CatBanter

-   Cats - misc (http://www.catbanter.com/forumdisplay.php?f=7)
-   -   The myth of the Siamese cat? (http://www.catbanter.com/showthread.php?t=20953)

Ablang December 15th 03 01:39 AM

The myth of the Siamese cat?

So then what breed is the cat, Bucky Katt, featured in the comic
strip "Get Fuzzy"? I just assumed he was Siamese because of their
reputation for trouble, and apparently wild ideas.

A lot of people mistakenly consider any cat with points (darker feet, tail,
ears, and face) to be Siamese, but Siamese is a distinct breed from other
pointed varieties, such as Balinese, Birman, Burmese, Colorpoint Shorthair,
and Himilayan. A lot of people just call any pointed long-haired cat a
Himalayan and any pointed shorthair a Siamese.

--
Hilary Duff is America's Sweetheart & an international HeartBreaker.

"FAILING = Finding An Important Lesson, Inviting Needed Growth" -- Gary
Busey

Lee Waun December 15th 03 01:47 AM

"Ablang" wrote in message
So then what breed is the cat, Bucky Katt, featured in the comic
strip "Get Fuzzy"? I just assumed he was Siamese because of their
reputation for trouble, and apparently wild ideas.

Bucky Katt is a siamese. It has been mentioned in the strip on more than one
occasion.