CatBanter

-   -   Farewell (http://www.catbanter.com/showthread.php?t=27446)

Marina May 22nd 05 08:01 AM

Farewell

They just rang. Nikki hasn't gained consciousness and her temp has
stayed over 41 C for several hours now. She keeps cramping, and on the
vet's recommendation, I gave them permission to release her. They asked
me if I wanted to b ethere with her, but since she hasn't regained
consciousness I'm not going. I don't want to have hysterics on the bus.
Frank and Mere are worried enough as it is. Oh, my poor baby girl.

--
Marina, Frank, Nikki, and Mere

Kathryn May 22nd 05 08:01 AM

"Marina" wrote in message
They just rang. Nikki hasn't gained consciousness and her temp has stayed
over 41 C for several hours now. She keeps cramping, and on the vet's
recommendation, I gave them permission to release her. They asked me if I
wanted to b ethere with her, but since she hasn't regained consciousness
I'm not going. I don't want to have hysterics on the bus. Frank and Mere
are worried enough as it is. Oh, my poor baby girl.

I'm so sorry to hear this sad news Marina. Lots of purrs coming your way. I
can't imagine how difficult this must be for you.

Give Frank and Mere lots of scritches and cuddles.

Kathryn

Steve Touchstone May 22nd 05 08:07 AM

On Sun, 22 May 2005 10:01:27 +0300, Marina
wrote:

They just rang. Nikki hasn't gained consciousness and her temp has
stayed over 41 C for several hours now. She keeps cramping, and on the
vet's recommendation, I gave them permission to release her. They asked
me if I wanted to b ethere with her, but since she hasn't regained
consciousness I'm not going. I don't want to have hysterics on the bus.
Frank and Mere are worried enough as it is. Oh, my poor baby girl.

{{{{{{{{{{{Marina}}}}}}}}}}}}

So very sorry to read this sad news. Many comforting purrs winging
their way to you, Frank, and Mere. Lighting a candle for Nikki's
journey to the bridge.
--
Steve Touchstone,
faithful servant of Sammy and Little Bit

[remove Junk for email]
Home Page:

Dan and Nancy Mahoney May 22nd 05 08:24 AM

Marina wrote:
They just rang. Nikki hasn't gained consciousness and her temp has
stayed over 41 C for several hours now. She keeps cramping, and on the
vet's recommendation, I gave them permission to release her. They asked
me if I wanted to b ethere with her, but since she hasn't regained
consciousness I'm not going. I don't want to have hysterics on the bus.
Frank and Mere are worried enough as it is. Oh, my poor baby girl.

Oh, Marina, I'm so sorry.

Dan

billn May 22nd 05 08:28 AM

"Marina" ----------------------
They just rang. Nikki hasn't gained consciousness and her temp has
stayed over 41 C for several hours now. She keeps cramping, and on the
vet's recommendation, I gave them permission to release her. They asked
me if I wanted to b ethere with her, but since she hasn't regained
consciousness I'm not going. I don't want to have hysterics on the bus.
Frank and Mere are worried enough as it is. Oh, my poor baby girl.

Oh Marina, I'm so very, very sorry. I don't know what to say.

Purrs from me and Smoochie & Mooch...

Sorry...
--
bill n

Krista May 22nd 05 08:28 AM

Marina wrote:
They just rang. Nikki hasn't gained consciousness and her temp has
stayed over 41 C for several hours now. She keeps cramping, and on

the
vet's recommendation, I gave them permission to release her. They

asked
me if I wanted to b ethere with her, but since she hasn't regained
consciousness I'm not going. I don't want to have hysterics on the

bus.
Frank and Mere are worried enough as it is. Oh, my poor baby girl.

--

Oh Marina, I am so sorry. I came to lurk a bit and here is this most
awful news - my heart is aching for you. I am lighting a candle for

((((((Marina))))))

------
Krista

Debbie Wilson May 22nd 05 08:34 AM

Marina wrote:

They just rang. Nikki hasn't gained consciousness and her temp has
stayed over 41 C for several hours now. She keeps cramping, and on the
vet's recommendation, I gave them permission to release her. They asked
me if I wanted to b ethere with her, but since she hasn't regained
consciousness I'm not going. I don't want to have hysterics on the bus.
Frank and Mere are worried enough as it is. Oh, my poor baby girl.

