CatBanter

-   -   Catslaves (http://www.catbanter.com/showthread.php?t=114041)

Yowie[_4_] November 15th 19 06:16 AM

Catslaves

Way back when, the Yahoo group "catslaves" was born as a place for some of the off-topic banter amongst RPCA members and access to each other via email if Usenet went down. It hasn't had a single post in many many months, and Yahoo is closing groups down.

Christopher Havlicek mentioned archiving it. I am not sure that there's anything particularly worthy of archiving - it was never the main group. Nor am I sure how to archive it even if thats something we wanted to do. But I figure I should ask the group here, because its not 'mine', it is RPCA's, I was merely the administrator.

What sayest though? To archive? Or let it be?

Yowie

Cheryl[_5_] November 15th 19 11:24 AM

Catslaves

On 2019-11-15 2:46 a.m., Yowie wrote:
Way back when, the Yahoo group "catslaves" was born as a place for some of the off-topic banter amongst RPCA members and access to each other via email if Usenet went down. It hasn't had a single post in many many months, and Yahoo is closing groups down.

Christopher Havlicek mentioned archiving it. I am not sure that there's anything particularly worthy of archiving - it was never the main group. Nor am I sure how to archive it even if thats something we wanted to do. But I figure I should ask the group here, because its not 'mine', it is RPCA's, I was merely the administrator.

What sayest though? To archive? Or let it be?

Yowie

I was never a member of it, so shouldn't really decide - I'd say let it
go, but as I said, it's not a group I ever contributed to so my opinion
isn't really relevant.

--
Cheryl

jmcquown[_2_] November 15th 19 01:32 PM

Catslaves

On 11/15/2019 1:16 AM, Yowie wrote:
Way back when, the Yahoo group "catslaves" was born as a place for some of the off-topic banter amongst RPCA members and access to each other via email if Usenet went down. It hasn't had a single post in many many months, and Yahoo is closing groups down.

Christopher Havlicek mentioned archiving it. I am not sure that there's anything particularly worthy of archiving - it was never the main group. Nor am I sure how to archive it even if thats something we wanted to do. But I figure I should ask the group here, because its not 'mine', it is RPCA's, I was merely the administrator.

What sayest though? To archive? Or let it be?

Yowie

Hi Yowie! I don't recall ever being active in the Yahoo catslaves group
so no skin off my nose if it just fades away.

Jill

Helen Wheels November 17th 19 02:58 PM

Catslaves

On 15/11/2019 9:32 PM, jmcquown wrote:
On 11/15/2019 1:16 AM, Yowie wrote:
Way back when, the Yahoo group "catslaves" was born as a place for
some of the off-topic banter amongst RPCA members and access to each
other via email if Usenet went down. It hasn't had a single post in
many many months, and Yahoo is closing groups down.

Christopher Havlicek mentioned archiving it. I am not sure that
there's anything particularly worthy of archiving - it was never the
main group. Nor am I sure how to archive it even if thats something we
wanted to do. But I figure I should ask the group here, because its
not 'mine', it is RPCA's, I was merely the administrator.

What sayest though? To archive? Or let it be?

Yowie

Hi Yowie! I don't recall ever being active in the Yahoo catslaves group
so no skin off my nose if it just fades away.

Jill

Just adding on my agreement - I think I vaguely remember getting weekly
digest emails from that group at one stage but it's been a good while.