CatBanter

-   -   Anniversary (http://www.catbanter.com/showthread.php?t=83496)

GaDragonfly October 19th 07 02:01 AM

Anniversary

It was one year ago today that Sam had surgery to remove a cancerous
tumor and the rib it had grown around. In August his x-rays showed no
sign of active tumor and he was given a six month reprieve from having
to go to the vet. I've never given Sam an official "birthdate". We
adopted him mid-September in 2004 but I don't remember the exact
date. I used to think I'd celebrate his birthday on the day he almost
died from an asthma attack but now I think that today shall be his
purrday from this day forward. So, happy purrday, Sammy, you are a
very special cat and we are lucky to have been adopted by you.

Julie

sam October 19th 07 03:25 AM

Anniversary

GaDragonfly wrote:
It was one year ago today that Sam had surgery to remove a cancerous
tumor and the rib it had grown around. In August his x-rays showed no
sign of active tumor and he was given a six month reprieve from having
to go to the vet. I've never given Sam an official "birthdate". We
adopted him mid-September in 2004 but I don't remember the exact
date. I used to think I'd celebrate his birthday on the day he almost
died from an asthma attack but now I think that today shall be his
purrday from this day forward. So, happy purrday, Sammy, you are a
very special cat and we are lucky to have been adopted by you.

Julie

Happy purrday, from one Sam to another

This one closely supervised by Mistletoe

Julie and Sam October 19th 07 03:39 AM

Anniversary

"sam" wrote in message Happy purrday, from one Sam to
another

This one closely supervised by Mistletoe

Sam says thank you very much and sends shy headbutts and nose kisses to
Mistletoe. He still remembers her saying he was a handsome cat last year
when he was recovering from his surgery and is kinda shy around her.

Julie

Marina October 19th 07 05:34 AM

Anniversary

GaDragonfly wrote:
It was one year ago today that Sam had surgery to remove a cancerous
tumor and the rib it had grown around. In August his x-rays showed no
sign of active tumor and he was given a six month reprieve from having
to go to the vet. I've never given Sam an official "birthdate". We
adopted him mid-September in 2004 but I don't remember the exact
date. I used to think I'd celebrate his birthday on the day he almost
died from an asthma attack but now I think that today shall be his
purrday from this day forward. So, happy purrday, Sammy, you are a
very special cat and we are lucky to have been adopted by you.

I think this is a very befitting purrday for sweet Sam. Hoppy purrday,
and may you have many more!

Ginger-lyn October 19th 07 05:57 AM

Anniversary

GaDragonfly wrote:
It was one year ago today that Sam had surgery to remove a cancerous
tumor and the rib it had grown around. In August his x-rays showed no
sign of active tumor and he was given a six month reprieve from having
to go to the vet. I've never given Sam an official "birthdate". We
adopted him mid-September in 2004 but I don't remember the exact
date. I used to think I'd celebrate his birthday on the day he almost
died from an asthma attack but now I think that today shall be his
purrday from this day forward. So, happy purrday, Sammy, you are a
very special cat and we are lucky to have been adopted by you.

Julie

Awwww -- happy Purrday Sam! I'm sure your meowmie gave you lots of
scritches and some good treats, too :-)

Ginger-lyn

--
Home Pages:
http://www.spiritrealm.com/summer/

mlbriggs October 19th 07 06:29 AM

Anniversary

On Thu, 18 Oct 2007 18:01:47 -0700, GaDragonfly wrote:

It was one year ago today that Sam had surgery to remove a cancerous
tumor and the rib it had grown around. In August his x-rays showed no
sign of active tumor and he was given a six month reprieve from having
to go to the vet. I've never given Sam an official "birthdate". We
adopted him mid-September in 2004 but I don't remember the exact
date. I used to think I'd celebrate his birthday on the day he almost
died from an asthma attack but now I think that today shall be his
purrday from this day forward. So, happy purrday, Sammy, you are a
very special cat and we are lucky to have been adopted by you.

Julie

Happy Birthday to Sam -- whenever it is! MLB

Adrian A October 19th 07 12:30 PM

Anniversary

GaDragonfly wrote:
It was one year ago today that Sam had surgery to remove a cancerous
tumor and the rib it had grown around. In August his x-rays showed no
sign of active tumor and he was given a six month reprieve from having
to go to the vet. I've never given Sam an official "birthdate". We
adopted him mid-September in 2004 but I don't remember the exact
date. I used to think I'd celebrate his birthday on the day he almost
died from an asthma attack but now I think that today shall be his
purrday from this day forward. So, happy purrday, Sammy, you are a
very special cat and we are lucky to have been adopted by you.

Julie

Happy purrday/anniversary.
--
Adrian (Owned by Snoopy & Bagheera)
Cats leave pawprints on your heart

GaDragonfly October 19th 07 03:15 PM

Anniversary

Sam demanded a lap to curl up and sleep on last night for his purrday.
He came to me and I had the laptop computer on my lap (duh, where else
would I have it?). Sam stared it down until it was totally
intimidated and vacated my lap for the arm of the couch. I ended up
with a laptop cat asleep for several hours and an armtop computer :)
He says laps are for cats not computers, although they all like the
warmth that sleeping near the computer provides.

Julie

Lesley via CatKB.com October 19th 07 03:36 PM

Anniversary

GaDragonfly wrote:
but now I think that today shall be his
purrday from this day forward. So, happy purrday, Sammy, you are a
very special cat and we are lucky to have been adopted by you.

Happy purrday Sam!

Lesley

Slave of the Fabulous Furballs