CatBanter

-   -   Boyfriend likes his food (http://www.catbanter.com/showthread.php?t=90230)

Christina Websell August 7th 08 12:29 AM

Boyfriend likes his food

He was fed at 8 a.m and 5.30 p.m. He came in from the out at 7 p.m. to see
if his bowl had miraculously filled itself in his absence. It hadn't so he
went out again. He came in again at 9. It was still empty. He clawed the
carpet. He does this to say "I don't think you noticed what I said before."
I told him off a bit for clawing the carpet. He knows very well he should
not do it but he thinks it will make me feed him if he scratches the carpet,
so it's a lesson for him to learn that it won't.
He is a very greedy cat and would eat all day if I let him.
He's sulking now. He claims to be hungry. He is not.
Two good meals a day is sufficient plus what he can catch and eat, he
doesn't fool me ;-)

Tweed

Marina August 7th 08 03:54 AM

Boyfriend likes his food

Christina Websell wrote:
He was fed at 8 a.m and 5.30 p.m. He came in from the out at 7 p.m. to see
if his bowl had miraculously filled itself in his absence. It hadn't so he
went out again. He came in again at 9. It was still empty. He clawed the
carpet. He does this to say "I don't think you noticed what I said before."
I told him off a bit for clawing the carpet. He knows very well he should
not do it but he thinks it will make me feed him if he scratches the carpet,
so it's a lesson for him to learn that it won't.
He is a very greedy cat and would eat all day if I let him.
He's sulking now. He claims to be hungry. He is not.
Two good meals a day is sufficient plus what he can catch and eat, he
doesn't fool me ;-)

LOL. This sounds familiar. :)

Sherry August 7th 08 05:35 AM

Boyfriend likes his food

On Aug 6, 6:29�pm, "Christina Websell"
wrote:
He was fed at 8 a.m and 5.30 p.m. �He came in from the out at 7 p..m. to see
if his bowl had miraculously filled itself in his absence. �It hadn't so he
went out again. �He came in again at 9. �It was still empty. �He clawed the
carpet. �He does this to say "I don't think you noticed what I said before."
I told him off a bit for clawing the carpet. �He knows very well he should
not do it but he thinks it will make me feed him if he scratches the carpet,
so it's a lesson for him to learn that it won't.
He is a very greedy cat and would eat all day if I let him.
He's sulking now. �He claims to be hungry. �He is not.
Two good meals a day is sufficient plus what he can catch and eat, he
doesn't fool me ;-)

Tweed

I know it was bad behavior, but I still had to chuckle at him clawing
the carpet. He knows very
well how to communicate he wasn't pleased!

Sherry

[email protected] August 7th 08 08:04 AM

Boyfriend likes his food

Marina wrote:

Christina Websell wrote:

He was fed at 8 a.m and 5.30 p.m. He came in from the out at 7 p.m. to see
if his bowl had miraculously filled itself in his absence. It hadn't so he
went out again. He came in again at 9. It was still empty. He clawed the
carpet. He does this to say "I don't think you noticed what I said before."

[snip]

LOL. This sounds familiar. :)

I was thinking you might have that reaction. :)

--
Joyce ^..^

Adrian[_2_] August 7th 08 04:14 PM

Boyfriend likes his food

Christina Websell wrote:
He was fed at 8 a.m and 5.30 p.m. He came in from the out at 7 p.m.
to see if his bowl had miraculously filled itself in his absence. It
hadn't so he went out again. He came in again at 9. It was still
empty. He clawed the carpet. He does this to say "I don't think you
noticed what I said before." I told him off a bit for clawing the
carpet. He knows very well he should not do it but he thinks it will
make me feed him if he scratches the carpet, so it's a lesson for him
to learn that it won't. He is a very greedy cat and would eat all day if I
let him.
He's sulking now. He claims to be hungry. He is not.
Two good meals a day is sufficient plus what he can catch and eat, he
doesn't fool me ;-)

Tweed

Baggy is on a diet but it's not helping, when I won't give him any more he
goes across the road and steals Jessie's food and I suspect others too.
Cats leave pawprints on your heart

