CatBanter

-   -   Sleeping with the 'Nip (http://www.catbanter.com/showthread.php?t=30461)

Bill Stock August 21st 05 01:40 AM

Sleeping with the 'Nip

The pictures!

http://pg.photos.yahoo.com/ph/will_s...0a.jpg&.src=ph

Victor Martinez August 21st 05 02:27 AM

Bill Stock wrote:
The pictures!

That's the biggest catnip plant (?) I've seen!

--
Victor M. Martinez
Send your spam he

Bill Stock August 21st 05 02:53 AM

"Victor Martinez" wrote in message
. ..
Bill Stock wrote:
The pictures!

That's the biggest catnip plant (?) I've seen!

LOL, more like several small (18"' tall) plants. We had to cull the herd, as
they were taking over the herb garden. They were on the way to the yard
waste bin, when I decided to freak Cali out. The 'Nip patch is actually got
a late start this year, as we pulled out too many last year.

Surprisingly Cali actually ignored the plants at first. But once I assured
her it was OK, she was right into it.

--
Victor M. Martinez
Send your spam he

kilikini August 21st 05 03:35 AM

Bill Stock wrote:
The pictures!

That's the biggest catnip plant (?) I've seen!

LOL, more like several small (18"' tall) plants. We had to cull the herd,

as
they were taking over the herb garden. They were on the way to the yard
waste bin, when I decided to freak Cali out. The 'Nip patch is actually

got
a late start this year, as we pulled out too many last year.

Surprisingly Cali actually ignored the plants at first. But once I

assured
her it was OK, she was right into it.

--

I thought cats liked catnip better after it had dried and aged a little
more! Pretty cute pic, Victor.

kili

Victor Martinez August 21st 05 03:55 AM

Bill Stock wrote:
LOL, more like several small (18"' tall) plants. We had to cull the herd, as
they were taking over the herb garden. They were on the way to the yard

Where do you live? We've never had good luck with catnip, but we haven't
tried it in the ground. It always gets smooshed up by the feral cat that
hunts in our back yard.

--
Victor M. Martinez
Send your spam he

Marina August 21st 05 04:38 AM

Bill Stock wrote:
The pictures!

LOL! They look like they don't quite know what hit them. But it's all
good. :o)

--
Marina, Frank, Miranda and Caliban. In loving memory of Nikki.
marina (dot) kurten (at) iki (dot) fi

Kreisleriana August 21st 05 05:05 AM

On Sat, 20 Aug 2005 20:40:26 -0400, "Bill Stock"
yodeled:

The pictures!

http://pg.photos.yahoo.com/ph/will_s...0a.jpg&.src=ph

LOL!

Theresa

Bill Stock August 21st 05 06:03 AM

"Marina" wrote in message
Bill Stock wrote:
The pictures!

LOL! They look like they don't quite know what hit them. But it's all
good. :o)

Yeah, Cali seemed a little shell shocked at first. "I didn't know it came in
quantity?" :)

Bill Stock August 21st 05 06:07 AM

"Victor Martinez" wrote in message
.. .
Bill Stock wrote:
LOL, more like several small (18"' tall) plants. We had to cull the herd,
as they were taking over the herb garden. They were on the way to the
yard

Where do you live? We've never had good luck with catnip, but we haven't
tried it in the ground. It always gets smooshed up by the feral cat that
hunts in our back yard.

I'm in southern Ontario. I'm surprised we don't get more cat traffic in the
'Nip patch, but we rarely get any visitors. Although we did have one cat
that used to dig it out of the snow.

--
Victor M. Martinez
Send your spam he

Gandalf August 21st 05 07:00 AM

wrote:

The pictures!

http://pg.photos.yahoo.com/ph/will_s...0a.jpg&.src=ph

Hey, that's enough 'nip to get charged with cat class felony
distribution. I hope you know a good lawyer!

Sadly, my Kenzie doesn't even react to fresh catnip. She just ignores
it.

My two RB kitties (Lucky and Blizzard; ESPECIALLY Blizzard!) were real
'nip heads. I got fresh catnip from a friend; I used to call it 'kitty
crack'; compared to stuff I bought in pet stores, it was at least 10
times stronger. They would race around for a little while, rolling over
and over, and climbing the walls, and then wind up in a corner with a
silly look on their faces, until they fell asleep.

How I miss my RB kitties. I had forgotten their obsession with catnip!