Oh Marina!! I am so so sorry to read this news! Poor Nikki! What a
terrible shock for you. Many, many purrs coming to you to ease your
distress and for Frank and Mere as well.

(((((((((Marina))))))))))

Deb.
--
http://www.scientific-art.com

CK May 22nd 05 09:00 AM

My sincere condolences! She had a long and good life and now she can
hunt voles and play with all the other rpca kitties gone to the RB.

--
Christine in Vantaa, Finland
christal63 (at) gmail (dot) com

Richard Miller May 22nd 05 09:37 AM

(((Marina)))

There's nothing I can say, except how sorry we all are. Hugs for you,
skritches for the kits, and purrs for you all.
--
Cathi, Rich and the Whitstable Three

Exocat May 22nd 05 10:28 AM

Oh Marina, we're SO sorry!

Love, purrs & woofs for you bereaved ones.

Too emotional for more, save to say that it seems as though Nikki didn't
suffer greatly
and that's such a blessing.

Nikki could find a kindred feisty spirit at the RB with my Pericles.
Hope so.

Grieving right along with you

Gordon, Bandit, Snowball & Raki

"Marina" wrote

O J May 22nd 05 11:39 AM

Marina wrote:

They just rang. Nikki hasn't gained consciousness and her temp has
stayed over 41 C for several hours now. She keeps cramping, and on the
vet's recommendation, I gave them permission to release her. They asked
me if I wanted to b ethere with her, but since she hasn't regained
consciousness I'm not going. I don't want to have hysterics on the bus.
Frank and Mere are worried enough as it is. Oh, my poor baby girl.

Oh my poor dear Marina! My heart goes out to you. What a shock, and
not even a chance to say goodbye to your old friend. Mine are sending
purrs of condolence to you, Frank, and little Mere. Remember, when
the time came, you had the courage to give your friend the one last
gift. Hold the others tight and remember the good times.

--
Regards and Purrs,
O J

jmcquown May 22nd 05 12:25 PM

Marina wrote:
They just rang. Nikki hasn't gained consciousness and her temp has
stayed over 41 C for several hours now. She keeps cramping, and on the
vet's recommendation, I gave them permission to release her. They
asked me if I wanted to b ethere with her, but since she hasn't
regained consciousness I'm not going. I don't want to have hysterics
on the bus. Frank and Mere are worried enough as it is. Oh, my poor
baby girl.

Oh Marina, I'm so very sorry for your loss.

Jill

Nan May 22nd 05 01:20 PM

wrote:

They just rang. Nikki hasn't gained consciousness and her temp has
stayed over 41 C for several hours now. She keeps cramping, and on the
vet's recommendation, I gave them permission to release her. They asked
me if I wanted to b ethere with her, but since she hasn't regained
consciousness I'm not going. I don't want to have hysterics on the bus.
Frank and Mere are worried enough as it is. Oh, my poor baby girl.

Oh, Marina, I'm so sorry. It's hard to let them go, but she's at
peace now.

Hugs

Nan

Victor Martinez May 22nd 05 01:56 PM

Marina wrote:
consciousness I'm not going. I don't want to have hysterics on the bus.
Frank and Mere are worried enough as it is. Oh, my poor baby girl.

I am so sorry to hear this, Marina. My heart goes out to you.

--
Victor M. Martinez
Send your spam he

Mary May 22nd 05 03:54 PM

"Marina" wrote in message
They just rang. Nikki hasn't gained consciousness and her temp has
stayed over 41 C for several hours now. She keeps cramping, and on the
vet's recommendation, I gave them permission to release her. They asked
me if I wanted to b ethere with her, but since she hasn't regained
consciousness I'm not going. I don't want to have hysterics on the bus.
Frank and Mere are worried enough as it is. Oh, my poor baby girl.

Oh, Marina, my heart is just breaking for you. Nikki was a very special girl
who I have enjoyed reading about over the years.

