CatBanter

-   -   update on my father's kitten, and another kitten story (http://www.catbanter.com/showthread.php?t=109249)

Jane[_3_] April 10th 13 06:49 PM

update on my father's kitten, and another kitten story

Well, Dad still says that he wants to find a new home for Speedy, but I think that won't happen anytime soon. He lives in the country where kittens are hardly rare. His biggest objection is that the kitten is....well, a kitten, and keeps knocking things off tables and playing with them, and since my father is blind, he can't find the stuff that has now disappeared. He's 83 and can't go crawling around looking for it, and my brother is a rarely home (aka Useless). I live 300 miles away.
I hope they come to an agreement soon.

Meanwhile, in another story, my friend Dianne had to put down her beloved tortie Punkin. Punkin was very old and very sick, and it was time, but as you all well know, that doesn't help the pain in the least. Dianne has been very sick and is finally on the mend, but now she's in the market for a new furbaby. Anyone in the NYC area who knows where one can be found? Dianne doesn't drive and doesn't get out much these days (note: she's been SICK), so someone close by would be very helpful. If you know anyone, email me and I'll put y'all in touch.

When Dianne is feeling better, I'm going to try and get her to visit so she can get some serious Rita-cuddling. That'll help.

Jane
- owned and operated by the Princess Rita

Joy April 10th 13 07:27 PM

"Jane" wrote in message
[...]

***

Purrs for Dianne's hurting heart, and for a complete recovery soon.

Joy

jmcquown[_2_] April 11th 13 01:09 PM

On 4/10/2013 1:49 PM, Jane wrote:
[...]

I hope things work out with your dad and Speedy. I don't know from
experience but I'm sure a kitten would wear me out and I'm only 52 and
I'm not blind.

I'm very sorry about your friend losing Punkin. Condolences.

Many purrs for all concerned.

Jill ---sending scritches to Rita

Cheryl[_3_] April 12th 13 12:47 AM

On 4/10/2013 1:49 PM, Jane wrote:

[...]

Purrs for Dianne's broken heart. I think a cuddle will be just what she
needs.

--
CAPSLOCK–Preventing Login Since 1980.