CatBanter

-   -   Chloe and the vet (http://www.catbanter.com/showthread.php?t=109611)

Jack Campin July 3rd 13 01:05 AM

Chloe and the vet

Chloe's been on the antithyroid medication for a couple of months now,
and while she seems more alert and lively, her problems with diarrhoea
and peeing randomly all over the place haven't gone away. So, return
visit to the vet today. More blood samples. The vet thinks maybe her
thyroid is still too active. I should get the results tomorrow.

She's more relaxed about going to the vet than any other cat I've had.
Just sits calmly in the box and purrs, even though the trip was on a
noisy crowded bus with occasional barking dogs.

Sweet and dignified old lady. I expect she'll jump up on the bed
tomorrow morning as soon as she hears me waking up, and as usual
she'll sit quietly beside me and purr until I'm awake enough to reach
for the Dreamies.

Cheryl[_3_] July 6th 13 08:25 PM

Chloe and the vet

On 7/2/2013 8:05 PM, Jack Campin wrote:

Chloe's been on the antithyroid medication for a couple of months now,
and while she seems more alert and lively, her problems with diarrhoea
and peeing randomly all over the place haven't gone away. So, return
visit to the vet today. More blood samples. The vet thinks maybe her
thyroid is still too active. I should get the results tomorrow.

She's more relaxed about going to the vet than any other cat I've had.
Just sits calmly in the box and purrs, even though the trip was on a
noisy crowded bus with occasional barking dogs.

Sweet and dignified old lady. I expect she'll jump up on the bed
tomorrow morning as soon as she hears me waking up, and as usual
she'll sit quietly beside me and purr until I'm awake enough to reach
for the Dreamies.

Purrs for Chloe and her thyroid. I hope it can be controlled soon. How
does she seem now? What were the results?

--
CAPSLOCK–Preventing Login Since 1980.

Jack Campin July 6th 13 10:01 PM

Chloe and the vet

Chloe's been on the antithyroid medication for a couple of months now,
and while she seems more alert and lively, her problems with diarrhoea
and peeing randomly all over the place haven't gone away. So, return
visit to the vet today. More blood samples. The vet thinks maybe her
thyroid is still too active. I should get the results tomorrow.

Purrs for Chloe and her thyroid. I hope it can be controlled soon. How
does she seem now? What were the results?

Vet says the thyroid seems to be well under control, so we don't know
what's going on. They'll test some stool samples next week.

Some of the symptoms fit gluten intolerance, but that's a wild guess.

Cheryl[_3_] July 8th 13 10:56 PM

Chloe and the vet

On 7/6/2013 5:01 PM, Jack Campin wrote:

Vet says the thyroid seems to be well under control, so we don't know
what's going on. They'll test some stool samples next week.

Some of the symptoms fit gluten intolerance, but that's a wild guess.

OH, I hope the vet finds out what's going on. Poor baby. Thanks for
the update!

--
CAPSLOCK–Preventing Login Since 1980.

Jack Campin July 22nd 13 11:41 AM

Chloe and the vet

Vet says the thyroid seems to be well under control, so we don't know
what's going on. They'll test some stool samples next week.
Some of the symptoms fit gluten intolerance, but that's a wild guess.

OH, I hope the vet finds out what's going on. Poor baby. Thanks for
the update!

Stool samples came up blank - no infection.

But the problem has completely stopped. All we did was take her off
gluten-containing cat treats, like Dreamies - her tinned food was
already gluten-free. So gluten was the problem all along, and it
didn't take much to really mess her up.

A shopping trip to the Chinese supermarket is in order, to get her
some dried anchovies as replacement treats.

Cheryl[_3_] July 23rd 13 01:28 AM

Chloe and the vet

On 7/22/2013 6:41 AM, Jack Campin wrote:

Stool samples came up blank - no infection.

But the problem has completely stopped. All we did was take her off
gluten-containing cat treats, like Dreamies - her tinned food was
already gluten-free. So gluten was the problem all along, and it
didn't take much to really mess her up.

A shopping trip to the Chinese supermarket is in order, to get her
some dried anchovies as replacement treats.

It does sound like a gluten intolerance. I sure hope that turns out to
be the problem and the treat problem sounds taken care of. :)

--
CAPSLOCK–Preventing Login Since 1980.