CatBanter

-   -   Royal Canin? (http://www.catbanter.com/showthread.php?t=12885)

Come What May 70 August 28th 03 09:03 PM

Royal Canin?

Is Royal Canin widely accepted as a high quality, premium cat food? If it
matters, I am referring specifically to the Sensible Choice Chicken Meal & Rice
Formula (adult).

Thanks in advance!

Jon C August 28th 03 11:44 PM

"Come What May 70" wrote in message
Is Royal Canin widely accepted as a high quality, premium cat food? If it
matters, I am referring specifically to the Sensible Choice Chicken Meal &

Rice
Formula (adult).

Thanks in advance!

It's definitely expensive enough to..

Jon

Joe Pitt August 31st 03 02:30 PM

It still bothers me that some form of meat isn't the first ingredient. Cats
are carnivores. a breeder told me about Chicken Soup for The Pet Lover's
Soul. I just bought a bag last night and am going to start switching my
crew. The site is: http://www.chickensoupforthepetloverssoul.com/
--
Joe
http://www.jwpitt.com/cats.htm

"Jenny Rizzo" wrote in message
My vet recommends it highly (even over Science Diet, Neutro, etc).

"Come What May 70" wrote in message
Is Royal Canin widely accepted as a high quality, premium cat food? If

it
matters, I am referring specifically to the Sensible Choice Chicken Meal

&
Rice
Formula (adult).

Thanks in advance!

Joe Canuck August 31st 03 08:40 PM

Joe Pitt wrote:
It still bothers me that some form of meat isn't the first ingredient. Cats
are carnivores. a breeder told me about Chicken Soup for The Pet Lover's
Soul. I just bought a bag last night and am going to start switching my
crew. The site is: http://www.chickensoupforthepetloverssoul.com/

Careful, don't let the "meat first on ingredients list" fool you.

Meat can be first on the ingredient list, but by overall weight *still*
end up the 2nd or even 3rd or further down ingredient by weight.

If it says "Chicken" only, then that includes the moisture in the
chicken which accounts for a good part of the volume.

--
"Its the bugs that keep it running."
-Joe Canuck

[email protected] September 1st 03 03:31 PM

Joe Canuck "Joe wrote:

If it says "Chicken" only, then that includes the moisture in the
chicken which accounts for a good part of the volume.

Yeah, but what I like about Chicken Soup (and Innova) is meat of sorts is
the first *three* ingredients on the list.

Alice

--
The root cause of problems is simple overpopulation. People just aren't
worth very much any more, and they know it. Makes 'em testy. ...Bev
'---''(_/--' `-'\_) Cat by Felix Lee.