CatBanter

-   -   cats that are constantly sick (http://www.catbanter.com/showthread.php?t=23567)

[email protected] January 19th 05 07:33 PM

cats that are constantly sick

I have a 19 year old cat and she can only be described as bulimic .
she eats small regular meals and has a good appeteit however no sooner
does the food go in than out it comes in the same condition.
she is wormed and de-fur balled and apart from this little habit is as
loving and as healthy as they come
any answers please.

mlbriggs January 19th 05 11:11 PM

On Wed, 19 Jan 2005 10:33:41 -0800, brewerscook wrote:

I have a 19 year old cat and she can only be described as bulimic .
she eats small regular meals and has a good appeteit however no sooner
does the food go in than out it comes in the same condition.
she is wormed and de-fur balled and apart from this little habit is as
loving and as healthy as they come
any answers please.

If you haven't done so, have a Vet diagnose the problem. A 19 year old
should not have to suffer like this. MLB

MacCandace January 20th 05 02:18 AM

I have a 19 year old cat and she can only be described as bulimic .
she eats small regular meals and has a good appeteit however no sooner
does the food go in than out it comes in the same condition.
she is wormed and de-fur balled and apart from this little habit is as
loving and as healthy as they come
any answers please.

How long has this been going on? Is she skinny? I imagine she needs
bloodwork. Older cats can have all sorts of conditions, it would be impossible
to guess. I know my late cat used to barf from his kidney disease and
hyperthyroidism (he had that, too) also makes them very hungry and they barf a
lot but there are many other reasons this could happen, too. She's quite
elderly and needs to have a blood panel done. There are many things that are
treatable so that you could have a few more years with her.

Candace
(take the litter out before replying by e-mail)

See my cats:
http://photos.yahoo.com/maccandace

"One does not meet oneself until one catches the reflection from an eye other
than human." (Loren Eisely)

Mary January 20th 05 07:48 PM

wrote in message
ups.com...
I have a 19 year old cat and she can only be described as bulimic .
she eats small regular meals and has a good appeteit however no sooner
does the food go in than out it comes in the same condition.
she is wormed and de-fur balled and apart from this little habit is as
loving and as healthy as they come
any answers please.

She is 19. When is the last time she had a checkup?