CatBanter

-   -   Indoor cats (http://www.catbanter.com/showthread.php?t=30388)

cardkitty August 18th 05 04:32 PM

My little Siega loves to go outside.. but we only let her when we are
out too. Here in Arizona, sometimes our concrete porch (and often even
the dirt) will be too hot for her feet (of course she doesn't believe
us 'til she trys it for herself.) Plus, after being outside for a
little while she starts to chew on some of the grasses and weeds.
Yeah, then she either chocks on it then spits it out or gets a little
sick. She still hasn't figured that one out so we just watch her while
we're out.

Kathryn

Who are Kathryn & Siega?
http://www.CardsYourWay.US/about_me.html

Karen August 18th 05 04:58 PM

Who are you responding to?

wrote in message
ps.com...
Wow, after my own heart.

[email protected] August 18th 05 05:01 PM

wrote:
First let me say I'm not being antagonistic, I'm just interested in the
(apparent) culture difference between the US & the UK as regards our
feline friends.

TEST - snipping all my own warbling to see if I have finally got it
right, apologies for the years I'd thought that if I hit reply, you'd
know what I was replying to, no-one mentioned it before, thanx Cheryl!

Marcia
Lord Otis's slave and minder

Adrian August 18th 05 05:04 PM

wrote:
foxes. I don't think an urban British fox would attack a cat,
perhaps a bunny or chicken in a cage but not a cat, there's more than
enough food for them without even attempting a cat. Plus surely a cat
would win hands down against a British fox? I think the fox would leg
it rather than attack, whereas the cat might have a go just cos it's a
cat and that's what cats do.

To be honest, in England anyway, I'd be much more worried about what a
cat was going to get up to with the local wildlife/birds rather than
anything getting to the cat. I found somebodies pet hamster or
something not sure it was such a mess in my garden, and it wasn't Otis
that did it which was weird.

Cats do get killed by foxes in England, it's very rare but it does
happen. As for hamsters, a few years ago my cat Smokey (RB) who was 19
at the time, brought one home through the cat flap. Sadly it was
injured, so, even though it was late Sunday evening I called the vet who
agreed to meet me at the sugery. There was nothing he could do for the
hamster, who had a broken back, so he put it sleep. As the hamster
wasn't mine the vet didn't charge me a penny. I never did find out where
it came from.
--
Adrian (Owned by Snoopy & Bagheera)
A house is not a home, without a cat.

Adrian August 18th 05 05:09 PM

wrote:
I love Norfolk, I was at my cousin's place in Walberswick a few weeks
ago, it was like being on another planet, awesome.

I once had a girlfriend who lived in Cromer, it was rather inconvenient
as I was living in Surrey at the time. I used to finish work, then drive
100 miles to see her.

Exocat August 18th 05 05:34 PM

wrote
TEST - snipping all my own warbling to see if I have finally got it
right, apologies for the years I'd thought that if I hit reply, you'd
know what I was replying to, no-one mentioned it before, thanx Cheryl!

You've got it!

If any previous post today was in reply to any of mine about training my
boys to the leash and could merit a reply, please re-send with a bit of
the original post included so I can tell (if you still can, that is).
Ideally to RPCA only, I don't post in those others.

TIA

Gordon & the FF

Adrian August 18th 05 05:41 PM

wrote:

TEST - snipping all my own warbling to see if I have finally got it
right, apologies for the years I'd thought that if I hit reply, you'd
know what I was replying to, no-one mentioned it before, thanx Cheryl!

Marcia
Lord Otis's slave and minder

You learn something new every day. :-)

wafflycat August 18th 05 06:09 PM

wrote in message
oups.com...

wrote:
First let me say I'm not being antagonistic, I'm just interested in the
(apparent) culture difference between the US & the UK as regards our
feline friends.

TEST - snipping all my own warbling to see if I have finally got it
right, apologies for the years I'd thought that if I hit reply, you'd
know what I was replying to, no-one mentioned it before, thanx Cheryl!

It worked - now you just need to not crosspost ;-)

Cheers, helen s

Julie Cook August 18th 05 06:38 PM

In today's Atlanta Journal Constitution about a community 30 minutes
east of downtown Atlanta, GA and about 20 minutes NE of my house:

The Atlanta Journal-Constitution
Published on: 08/18/05

"Early Sunday morning, Jenni Duncan stepped onto her front porch only to
find a coyote with her cat in its mouth, yards away.

Duncan screamed, and the coyote ran off with Gray Kitty, a gray-haired
cat with white feet. Duncan, her husband and two neighbors, one of them
brandishing a softball bat, went looking for Gray Kitty, also known as
Boots, to no avail."

And of course you have all heard my stories of foxes although I'll admit
I find it amusing to watch the foxes, raccoons and 'possum all eating
the birdseed at the same time. They've come to some sort of
understanding amonth themselves. My cats, however, will stay indoors
where it is safe and I'll light a candle tonight for Gray Kitty.

Julie

Dan M August 18th 05 07:34 PM

No, America is obsessed with ligitation, or fear of litigation. Every time
someone so much as sneezes out of place, they're slapped with a lawsuit.
Well that's how it appears to us over here in the UK anyway.

It's like speed limits, they say you have to keep your speed below 30mph
in case you hit a child. What the hell is the child doing in the middle of
the road in the first place..? Don't their parents educate them..?

Ivor

I don't know how it is in the UK, but in the US the answer to that
question is "No". They trust in the schools to educate their kids, train
them in how to behave, teach them common sense, etc. My perception is that
the vast majority of US parents don't educate their kids.

Not even in the importnat stuff, like how to treat cats properly.

Dan