CatBanter

-   -   How do your cats let you know Spring is here? (http://www.catbanter.com/showthread.php?t=2293)

Tanada March 4th 04 10:55 PM

How do your cats let you know Spring is here?

We can tell when spring is on the way when Tanada starts to feel her
cheeriotes. She's been arguing about custody of my desk chair, the
monitor, food, our bed, and anything else her little kitty heart
desires. Judging by both Lacey and Tanada, I'd say that spring has sprung.

Pam S.

Denise VanDyke March 4th 04 11:14 PM

Tanada wrote:
We can tell when spring is on the way when Tanada starts to feel her
cheeriotes. She's been arguing about custody of my desk chair, the
monitor, food, our bed, and anything else her little kitty heart
desires. Judging by both Lacey and Tanada, I'd say that spring has sprung.

Pam S.

Brenna really doesn't change her behavior. But she's young enough to
not care what the season is.

My mom's cat, however, starts wanting owowowout right nowowowow! Of
course, it's been several years since she became an indoor-only cat. She
doesn't get far before she either panics and races back inside, or
panics and freezes while hollering for Mom to come save her from the
big, bad Out.

- Denise

Alan Erskine March 5th 04 04:13 AM

"Denise VanDyke" wrote in message

Brenna really doesn't change her behavior. But she's young enough to
not care what the season is.

My mom's cat, however, starts wanting owowowout right nowowowow! Of
course, it's been several years since she became an indoor-only cat. She
doesn't get far before she either panics and races back inside, or
panics and freezes while hollering for Mom to come save her from the
big, bad Out.

- Denise

An agoraphobic cat? Who doesn't know it?

--
Alan Erskine
We can get people to the Moon in five years,

Marina March 5th 04 05:03 AM

"Tanada" wrote
We can tell when spring is on the way when Tanada starts to feel her
cheeriotes. She's been arguing about custody of my desk chair, the
monitor, food, our bed, and anything else her little kitty heart
desires. Judging by both Lacey and Tanada, I'd say that spring has

sprung.

Frank, who is glued to the bed most of the winter, gets more active when the
days get longer. He is more affectionate, demands more attention, wants to
play more. He scolds me for not bringing the Sun to His Balcony sooner.

--
Marina, Frank and Nikki

Hopitus2 March 5th 04 05:34 AM

Well, actually, the Evil 3, who usually eat like pigs, start eating like
horses........

"Marina" wrote in message
:
: "Tanada" wrote
: We can tell when spring is on the way when Tanada starts to feel her
: cheeriotes. She's been arguing about custody of my desk chair, the
: monitor, food, our bed, and anything else her little kitty heart
: desires. Judging by both Lacey and Tanada, I'd say that spring has
: sprung.
:
: Frank, who is glued to the bed most of the winter, gets more active when
the
: days get longer. He is more affectionate, demands more attention, wants to
: play more. He scolds me for not bringing the Sun to His Balcony sooner.
:
: --
: Marina, Frank and Nikki
: Email marina (dot) kurten (at) pp (dot) inet (dot) fi
: Pics at http://uk.f1.pg.photos.yahoo.com/frankiennikki
:

Ted Davis March 5th 04 01:34 PM

On Thu, 04 Mar 2004 22:55:56 GMT, Tanada wrote:

We can tell when spring is on the way when Tanada starts to feel her
cheeriotes. She's been arguing about custody of my desk chair, the
monitor, food, our bed, and anything else her little kitty heart
desires. Judging by both Lacey and Tanada, I'd say that spring has sprung.

About half my cats are hunters, and hunting becomes almost totally
pointless by late winter - the only prey species are hard to catch and
scarce warm blooded ones: mice, voles, birds. If it weren't for my
offerings of huge amounts of dry cat food, they would starve.

One night hunting is just like every other night for months: pretty
much nothing. The next night there are tens of thousands of small
frogs - plentiful and easily caught prey has returned. The frogs are
preoccupied with mating so catching them is mostly a matter of sitting
by the edge of a pond and waiting for them to stream by.

Spring has sprung when half the cats quit accepting the food offerings
I make to them and cat food comsumption plummets.

T.E.D. )

Denise VanDyke March 5th 04 04:12 PM

Alan Erskine wrote:
"Denise VanDyke" wrote in message
Brenna really doesn't change her behavior. But she's young enough to
not care what the season is.

My mom's cat, however, starts wanting owowowout right nowowowow! Of
course, it's been several years since she became an indoor-only cat. She
doesn't get far before she either panics and races back inside, or
panics and freezes while hollering for Mom to come save her from the
big, bad Out.

- Denise

An agoraphobic cat? Who doesn't know it?

--
Alan Erskine

Pretty much, yeah. It's like she forgot just how big "out" is.

- Denise