CatNipped[_2_] August 7th 08 06:23 PM

Boyfriend likes his food

"Christina Websell" wrote in message
He was fed at 8 a.m and 5.30 p.m. He came in from the out at 7 p.m. to
see if his bowl had miraculously filled itself in his absence. It hadn't
so he went out again. He came in again at 9. It was still empty. He
clawed the carpet. He does this to say "I don't think you noticed what I
said before."
I told him off a bit for clawing the carpet. He knows very well he should
not do it but he thinks it will make me feed him if he scratches the
carpet, so it's a lesson for him to learn that it won't.
He is a very greedy cat and would eat all day if I let him.
He's sulking now. He claims to be hungry. He is not.
Two good meals a day is sufficient plus what he can catch and eat, he
doesn't fool me ;-)

Tweed

LOL! Yeah, they will pull the "poor starving cat" routine, each time hoping
that this time it will work! ;

Nose Kisses,

CatNipped

Christina Websell August 7th 08 10:42 PM

Boyfriend likes his food

wrote:
[...]

-----------
It's more of an emphasis, like "I asked you twice, nicely, now perhaps
you'll listen." I accidently reinforced this behaviour the first few times
he did it by jumping up and giving in to his requests, he will do it when he
wants to go out and I want to keep him in too. He always asks politely,
twice. Then he thinks I am stupid and more desperate measures are called
for to make me understand ;-)
Boyfie is never *not pleased* - he's a sunny sort of chap, always in a good
mood, always gentle. He has a beautiful soul. He totally changed my mind
about what cats could be like.
I only ever had two before - one childhood cat, entire tom, only allowed
top of the head pettings or a good slash. Then KFC, who could be described
as "grumpy" and is not adverse to a quick slash or bite herself if I offend
her sensibilities.
Whereas Boyfriend would never scratch or bite me, not even in his wildest
dreams. He could have done so on several occasions when I had to do things
to him he didn't like, but he never has.
This cat is a saint, I tellya!

Tweed

Christina Websell August 7th 08 10:55 PM

Boyfriend likes his food

"Marina" wrote in message
Christina Websell wrote:
He was fed at 8 a.m and 5.30 p.m. He came in from the out at 7 p.m. to
see if his bowl had miraculously filled itself in his absence. It hadn't
so he went out again. He came in again at 9. It was still empty. He
clawed the carpet. He does this to say "I don't think you noticed what I
said before."
I told him off a bit for clawing the carpet. He knows very well he
should not do it but he thinks it will make me feed him if he scratches
the carpet, so it's a lesson for him to learn that it won't.
He is a very greedy cat and would eat all day if I let him.
He's sulking now. He claims to be hungry. He is not.
Two good meals a day is sufficient plus what he can catch and eat, he
doesn't fool me ;-)

LOL. This sounds familiar. :)

I thought it might ;-) He is what I consider to be a perfect weight for his
size so I have to harden my heart to his pleas of starvation. He would get
very fat if he ate every time he wants to and that ain't gonna happen.

Tweed

Kyla =^..^=` August 8th 08 12:31 AM

Boyfriend likes his food

"Christina Websell"
He was fed at 8 a.m and 5.30 p.m. He came in from the out at 7 p.m. to
see if his bowl had miraculously filled itself in his absence. It hadn't
so he went out again. He came in again at 9. It was still empty. He
clawed the carpet. He does this to say "I don't think you noticed what I
said before."
I told him off a bit for clawing the carpet. He knows very well he should
not do it but he thinks it will make me feed him if he scratches the
carpet, so it's a lesson for him to learn that it won't.
He is a very greedy cat and would eat all day if I let him.
He's sulking now. He claims to be hungry. He is not.
Two good meals a day is sufficient plus what he can catch and eat, he
doesn't fool me ;-)

Tweed

LOL, silly kitty ;)
Kyla

Marina August 8th 08 05:18 AM

Boyfriend likes his food

Christina Websell wrote:

I thought it might ;-) He is what I consider to be a perfect weight for his
size so I have to harden my heart to his pleas of starvation. He would get
very fat if he ate every time he wants to and that ain't gonna happen.

I have to harden my heart against Caliban, too, and he has those huge
innocent eyes that almost kill me. ;) He's a good weight now, after his
successful diet, so I'm very careful of giving him just the right amount
of food. He doesn't seem to have gained any on the island, though he
stole food from other cats, but then, he got more exercise there. He did
catch a vole or two, but he doesn't know what to do with them once
they're dead.