CatBanter

-   -   Nighttime stars (http://www.catbanter.com/showthread.php?t=90176)

Takayuki August 4th 08 07:55 AM

Nighttime stars

I noticed that when I open up the windows on a cool summer night like
tonight, the house seems to get a lot livelier all of a sudden.

Buster wants to be the star of the show, and from outside you can see
him going from window to window, pulling aside blinds and curtains
when necessary. His constantly moving and busy silhouette against the
bright indoor lights makes him a most visible and striking spectacle.
Looking at my house at night is like watching some kind of play, and
you'd swear there are several characters, and not just one actor
playing them all.

In the meantime, Dot is doing her own graceful performance of "Dances
with Moths", hopping on her hind legs as the crickets chirp and
applaud.

Jofirey August 4th 08 08:04 AM

Nighttime stars

"Takayuki" wrote in message
I noticed that when I open up the windows on a cool summer night like
tonight, the house seems to get a lot livelier all of a sudden.

Buster wants to be the star of the show, and from outside you can
see
him going from window to window, pulling aside blinds and curtains
when necessary. His constantly moving and busy silhouette against
the
bright indoor lights makes him a most visible and striking
spectacle.
Looking at my house at night is like watching some kind of play, and
you'd swear there are several characters, and not just one actor
playing them all.

In the meantime, Dot is doing her own graceful performance of
"Dances
with Moths", hopping on her hind legs as the crickets chirp and
applaud.

Sounds lovely.

Which when I think of it is a silly way of answering. Except for the
crickets, no sound, even imagined, involved.

You created a picture of a lovely evening. Looks lovely would be
closer.

Jo

Victor Martinez August 4th 08 12:33 PM

Nighttime stars

Takayuki wrote:
I noticed that when I open up the windows on a cool summer night like
tonight, the house seems to get a lot livelier all of a sudden.

What is this you speak of? Cool summer night? Please explain.

Victor, really not enjoying the heat. :)

--
Victor M. Martinez
Send your spam he

Suz August 4th 08 12:55 PM

Nighttime stars

On Aug 4, 6:33�am, Victor Martinez wrote:
Takayuki wrote:
I noticed that when I open up the windows on a cool summer night like
tonight, the house seems to get a lot livelier all of a sudden.

What is this you speak of? Cool summer night? Please explain.

Victor, really not enjoying the heat. :)

--
Victor M. Martinez
Send your spam he
Email me he

====================================
You can get your revenge this winter when we're buried under the snow
and its 60 something there. ;o)

Suz&Spicey

Victor Martinez August 4th 08 02:00 PM

Nighttime stars

Suz wrote:
You can get your revenge this winter when we're buried under the snow
and its 60 something there. ;o)

Or 80 something... :) I like to make fun of Tom's sister (she lives in
North Dakota, or as I like to call it, the frozen tundra) when she calls
in January and tells us it's -30 or something like that. I say, yeah,
it's nice and warm here, I think I'll wear shorts today. :)

--
Victor M. Martinez
Send your spam he

Sherry August 4th 08 02:09 PM

Nighttime stars

On Aug 4, 1:55�am, Takayuki wrote:
I noticed that when I open up the windows on a cool summer night like
tonight, the house seems to get a lot livelier all of a sudden.

Buster wants to be the star of the show, and from outside you can see
him going from window to window, pulling aside blinds and curtains
when necessary. �His constantly moving and busy silhouette against the
bright indoor lights makes him a most visible and striking spectacle.
Looking at my house at night is like watching some kind of play, and
you'd swear there are several characters, and not just one actor
playing them all.

In the meantime, Dot is doing her own graceful performance of "Dances
with Moths", hopping on her hind legs as the crickets chirp and
applaud.

Buster might be remembering all the mousies, bunnies, and gophers out
there. There are
six windows in our den, and if I open them, there;s a cat in five of
them. If I had
neighbors, they'd think I was a cat collector.
Boots used to be impossible to get indoors at night if it was a nice
night with a full moon.
There are two games I had to play to get her in; one was "chase me
around the car three
times, then I'll run under the garage door." The other one was "I'll
sit on the top of the
car, just out of your reach, then when I'm good and ready, I'll jump
down on the hood, and
you snatch me off the car and carry me in." That girl NEVER came in
the door on her own
accord.

Sherry

Kreisleriana[_3_] August 4th 08 02:18 PM

Nighttime stars

"Victor Martinez" wrote in message
Suz wrote:
You can get your revenge this winter when we're buried under the snow
and its 60 something there. ;o)

Or 80 something... :) I like to make fun of Tom's sister (she lives in
North Dakota, or as I like to call it, the frozen tundra) when she calls
in January and tells us it's -30 or something like that. I say, yeah, it's
nice and warm here, I think I'll wear shorts today. :)

I had a couple of close friends from Montana; their constant saying in the
middle of a NYC snowstorm was "You call *this* winter???"
They used to tell me the state motto was "40 Below Keeps Out the Riff Raff."
;)
--
Theresa, Stinky and Dante
drtmuirATearthlink.net

Kreisleriana[_3_] August 4th 08 02:20 PM

Nighttime stars

"Takayuki" wrote in message
I noticed that when I open up the windows on a cool summer night like
tonight, the house seems to get a lot livelier all of a sudden.

Buster wants to be the star of the show, and from outside you can see
him going from window to window, pulling aside blinds and curtains
when necessary. His constantly moving and busy silhouette against the
bright indoor lights makes him a most visible and striking spectacle.
Looking at my house at night is like watching some kind of play, and
you'd swear there are several characters, and not just one actor
playing them all.

In the meantime, Dot is doing her own graceful performance of "Dances
with Moths", hopping on her hind legs as the crickets chirp and
applaud.

I reported earlier in the year that a neighbor of mine took in a cat and her
four kittens, and now the kittens are big, there are always cats bouncing in
and out of the front window. Often, a few of them are sleeping in a pile in
the sun. Very entertaining.

--
Theresa, Stinky and Dante
drtmuirATearthlink.net

CatNipped[_2_] August 4th 08 04:18 PM

Nighttime stars

"Takayuki" wrote in message
I noticed that when I open up the windows on a cool summer night like
tonight, the house seems to get a lot livelier all of a sudden.

Hey, Tak - been missing you!

Buster wants to be the star of the show, and from outside you can see
him going from window to window, pulling aside blinds and curtains
when necessary. His constantly moving and busy silhouette against the
bright indoor lights makes him a most visible and striking spectacle.
Looking at my house at night is like watching some kind of play, and
you'd swear there are several characters, and not just one actor
playing them all.

LOL! His own one-cat show.

In the meantime, Dot is doing her own graceful performance of "Dances
with Moths", hopping on her hind legs as the crickets chirp and
applaud.

I love the mental imagery that evokes. I didn't know you were a poet, Tak!

Nose Kisses,

CatNipped

Ann August 4th 08 09:23 PM

Nighttime stars

Tak, I love the way you describe the cats playing.

--
Ann
in Connecticut