CatBanter

-   -   A tail in the hand beats two in the bush! (http://www.catbanter.com/showthread.php?t=77655)

jmcquown January 22nd 07 08:09 PM

A tail in the hand beats two in the bush!

You just know your cat trusts you when you can go to sleep with her tail in
your hand :) Or when she wraps her tail around your wrist and you just nod
off to sleep (hearing purrs the whole while).. It's love!

Jill --loves Persia... and Persia loves Jill

Jo Firey January 23rd 07 12:55 AM

"jmcquown" wrote in message
You just know your cat trusts you when you can go to sleep with her tail
in
your hand :) Or when she wraps her tail around your wrist and you just
nod
off to sleep (hearing purrs the whole while).. It's love!

Jill --loves Persia... and Persia loves Jill

Well, Jake sometimes sleeps with his paws in my hair, but it ain't love.
Its body heat and his much preferred daddy is nearly bald.

Jo

Joey DoWop Dee January 23rd 07 01:20 AM

A tail in the hand beats two in the bush!

On Mon, 22 Jan 2007 14:09:47 -0500, jmcquown wrote
(in article ):

You just know your cat trusts you when you can go to sleep with her tail in
your hand :) Or when she wraps her tail around your wrist and you just nod
off to sleep (hearing purrs the whole while).. It's love!

Jill --loves Persia... and Persia loves Jill

That is trust, all right. Even after 3 and a half years here Ketzl is very
fussy about who can -- or better put: cannot -- touch his tail. He is getting
better, though. He doesn't complain nearly as much as he used to.

On these colder nights, I consider myself very very fortunate when he decides
it will be okay to crawl on top of me and take a nap -- always a nap, never
planning, it seems, to spend the night there. Just as well: he's a bit on the
heavy side. Still, it feels great on a cold night.

jmcquown January 23rd 07 02:33 AM

Jo Firey wrote:
"jmcquown" wrote in message
You just know your cat trusts you when you can go to sleep with her
tail in
your hand :) Or when she wraps her tail around your wrist and you
just nod
off to sleep (hearing purrs the whole while).. It's love!

Jill --loves Persia... and Persia loves Jill

Well, Jake sometimes sleeps with his paws in my hair, but it ain't
love. Its body heat and his much preferred daddy is nearly bald.

Jo

LOL Persia sometimes combs my hair with her teeth, but she has much more
fur than I have (thin) hair. I do agree we snuggle together for warmth.
But I don't let her hold my tail G

Jill

Kreisleriana January 23rd 07 07:22 PM

A tail in the hand beats two in the bush!

On Mon, 22 Jan 2007 13:09:47 -0600, "jmcquown"
yodeled:

You just know your cat trusts you when you can go to sleep with her tail in
your hand :) Or when she wraps her tail around your wrist and you just nod
off to sleep (hearing purrs the whole while).. It's love!

Jill --loves Persia... and Persia loves Jill

I often have Stinky's tail in my hand when I fall asleep-- he also
wraps his tail around my arm, or even my neck! The thing that really
amazes me is how he puts his paw into my hand, and lets me hold it.

Theresa

Make Levees, Not War

Bill Stock January 24th 07 02:33 AM

"jmcquown" wrote in message
You just know your cat trusts you when you can go to sleep with her tail
in
your hand :) Or when she wraps her tail around your wrist and you just
nod
off to sleep (hearing purrs the whole while).. It's love!

Jill --loves Persia... and Persia loves Jill

The tail is not a big deal for Cali, the tummy is another matter. If she's
really relaxed, I can put my hand between her back legs and rest my palm on
her tummy or chest. True nirvana is giving her a reverse chin scritch with
my fingers, while keeping my hand on her chest. This is always worth a few
extra decibels from the Purr motor. If she's not relaxed, I'll get a bunny
kickin.

Cantate January 24th 07 04:42 AM

A tail in the hand beats two in the bush!

Awwwww.....!

My two who have long tails both love it when I comb them! (Their
tails, or any other part of them.)

My two who are Japanese Bobtails or mixes thereof do NOT like my hand
on their tails. (They feel weird anyway because the bones of the tail
curl around inside.) I love to watch those short-tailed cats switch
their tails though. They remind me of those cat clocks where the tail
moves by the second, and they make a most delightful thump.

Cantate

jmcquown January 24th 07 05:05 AM

Bill Stock wrote:
"jmcquown" wrote in message
You just know your cat trusts you when you can go to sleep with her
tail in
your hand :) Or when she wraps her tail around your wrist and you
just nod
off to sleep (hearing purrs the whole while).. It's love!

Jill --loves Persia... and Persia loves Jill

The tail is not a big deal for Cali, the tummy is another matter. If
she's really relaxed, I can put my hand between her back legs and
rest my palm on her tummy or chest. True nirvana is giving her a
reverse chin scritch with my fingers, while keeping my hand on her
chest. This is always worth a few extra decibels from the Purr motor.
If she's not relaxed, I'll get a bunny kickin.

You do not! want to be on the end of a bunny kick from Persia! I was
wounded... should have gotten a purple heart. Dang, that hurt. And I was
asleep, wasn't thinking... let my hand fall down on her oh so soft belly and
dammit! I was wounded! I still have the danged scars.

http://pets.webshots.com/photo/10848...46690505Stttgd

Jill

Ketzl's Dad January 24th 07 01:37 PM

A tail in the hand beats two in the bush!

On Tue, 23 Jan 2007 23:05:21 -0500, jmcquown wrote
(in article ):

Bill Stock wrote:
"jmcquown" wrote in message
[...]

I periodically wake up with "inexplicable" shin, calf and ankle wounds.
Oddly, (or not) that's the general region where Ketzl sleeps.

Still, he's getting better about the tail thing. He's even begun to like
having it brushed. Now I need to work on brushing his belly without getting
the bunny kicks.

Speaking of kicks, sometimes when we play "string" the string (a ribbon,
actually; he doesn't know the difference) gets wound around him a few times
and after a brief pause while he contemplates the situation he sets off in
this series of running mule-kicks to try to dislodge the string. It's
hilarious. Whatta guy.

--
Joey DoWop Dee
Remember: It is To Laugh

Bill Stock January 25th 07 01:52 AM

"jmcquown" wrote in message
Bill Stock wrote:
"jmcquown" wrote in message
[...]

Cali keeps her claws in for the most part when Bunny Kickin. Provided you
get the point within the allotted time of course.