CatBanter

-   -   This made me cry (http://www.catbanter.com/showthread.php?t=83636)

Jane October 25th 07 12:55 PM

This made me cry

Has anyone seen this before? It's so beautiful.

http://www.snopes.com/glurge/abbey.asp

Jane
- owned and operated by the Princess Rita

Magic Mood Jeep October 25th 07 05:46 PM

This made me cry

"Matthew" wrote in message
I saw this last year when it happened. I have a friend at the postal
service in New York. They get letters to Santa, to god etc all the time.
Many times the Postal workers open the letters and answer them.

My friend has many of times when the toys are collected by the post office
for children who need them will make sure that a letter to Santa goes
answered from a child in need.

Sometimes Humanity surprises me and gives me reason to hope

"Jane" wrote in message
ups.com...
Has anyone seen this before? It's so beautiful.

http://www.snopes.com/glurge/abbey.asp

Jane
- owned and operated by the Princess Rita

I live not too far from Sate Claus, Indiana, and every holiday season, their
post office is inundated with A) letters to Santa and B) letters sent
specifically to that post office, so that the postage gets cancelled with
the "Santa Claus" before the receiver gets it.

And yes, there is a theme park. When I was a kid, it was Santa Claus Land,
now it's Holiday Word. It boast of the #1 and #7 *wooden* roller coasters
on the planet. http://www.holidayworld.com/index.html Yes, they still have
the Christmas themed area (which I always thought was odd - but there are
those that love it). Last time I was there was 6-7 years ago, and we spent
the day at the "Splashin' Safari", floating around the "river" and getting
nicely roasted!

--
http://www.firstgiving.com/nalee1131964
About my charity:

Christina Websell October 25th 07 06:11 PM

This made me cry

"Jane" wrote in message
ups.com...
Has anyone seen this before? It's so beautiful.

http://www.snopes.com/glurge/abbey.asp

For some reason my face is wet and my monitor misty.
There are some wonderful people in the world. May heaps of good fortune
rain down on the kind person that did that for a grieving child.

Sometimes we take too much notice of the bad things some people do that make
the TV news and newspapers. It makes us wary, too wary probably in case it
happens to us. It is very unlikely.
My back door has been open a few inches for 20 years to let the RB dogs out
to toilet when I was at work and now for Boyfie. I bought a cat flap a few
weeks ago but I am still undecided whether to get it installed as my door is
such beautiful solid oak that I saved up for.
Yes, I would like to lock the back door. No, I could hardly bear to have
the door cut. Can't make the decision.
Favouring leaving the door open atm.

My point is, no-one has entered my house in 20 years of leaving my back door
OPEN.
Thanks for sharing that, Jane. I needed a good cry.

Tweed