CatBanter

-   -   If looks could kill (http://www.catbanter.com/showthread.php?t=86427)

Adrian[_2_] February 19th 08 04:20 PM

If looks could kill

I was driving along the road this morning and saw a beautiful tabby stalking
a couple of collard doves, as I drew level the doves flew off, the cat
looked straight at me and I could see the anger in its eyes. ;-)
--
Adrian (Owned by Snoopy & Bagheera)
Cats leave pawprints on your heart

Karen February 20th 08 01:01 AM

If looks could kill

On 2008-02-19 10:20:01 -0600, "Adrian" said:

I was driving along the road this morning and saw a beautiful tabby
stalking a couple of collard doves, as I drew level the doves flew off,
the cat looked straight at me and I could see the anger in its eyes. ;-)

That sounds almost like a Haiku!

[email protected] February 20th 08 01:36 AM

If looks could kill

Adrian wrote:

I was driving along the road this morning and saw a beautiful
tabby stalking a couple of collard doves

Oh, is that how you spell it? I always assumed it was "collared"
doves, like they were wearing a collar. LOL.

as I drew level the doves flew off, the cat
looked straight at me and I could see the anger in its eyes. ;-)

You ruined the kitty's fun!

Joyce

--
To send email to this address, remove the triple-X from my user name.

Adrian[_2_] February 20th 08 10:07 AM

If looks could kill

wrote:
Adrian wrote:

I was driving along the road this morning and saw a beautiful
tabby stalking a couple of collard doves

Oh, is that how you spell it? I always assumed it was "collared"
doves, like they were wearing a collar. LOL.

Yes you're right that was a typo. ;-)

as I drew level the doves flew off, the cat
looked straight at me and I could see the anger in its eyes. ;-)

You ruined the kitty's fun!

I'll have to be careful next time I walk that way, he may be planning
revenge,

[email protected] February 20th 08 07:07 PM

If looks could kill

Adrian wrote:

wrote:
Adrian wrote:

I was driving along the road this morning and saw a beautiful
tabby stalking a couple of collard doves

Oh, is that how you spell it? I always assumed it was "collared"
doves, like they were wearing a collar. LOL.

Yes you're right that was a typo. ;-)

I just realized that there is only a one-letter difference between
"collared" (wearing a collar) and "collard" (which means what, exactly?
all I know is "collard greens", a bitter leafy green vegetable).

I've never been 100% sure how to spell collared dove, but I figured
it had to do with a collar, ie, a ring around their neck, that gave them
their name.

You ruined the kitty's fun!

I'll have to be careful next time I walk that way, he may be planning
revenge,

Next time he'll be stalking you.

Joyce

--
To send email to this address, remove the triple-X from my user name.

Christina Websell February 22nd 08 06:59 PM

If looks could kill

wrote in message
Adrian wrote:

I was driving along the road this morning and saw a beautiful
tabby stalking a couple of collard doves

Oh, is that how you spell it? I always assumed it was "collared"
doves, like they were wearing a collar. LOL.

Yes, it "is" collared doves.

as I drew level the doves flew off, the cat
looked straight at me and I could see the anger in its eyes. ;-)

You ruined the kitty's fun!

He might have been another Boyfie hunting collared doves for his equivalent
of KFC.

Tweed