CatBanter

-   -   Cleaning hummingbird feeders (http://www.catbanter.com/showthread.php?t=18654)

---MIKE--- July 10th 04 06:22 PM

Cleaning hummingbird feeders

My well water contains a lot of iron. Bleach reacts with this water -
especially when it's hot and causes a brown stain on everything. For
this reason, I prefer to use vinegar to clean my feeders. What ratio of
vinegar/water is recommended? When I make nectar, I don't use the well
water. I use spring water instead.

---MIKE---

---MIKE--- July 10th 04 07:02 PM

Sorry - I sent this to the wrong group!

---MIKE---

---MIKE--- July 10th 04 07:02 PM

PawsForThought July 10th 04 09:17 PM

From: (---MIKE---)

Sorry - I sent this to the wrong group!

I was kinda wondering what it had to do with cats, LOL
________
See my cats:
http://community.webshots.com/album/56955940rWhxAe