CatBanter

-   -   house to let (http://www.catbanter.com/showthread.php?t=107706)

Jack Campin April 8th 12 11:50 PM

house to let

From LovelyListing:

http://lovelylisting.files.wordpress...many-cats1.jpg

Cheryl[_5_] April 9th 12 01:14 AM

house to let

On 08/04/2012 8:20 PM, Jack Campin wrote:
From LovelyListing:

http://lovelylisting.files.wordpress...many-cats1.jpg

mobile 07800 739 557http://www.campin.me.uk Twitter: JackCampin

Well, you know, you have to be specific about these things!

I once rented from someone I'd rented from before, and I knew that she
was an excellent landlady, required a lease and didn't approve of
animals in the house (she came from a farming background and thought
they belonged in a barn, but of course urban apartments generally lack
barns). During the discussions, I mentioned that since we had last met,
I had acquired two cats. Would that be a problem? She said no, and when
I got the lease to review, she'd been precise: Tenant may have two (2)
cats. I'd expected something like a removal of the no-pets clause, or
'Tenant may have pets' or somEthing!

I'm still there, actually, and still with two cats, although they aren't
the same two, and I and the bank now own the place so I'm not a tenant.

--
Cheryl

Bastette April 9th 12 05:41 AM

house to let

Jack Campin wrote:

From LovelyListing:

http://lovelylisting.files.wordpress...many-cats1.jpg

I love Seattle! I was just talking to someone recently who lives there,
and she said that all the local bookstores have cats. It's just the way
they do things there.

Obviously this wasn't a typo, since they made a point of writing the number
out in words, and again in digits.

--
Joyce

Mother teach me to walk again
Milk and honey, so intoxicating -- Sarah McLaughlin

jmcquown[_2_] April 9th 12 06:26 PM

house to let

"Jack Campin" wrote in message
From LovelyListing:

http://lovelylisting.files.wordpress...many-cats1.jpg

Wow! Up to 28 cats... how's that for specific? :)

Jill

Bastette April 9th 12 08:13 PM

house to let

jmcquown wrote:

"Jack Campin" wrote in message

From LovelyListing:

http://lovelylisting.files.wordpress...many-cats1.jpg

Wow! Up to 28 cats... how's that for specific? :)

I forwarded this to a friend and she pointed out that the house was listed
as being available on April 1. Hmm... I hadn't noticed that myself.

--
Joyce

May the great galactic kitten always purr you to sleep.

Joy April 9th 12 11:31 PM

house to let

"Bastette" wrote in message
jmcquown wrote:

"Jack Campin" wrote in message

From LovelyListing:

http://lovelylisting.files.wordpress...many-cats1.jpg

Wow! Up to 28 cats... how's that for specific? :)

I forwarded this to a friend and she pointed out that the house was listed
as being available on April 1. Hmm... I hadn't noticed that myself.

--
Joyce

LOL! Generally I don't like April Fool jokes, but that one is cute.

--

Joy

I'd been told the training process with cats was difficult. It's not. Mine
had me trained in two days.
- Comedian Bill Dana