Kreisleriana May 22nd 05 04:14 PM

On Sun, 22 May 2005 10:01:27 +0300, Marina
yodeled:

They just rang. Nikki hasn't gained consciousness and her temp has
stayed over 41 C for several hours now. She keeps cramping, and on the
vet's recommendation, I gave them permission to release her. They asked
me if I wanted to b ethere with her, but since she hasn't regained
consciousness I'm not going. I don't want to have hysterics on the bus.
Frank and Mere are worried enough as it is. Oh, my poor baby girl.

(((((((((((Oh my dear Marina.)))))))))))))))

Theresa

Irulan May 22nd 05 04:15 PM

damn.
We are lighting a candle right now for Nikki's safe jouney to the RB. She
will be happy there. She had a perfect life with you, Marina, and her
siblings. Hugs for you, Franki and Mere.
Jazz & his mama

--

Irulan
from the stars we come

KellyH May 22nd 05 05:45 PM

"Marina" wrote in message
They just rang. Nikki hasn't gained consciousness and her temp has stayed
over 41 C for several hours now. She keeps cramping, and on the vet's
recommendation, I gave them permission to release her. They asked me if I
wanted to b ethere with her, but since she hasn't regained consciousness
I'm not going. I don't want to have hysterics on the bus. Frank and Mere
are worried enough as it is. Oh, my poor baby girl.

Marina, I am so sorry! This is such a shock. Purrs for Nikki's passing
over the Bridge. She is one special cat.

-Kelly

Jo Firey May 22nd 05 06:19 PM

Marina. Frank. Mere.

I'm so very sorry. I'd hoped she would have at least one more summer on the
island to show Mere around.

Don't beat yourself up thinking you could have done differently. None of
can more than try to do our very best. You did.

Jo

Ann May 22nd 05 07:34 PM

Comforting purrs on the way.
Ann

see pictures of Sam at http://pg.photos.yahoo.com/ph/ann791/my_photos

EvelynVogtGamble(Divamanque) May 22nd 05 07:49 PM

Marina wrote:

They just rang. Nikki hasn't gained consciousness and her temp has
stayed over 41 C for several hours now. She keeps cramping, and on the
vet's recommendation, I gave them permission to release her. They asked
me if I wanted to b ethere with her, but since she hasn't regained
consciousness I'm not going. I don't want to have hysterics on the bus.
Frank and Mere are worried enough as it is. Oh, my poor baby girl.

If it's any comfort, most non-human animals accept death as
part of life - it's only humans who regard it as an
inevitably bad thing. I'm sure we all share your grief for
Nikki, but think of her as released from pain and hunting
happily through the Elysian Fields. (I remember your
stories of how much she and Frank enjoy the summer trips to
your island.)

CATherine May 22nd 05 08:56 PM

wrote:

They just rang. Nikki hasn't gained consciousness and her temp has
stayed over 41 C for several hours now. She keeps cramping, and on the
vet's recommendation, I gave them permission to release her. They asked
me if I wanted to b ethere with her, but since she hasn't regained
consciousness I'm not going. I don't want to have hysterics on the bus.
Frank and Mere are worried enough as it is. Oh, my poor baby girl.

OMG!! I just replied to the earlier post with purrs. I am so sorry. I
am praying for you. This is just devastating for you; I know how much
you love her. I wish I could be there to give you hugs. But I am
crying with you. Blessings,

--
CATherine

dopekitty May 22nd 05 10:07 PM

Marina wrote:
They just rang. Nikki hasn't gained consciousness and her temp has
stayed over 41 C for several hours now. She keeps cramping, and on the
vet's recommendation, I gave them permission to release her. They asked
me if I wanted to b ethere with her, but since she hasn't regained
consciousness I'm not going. I don't want to have hysterics on the bus.
Frank and Mere are worried enough as it is. Oh, my poor baby girl.

((((((((((((Marina, Frank and Mere))))))))))))))))

Kristy
speechless

Tanadashoes May 22nd 05 10:24 PM

Marina,

Hugs

I'm so sorry to read this. Please accept our sympathy and condolences for
you all. Nikki was a dear little girl and we're all going to miss her
sweet but feisty nature.

