CatBanter

-   -   Happy Valentine's Day, Buffy! (http://www.catbanter.com/showthread.php?t=113674)

jmcquown[_2_] February 14th 18 06:49 PM

Happy Valentine's Day, Buffy!

I found s stash of bright orange whiffle balls (the size of golf balls)
in a drawer. I tossed one out amongst all of Buffy's other toys. She's
been having a blast bapping it around.

Last night she meowed and made a racket after she'd bapped both a golf
ball and the wiffle ball underneath the skirt of a bookcase in the
living room. I fished them out for her.

Today, the wiffle ball is behind the sofa. She's walked around meowing
and expecting me to get it out for her. The sofa is heavy, I can't move
it. Nor can I reach down from above to grab it. She's going to have to
figure this one out by herself. :)

Jill

Takayuki February 16th 18 02:40 AM

Happy Valentine's Day, Buffy!

On Wed, 14 Feb 2018 12:49:32 -0500, jmcquown wrote:
Today, the wiffle ball is behind the sofa. She's walked around meowing
and expecting me to get it out for her. The sofa is heavy, I can't move
it. Nor can I reach down from above to grab it. She's going to have to
figure this one out by herself. :)

If you can't get them out, you'll need to keep buying balls until the back
of the sofa reaches saturation. :)

joy February 28th 18 12:59 AM

Happy Valentine's Day, Buffy!

On 2/27/2018 6:40 AM, Judith Latham wrote:
In article ,
jmcquown wrote:
I found s stash of bright orange whiffle balls (the size of golf balls)
in a drawer. I tossed one out amongst all of Buffy's other toys. She's
been having a blast bapping it around.

Last night she meowed and made a racket after she'd bapped both a golf
ball and the wiffle ball underneath the skirt of a bookcase in the
living room. I fished them out for her.

Today, the wiffle ball is behind the sofa. She's walked around meowing
and expecting me to get it out for her. The sofa is heavy, I can't move
it. Nor can I reach down from above to grab it. She's going to have to
figure this one out by herself. :)

Jill

You need a long stick to get that out. Sootie does it with her ping pong
balls.

Judith

I have what I call a "reachy-grabby". It has tongs at one end, and a
lever to operate the tongs at the other end of the stick. It was
designed for people to get things down from high shelves, but I use mine
to pick up things that are in awkward places (like the narrow space
between my kitchen stove and the cabinets). Actually, I have four of
them. I keep one in the kitchen, one by my chair in the living room,
one by my computer chair and one in the bathroom.

Joy