CatBanter

-   -   What is wrong with the boys? (http://www.catbanter.com/showthread.php?t=89792)

Victor Martinez July 14th 08 11:32 PM

What is wrong with the boys?

Basho and Issa, that is. I stopped at the market on the way home from
work and noticed they had an "all natural, no nitrites or preservatives"
ham on sale. I thought I'd get a treat for the kids, so I got a few
slices of said natural ham. Rufous almost knocked me over as I was
dividing the ham on the counter among several bowls and Maya would not
stop yowling about the yummyness to come. I put the bowls down and
retreated a few feet for my own safety. :)
Basho and Issa smelled the ham and proceeded to leave the kitchen. What
is wrong with them? Has anybody ever met a cat that did not like ham?
I think Xoxo didn't eat any either.

--
Victor M. Martinez
Send your spam he

Bobblespin July 14th 08 11:38 PM

What is wrong with the boys?

Victor Martinez wrote in news:6e22gnF50436U1
@mid.individual.net:

Basho and Issa, that is. I stopped at the market on the way home from
work and noticed they had an "all natural, no nitrites or preservatives"
ham on sale. I thought I'd get a treat for the kids, so I got a few
slices of said natural ham. Rufous almost knocked me over as I was
dividing the ham on the counter among several bowls and Maya would not
stop yowling about the yummyness to come. I put the bowls down and
retreated a few feet for my own safety. :)
Basho and Issa smelled the ham and proceeded to leave the kitchen. What
is wrong with them? Has anybody ever met a cat that did not like ham?
I think Xoxo didn't eat any either.

Sonny won't eat ham either. He turns his nose up at any kind of meat or
fish. He wants cat food only, or milk.

Bobble

Jofirey July 14th 08 11:50 PM

What is wrong with the boys?

"Victor Martinez" wrote in message
Basho and Issa, that is. I stopped at the market on the way home
from work and noticed they had an "all natural, no nitrites or
preservatives" ham on sale. I thought I'd get a treat for the kids,
so I got a few slices of said natural ham. Rufous almost knocked me
over as I was dividing the ham on the counter among several bowls
and Maya would not stop yowling about the yummyness to come. I put
the bowls down and retreated a few feet for my own safety. :)
Basho and Issa smelled the ham and proceeded to leave the kitchen.
What is wrong with them? Has anybody ever met a cat that did not
like ham?
I think Xoxo didn't eat any either.

Jake and Molly won't touch it.

Jo

[email protected] July 15th 08 12:16 AM

What is wrong with the boys?

Victor Martinez wrote:

Basho and Issa, that is. I stopped at the market on the way home from
work and noticed they had an "all natural, no nitrites or preservatives"
ham on sale. I thought I'd get a treat for the kids, so I got a few
slices of said natural ham. Rufous almost knocked me over as I was
dividing the ham on the counter among several bowls and Maya would not
stop yowling about the yummyness to come. I put the bowls down and
retreated a few feet for my own safety. :)
Basho and Issa smelled the ham and proceeded to leave the kitchen. What
is wrong with them? Has anybody ever met a cat that did not like ham?
I think Xoxo didn't eat any either.

Maybe they want their preservatives? :)

I've never tried to give my cats ham, but I eat hot dogs sometimes,
and Roxy drives me insane trying to get some. But Licky has never been
interested, and even Smudge is so-so about it. I expect their reactions
would break down the same way to ham, too.

--
Joyce ^..^

Yowie July 15th 08 01:19 AM

What is wrong with the boys?

Victor Martinez wrote:
Basho and Issa, that is. I stopped at the market on the way home from
work and noticed they had an "all natural, no nitrites or
preservatives" ham on sale. I thought I'd get a treat for the kids,
so I got a few slices of said natural ham. Rufous almost knocked me
over as I was dividing the ham on the counter among several bowls and
Maya would not stop yowling about the yummyness to come. I put the
bowls down and retreated a few feet for my own safety. :)
Basho and Issa smelled the ham and proceeded to leave the kitchen.
What is wrong with them? Has anybody ever met a cat that did not like
ham? I think Xoxo didn't eat any either.

The others don't know that it isn't bad for them. LOL

Yowie

Daniel Mahoney July 15th 08 01:38 AM

What is wrong with the boys?

Basho and Issa smelled the ham and proceeded to leave the kitchen. What
is wrong with them? Has anybody ever met a cat that did not like ham?
I think Xoxo didn't eat any either.

Oh, Victor, don't let them fool you! Have you forgotten, the Kitty Code
doesn't allow them to actually *admit* to enjoying something special
that you gave them. But if you put some finely diced ham in a dish on
floor when you go to bed, in the morning that dish would have been
scoured clean.

Kathy[_2_] July 15th 08 03:57 AM

What is wrong with the boys?

"Victor Martinez" wrote in message
Basho and Issa, that is. I stopped at the market on the way home from work
and noticed they had an "all natural, no nitrites or preservatives" ham on
sale. I thought I'd get a treat for the kids, so I got a few slices of
said natural ham. Rufous almost knocked me over as I was dividing the ham
on the counter among several bowls and Maya would not stop yowling about
the yummyness to come. I put the bowls down and retreated a few feet for
my own safety. :)
Basho and Issa smelled the ham and proceeded to leave the kitchen. What is
wrong with them? Has anybody ever met a cat that did not like ham?
I think Xoxo didn't eat any either.

Woodgie loved Spam (the Hormel kind) when she was a kitten- loved brisket,
too. But now that she's grown up, she'll only eat cat food - and only kibble
for the most part. Her canned food experience is to lick juice off of it and
let it sit until it dries up. Then it seems to be acceptable and she'll
polish it off....
^..^

Kathy and Woodgie

Granby July 15th 08 10:32 AM

What is wrong with the boys?

"all natural, no nitrites or
preservatives"

You just answered your own question, Take out all the "good stuff" and what
is left. The cats knew all the good stuff had been removed!!!

Victor Martinez July 15th 08 12:56 PM

What is wrong with the boys?

Granby wrote:
"all natural, no nitrites or
preservatives"

You just answered your own question, Take out all the "good stuff" and what
is left. The cats knew all the good stuff had been removed!!!

Doh! You're right. I forgot they hate super-premium, 95% pure meat, no
grains foods.

--
Victor M. Martinez
Send your spam he

EvelynVogtGamble(Divamanque) July 15th 08 10:57 PM

What is wrong with the boys?

Victor Martinez wrote:
Basho and Issa, that is. I stopped at the market on the way home from
work and noticed they had an "all natural, no nitrites or preservatives"
ham on sale. I thought I'd get a treat for the kids, so I got a few
slices of said natural ham. Rufous almost knocked me over as I was
dividing the ham on the counter among several bowls and Maya would not
stop yowling about the yummyness to come. I put the bowls down and
retreated a few feet for my own safety. :)
Basho and Issa smelled the ham and proceeded to leave the kitchen. What
is wrong with them? Has anybody ever met a cat that did not like ham?

Actually mine have never shown much interest in it - or in ANY "people
food", for that matter. I DID have one, once, who like fruit flavored
yogurt, and another who drank half a glass of brandy fortified eggnog
when it was left unguarded one Christmas. The ex-feral kitten I adopted
from summer camp when I was a teenager liked popcorn, potato chips and
ice-cream (along with ANYTHING that landed in his dish), but most of my
feline companions have preferred cat-food.