but I know you from your Micekkkreem that we have in the warehouse. Please do try a niboshi. They kkkan be an akkkwired taste, but you might find that you likkke them.

--Rocky