CatBanter

-   -   I am happy for Sheba (http://www.catbanter.com/showthread.php?t=102)

Victor M. Martinez August 15th 03 03:32 PM

I am happy for Sheba

Great news! Maybe there's more progress ahead... :)

--
Victor M. Martinez

http://www.che.utexas.edu/~martiv

lrulan August 15th 03 06:49 PM

Hooray for Sheba feeling better. We are very glad.
Jazz & his mama

--

Irulan
from now until the end of time

"CATherine" wrote in message
I woke up this morning to a strange sound. But it was a bit familiar
at the same time. I thought, "Wot the heck?" I rose up out of bed and
peered over the foot.....and saw Sheba vigorously scratching her
cardboard scratcher for the first time in six months!

Her neuropathy is healed! She no longer walks like Robocop! Hurray!! I
had been told neuropathy is nerve damage and didn't heal. But maybe
she didn't have it long enough to be permanent. Her diabetes is under
control and her weight is now hovering around eleven pounds and she
looks good.

The only problem is she still pulls clumps of hair off her sides. That
is from stress, maybe. And maybe partly to get rid of some of the
excessive unshed hair she couldn't groom for so long. I will brush her
ever so often and get clumps off. But maybe the pulling sensation
relieves itchy skin. Maybe she needs a bath. Yeah, right! :-))

CATherine

Yoj August 15th 03 07:10 PM

I am so glad for her too! Sometimes cats surprise the doctors. Herbie
(RB) was once hit by a car and his leg was injured. Several weeks after
the accident, he was still limping. The doctor said the nerves had been
damaged, and he would always have a limp, but that he wasn't in pain.
Once I knew he wasn't in pain, I stopped worrying about it. I guess I
also stopped babying him. Anyway, within two weeks, the limp was gone,
and it never came back.

--
Joy

EvelynVogtGamble(Divamanque) August 15th 03 08:38 PM

CATherine wrote:

I woke up this morning to a strange sound. But it was a bit familiar
at the same time. I thought, "Wot the heck?" I rose up out of bed and
peered over the foot.....and saw Sheba vigorously scratching her
cardboard scratcher for the first time in six months!

Her neuropathy is healed! She no longer walks like Robocop! Hurray!! I
had been told neuropathy is nerve damage and didn't heal. But maybe
she didn't have it long enough to be permanent. Her diabetes is under
control and her weight is now hovering around eleven pounds and she
looks good.

I had no idea cats suffered from diabetic neuropathy, as humans do!
Interesting what one learns by accident on newsgroups.

Brenda Watkins August 15th 03 09:21 PM

"CATherine" wrote in message
[...]

yayyy!
Re the hair pulling thing - Pea tugs the fur from the base of his tail every
summer, which I'm certain is due to allergy. So maybe Sheba does have an
itch.
Brenda

Jo Firey August 15th 03 10:01 PM

How wonderful. Some types of nerve damage do not heal. Others, usually due to an
injury can heal and it usually takes about six months. (been there had that)

Fur pulling is likely what you said. We did have a cat who every spring pulled fur
out of his (damaged) back right hip. It was as thought the combination of injury and
allergy got into it in the spring. Every spring he got a cortisone shot that cleared
it right up.

--
Jo Firey

"Life is not measured by the number of breaths we take, but by the moments that take
our breath away."

beatles9091 August 15th 03 11:16 PM

"CATherine" wrote in message
[...]

Sounds like a bath is in order! You lucky person!!!

Seriously, CATherine, glad to hear Sheba is on the mend and doing well.
Many purrs and prayers that it continues...

Roger

Tanada August 16th 03 01:11 AM

CATherine wrote:

Her neuropathy is healed! She no longer walks like Robocop! Hurray!! I
had been told neuropathy is nerve damage and didn't heal. But maybe
she didn't have it long enough to be permanent. Her diabetes is under
control and her weight is now hovering around eleven pounds and she
looks good.

WooHoo!! Congrats Catherine and Sheba. That is such good news. Purrs
and healing thoughts that it keeps up.

Pam, Rob, and the NC nine