I used to keep it in the refrigerator; when ever they heard me open the
door, they would run into the kitchen, hoping for a 'nip fix!

~~~~~~~~~~~~

- Robert Heinlein

Life is very difficult. Once you understand that, life becomes easier.
-Buddha

Steve Touchstone August 21st 05 10:08 AM

On Sun, 21 Aug 2005 02:55:29 GMT, Victor Martinez
wrote:

Bill Stock wrote:
LOL, more like several small (18"' tall) plants. We had to cull the herd, as
they were taking over the herb garden. They were on the way to the yard

Where do you live? We've never had good luck with catnip, but we haven't
tried it in the ground. It always gets smooshed up by the feral cat that
hunts in our back yard.

I'm just north of you up here in Oklahoma. I planted some nip a couple
years ago to see if my crew would react to home grown, but they're
just not interested. I have it in a couple flowerpots and it comes
back every year now. Don't think the neighborhood cats react to it
either, since no one ever bothers it (well, except for me, as I have
to watch it to keep it from spreading from the pots into the flower
garden).
--
Steve Touchstone,
faithful servant of Sammy, Little Bit and Spot

[remove Junk for email]
Home Page:

Norm August 21st 05 10:14 AM

Bill Stock wrote:

Yeah, Cali seemed a little shell shocked at first. "I didn't know it came in
quantity?" :)

http://community.webshots.com/photo/...28777452GYBDSt

That green in lower left? Catnip we planted last summer - obviously I
haven't been keeping The Gang of Four stoned enough. Anyone for a
toke? :-) Norm (Poconos, and Datsuns)

--
"The web has got me caught. I'd rather have the blues than what I've
got." via Nat King Cole

Bill Stock August 21st 05 04:40 PM

wrote:

Bill Stock wrote:
LOL, more like several small (18"' tall) plants. We had to cull the
herd, as
they were taking over the herb garden. They were on the way to the yard

Where do you live? We've never had good luck with catnip, but we haven't
tried it in the ground. It always gets smooshed up by the feral cat that
hunts in our back yard.

I'm just north of you up here in Oklahoma. I planted some nip a couple
years ago to see if my crew would react to home grown, but they're
just not interested. I have it in a couple flowerpots and it comes
back every year now. Don't think the neighborhood cats react to it
either, since no one ever bothers it (well, except for me, as I have
to watch it to keep it from spreading from the pots into the flower
garden).

Cali loves her fresh Nip, she always looks for it when we come in the back
door. If we forget her daily dose she meows at us. Smokey is missing the Nip
gene and is only interested because Cali likes it.

Bill Stock August 21st 05 04:41 PM

"Norm" wrote in message
Bill Stock wrote:

Yeah, Cali seemed a little shell shocked at first. "I didn't know it came
in
quantity?" :)

http://community.webshots.com/photo/...28777452GYBDSt

That green in lower left? Catnip we planted last summer - obviously I
haven't been keeping The Gang of Four stoned enough. Anyone for a
toke? :-) Norm (Poconos, and Datsuns)

Forget the Nip man, look at all the cool cars!

Christina Websell August 21st 05 08:34 PM

"Bill Stock" wrote in message
The pictures!

http://pg.photos.yahoo.com/ph/will_s...0a.jpg&.src=ph

Hee hee hee, I just love the look on Cali's face!

Tweed

John F. Eldredge August 22nd 05 01:36 AM

wrote:

Bill Stock wrote:
LOL, more like several small (18"' tall) plants. We had to cull the herd, as
they were taking over the herb garden. They were on the way to the yard

Where do you live? We've never had good luck with catnip, but we haven't
tried it in the ground. It always gets smooshed up by the feral cat that
hunts in our back yard.

I'm just north of you up here in Oklahoma. I planted some nip a couple
years ago to see if my crew would react to home grown, but they're
just not interested. I have it in a couple flowerpots and it comes
back every year now. Don't think the neighborhood cats react to it
either, since no one ever bothers it (well, except for me, as I have
to watch it to keep it from spreading from the pots into the flower
garden).

I have never tried growing catnip, but I know that it is a member of
the mint family, and they are all known for being invasive. I am
currently fighting another invasive plant, having made the mistake of
planting English ivy in my foundation planting a few years ago. It is
now trying to take over the house.

--
John F. Eldredge --
PGP key available from

Victor Martinez August 22nd 05 01:41 AM

John F. Eldredge wrote:
I have never tried growing catnip, but I know that it is a member of
the mint family, and they are all known for being invasive. I am

Oh yeah! We have mint in the garden and it is an evil weed. An evil weed
that is good for making mojitos though... :)

--
Victor M. Martinez
Send your spam he

badwilson August 22nd 05 03:11 AM

Victor Martinez wrote:
John F. Eldredge wrote:
I have never tried growing catnip, but I know that it is a member

of
the mint family, and they are all known for being invasive. I am

Oh yeah! We have mint in the garden and it is an evil weed. An evil
weed that is good for making mojitos though... :)

Oooooh, mojitos! Yum and slobber! Dennis and I have been making
those and they are so good. Thai whiskey, which is actually rum, is
dirt cheap at $3/bottle and mint is only a few cents for a big bundle
at the market. These drinks are dangerous on more levels than one ;-)
--
Britta
"There is no snooze button on a cat who wants breakfast." -- Unknown

Jane August 22nd 05 08:01 PM

Catnip grows wild out behind the house I grew up in. The cats just
look at you funny when you try to offer it up.
'So what? It's all over out there, you see?'

They just don't care.

Jane
- owned and operated by Princess Rita

Jo Firey August 26th 05 03:25 AM

Bill Stock wrote:
The pictures!

That's the biggest catnip plant (?) I've seen!

We had one a few years ago the cats could sleep under out in the yard.
Trouble is it got kind of woody and Charlie decided to replace it. Haven't
been able to get another one going.

We are in the central valley in California, it was growing in full sun and
it gets up to 105 here every summer. Only a bit of light frost in the
winter.

Jo