Pam, Rob, and the Fayetteville Six + kittens and Speedy the d-thing

Annie Wxill May 23rd 05 12:21 AM

"Marina" wrote in message
....on the
vet's recommendation, I gave them permission to release her. ... --
Marina, Frank, Nikki, and Mere

Marina,
I'm so very sorry. I've been gone for the weekend, and just got back and
responded to your earlier message.
It's totally understandable that you would worry about the bus ride, and it
is highly unlikely that Nikki would know if you were there or not.
She is at peace now.
We will re-direct our healing purrs to you and Frank and Mere.
Annie, also shedding tears

Bev May 23rd 05 12:21 AM

Annie Wxill wrote:

"Marina" wrote in message
...on the
vet's recommendation, I gave them permission to release her. ... --
Marina, Frank, Nikki, and Mere

Marina,
I'm so very sorry. I've been gone for the weekend, and just got back and
responded to your earlier message.
It's totally understandable that you would worry about the bus ride, and it
is highly unlikely that Nikki would know if you were there or not.
She is at peace now.
We will re-direct our healing purrs to you and Frank and Mere.
Annie, also shedding tears

I am so sorry Marina, hugs and tears.

Bev
--
Cats aren't clean, they're just covered with cat spit.

Sam Nash May 23rd 05 12:47 AM

"Marina" wrote in message
They just rang. Nikki hasn't gained consciousness and her temp has stayed
over 41 C for several hours now. She keeps cramping, and on the vet's
recommendation, I gave them permission to release her. They asked me if I
wanted to b ethere with her, but since she hasn't regained consciousness
I'm not going. I don't want to have hysterics on the bus. Frank and Mere
are worried enough as it is. Oh, my poor baby girl.

So terribly sorry to hear this, Marina. Candle lit for Nikki's safe passage
to the Bridge and comforting purrs on the way to you.
Sam

Monique Y. Mudama May 23rd 05 03:50 AM

On 2005-05-22, Marina penned:
They just rang. Nikki hasn't gained consciousness and her temp has
stayed over 41 C for several hours now. She keeps cramping, and on
the vet's recommendation, I gave them permission to release her.
They asked me if I wanted to b ethere with her, but since she hasn't
regained consciousness I'm not going. I don't want to have hysterics
on the bus. Frank and Mere are worried enough as it is. Oh, my poor
baby girl.

I just logged on tonight and read your posts. *hug* I'm so sorry.

--
monique, who spoils Oscar unmercifully

Steve Touchstone May 23rd 05 09:55 AM

On Sun, 22 May 2005 08:00:56 GMT, CK
wrote:

My sincere condolences! She had a long and good life and now she can
hunt voles and play with all the other rpca kitties gone to the RB.

I thought of the voles, too and fear there will be a vole population
explosion without the Mighty Huntress to keep them in check.

Still sending comforting purrs

Lesley May 23rd 05 12:46 PM

I've been away all weekend so I've just come back to this- sorry to
hear about Nikki.

Purrs and prayers

Lesley

Slave of the Fabulous Furballs

~jag~ May 24th 05 12:27 PM

wrote:

They just rang. Nikki hasn't gained consciousness and her temp has
stayed over 41 C for several hours now. She keeps cramping, and on the
vet's recommendation, I gave them permission to release her. They asked
me if I wanted to b ethere with her, but since she hasn't regained
consciousness I'm not going. I don't want to have hysterics on the bus.
Frank and Mere are worried enough as it is. Oh, my poor baby girl.

Marina,

I am so very sorry about Nikki, My thoughts and prayers are with you
any your fur kids. If you want to talk or chat Karen and when not
working myself are always willing to talk/im/email to you.

your friends John, Karen and the girls

hobbs May 25th 05 11:51 AM

Marina I'm so terribly sorry, that is dreadful did you find out what
caused it? {{{{{{{{{{{{{{Marina Frank and Mere}}}}}}}}}}}}}}
you'll all miss her so much, Heart healing purrs for you all Jean.