CatBanter

-   -   Young Adult Books - Warrior Cats (http://www.catbanter.com/showthread.php?t=85770)

GaDragonfly January 18th 08 02:10 AM

Young Adult Books - Warrior Cats

I know that many of you have children and quite a few of you are
teachers. A lot of us enjoy reading in general and SciFi/Fantasy in
particular. That said, I'm wondering if anyone here is familiar with a
series of books called "Warrior"? For some reason, three times
recently in unrelated situations, I've been made aware of this series
so today when I was at the bookstore I went in search of the books. I
enjoy a good, easy read and I probably enjoyed the first Harry Potter
book more than I did any of the others so I decided to buy the first
book in this series. It turned out that the books were 3 for the
price of two so I bought the first three. They appear to have been
written for the 11-12 y/o age group. I had to LOL when I finally had
a chance to read the back cover. DH is always saying he shares his
name with cocker spaniels (Rusty). The first book introduces a cat
named Rusty. I haven't told DH about this yet. So anyway, this is a
series about four clans of feral cats living in the forest and their
battles to survive and protect their territory. I'm just curious if
anyone else has read this series. Also, when I am finished with the
books I thought I'd send them out to anyone else interested in reading
them or to anyone with kids that might enjoy them. They are
paperback so they'll be easy to mail. There is a website www.warriorcats.com
and a Google search produced enough hits to make me think there is
quite a following. I'll let you know what this 52 y/o "kid" thinks
about them.

Julie

tanadashoes January 18th 08 04:56 AM

On Jan 17, 9:10*pm, GaDragonfly wrote:
[...]

I read the first book in the series, and was reasonably impressed.

Pam S.

GaDragonfly January 18th 08 05:28 AM

On Jan 17, 11:56 pm, tanadashoes wrote:
[...]

roflol! I'm not sure reasonably impressed is a positive
recommendation, Pam.
{hugs and headbutts}
Julie and the fourpaws

Adrian[_2_] January 19th 08 01:33 PM

GaDragonfly wrote:
[...]

I meantioned this post to my crazy cat lady neighbour and she offered to
lend me the first six books, so now I've got pleanty to read over the next
few weeks.
--
Adrian (Owned by Snoopy & Bagheera)
Cats leave pawprints on your heart

Enfilade January 20th 08 01:24 AM

Young Adult Books - Warrior Cats

I have the first book, though I haven't read it yet (I got most of the
New Jedi Order from a secondhand store, and it's huge....21 books/
novellas....)

--Fil