CatBanter

-   -   Finding Recipes (http://www.catbanter.com/showthread.php?t=28368)

Otto Bahn June 20th 05 10:56 PM

Finding Recipes

"Dave Bell" wrote

You have been trolled, hope that helps, have a nice day, heheheheheheh!

Once again, what is a "troll?" I thought it was a noun and you're
using it as a verb. You obviously don't mean fairy tale trolls.

A troll is someone who plays stupid. I've guessing trolled
means that someone (shelley) played stupid with me.

--oTTo--

Troll in this context is more related to fishing:

Motoring along quietly, trailing a baited hook, to see who bites.

In this case, asking stupid-newbie questions. In others, offerring
opinions extremely out of the norm for the newsgroup, like asking for
recipes for wokking a cat, in a cat-lovers' group...

I'd think it'd wok just like chicken.

--oTTo--

Marc Goodman June 20th 05 11:05 PM

Otto Bahn wrote:
"Dave Bell" wrote
In this case, asking stupid-newbie questions. In others, offerring
opinions extremely out of the norm for the newsgroup, like asking for
recipes for wokking a cat, in a cat-lovers' group...

I'd think it'd wok just like chicken.

I think cat would be a red meat, like dolphin or monkey,
not a white meat like bunny or aligator.

Otto Bahn June 20th 05 11:12 PM

"Marc Goodman" wrote

In this case, asking stupid-newbie questions. In others, offerring
opinions extremely out of the norm for the newsgroup, like asking for
recipes for wokking a cat, in a cat-lovers' group...

I'd think it'd wok just like chicken.

I think cat would be a red meat, like dolphin or monkey,
not a white meat like bunny or aligator.

It thought it was a chicken substitute in East Asia...?
Either way, that's a horrible thing to do a domesticated
aminal.

--oTTo--

"What's the matter, cat gut your tongue?"

Kevin S. Wilson June 21st 05 12:07 AM

On Mon, 20 Jun 2005 17:56:50 -0400, "Otto Bahn"
wrote:

"Dave Bell" wrote

You have been trolled, hope that helps, have a nice day, heheheheheheh!

Once again, what is a "troll?" I thought it was a noun and you're
using it as a verb. You obviously don't mean fairy tale trolls.

A troll is someone who plays stupid. I've guessing trolled
means that someone (shelley) played stupid with me.

--oTTo--

Troll in this context is more related to fishing:

Motoring along quietly, trailing a baited hook, to see who bites.

In this case, asking stupid-newbie questions. In others, offerring
opinions extremely out of the norm for the newsgroup, like asking for
recipes for wokking a cat, in a cat-lovers' group...

I'd think it'd wok just like chicken.

Well, you know what they say in sci.physics: "If it woks like a
chicken, and it toks like a chicken . . . ."

You know the rest. And you know what you have to do now, cowboy. (1)

(1) Why doesn't anyone ever ask me about this allusion? Too easy? Too
hard?

sarah bennett June 21st 05 01:53 AM

Otto Bahn wrote:
"Marc Goodman" wrote

In this case, asking stupid-newbie questions. In others, offerring
opinions extremely out of the norm for the newsgroup, like asking for
recipes for wokking a cat, in a cat-lovers' group...

I'd think it'd wok just like chicken.

I think cat would be a red meat, like dolphin or monkey,
not a white meat like bunny or aligator.

It thought it was a chicken substitute in East Asia...?
Either way, that's a horrible thing to do a domesticated
aminal.

You mean, like a cow, or a goat?

--

saerah

"It's not a gimmick, it's an incentive."- asterbark, afca

aware of the manifold possibilities of the future

"I think there's a clause in the Shaman's and Jujumen's Local #57 Union
contract that they have to have reciprocity for each other's shop rules."
-König Prüß

Otto Bahn June 21st 05 03:06 AM

"sarah bennett" wrote

In this case, asking stupid-newbie questions. In others, offerring
opinions extremely out of the norm for the newsgroup, like asking for
recipes for wokking a cat, in a cat-lovers' group...

I'd think it'd wok just like chicken.

I think cat would be a red meat, like dolphin or monkey,
not a white meat like bunny or aligator.

It thought it was a chicken substitute in East Asia...?
Either way, that's a horrible thing to do a domesticated
aminal.

You mean, like a cow, or a goat?

Well, some people may let a goat in their house,
but I still don't consider it fully domesticated.

--oTTo--

Otto Bahn June 21st 05 03:18 AM

"Kevin S. Wilson" wrote

You have been trolled, hope that helps, have a nice day, heheheheheheh!

Once again, what is a "meta troll?" I thought it was a noun and you're
using it as a verb. You obviously don't mean fairy tale trolls.

A troll is someone who plays stupid. I've guessing trolled
means that someone (shelley) played stupid with me.

--oTTo--

Troll in this context is more related to fishing:

Motoring along quietly, trailing a baited hook, to see who bites.

In this case, asking stupid-newbie questions. In others, offerring
opinions extremely out of the norm for the newsgroup, like asking for
recipes for wokking a cat, in a cat-lovers' group...

I'd think it'd wok just like chicken.

Well, you know what they say in sci.physics: "If it woks like a
chicken, and it toks like a chicken . . . ."

ROTF-LOL!

You know the rest. And you know what you have to do now, cowboy. (1)

(1) Why doesn't anyone ever ask me about this allusion? Too easy? Too
hard?

Too "I never heard it from you before".

--oTTo--

Shaun aRe June 21st 05 12:41 PM

"Otto Bahn" wrote in message
"Marc Goodman" wrote

In this case, asking stupid-newbie questions. In others, offerring
opinions extremely out of the norm for the newsgroup, like asking for
recipes for wokking a cat, in a cat-lovers' group...

I'd think it'd wok just like chicken.

I think cat would be a red meat, like dolphin or monkey,
not a white meat like bunny or aligator.

It thought it was a chicken substitute in East Asia...?
Either way, that's a horrible thing to do a domesticated
aminal.

I think you are supposed to throw them out of the house for a while until
they go wild, then eat them.

Shaun aRe

Otto Bahn June 21st 05 03:52 PM

"Shaun aRe" wrote

In this case, asking stupid-newbie questions. In others, offerring
opinions extremely out of the norm for the newsgroup, like asking for
recipes for wokking a cat, in a cat-lovers' group...

I'd think it'd wok just like chicken.

I think cat would be a red meat, like dolphin or monkey,
not a white meat like bunny or aligator.

It thought it was a chicken substitute in East Asia...?
Either way, that's a horrible thing to do a domesticated
aminal.

I think you are supposed to throw them out of the house for a while until
they go wild, then eat them.

You probably get leaner meat that way.

--oTTo--

Bob (this one) June 21st 05 08:30 PM

Shaun aRe wrote:
"Otto Bahn" wrote in message

"Marc Goodman" wrote

In this case, asking stupid-newbie questions. In others, offerring
opinions extremely out of the norm for the newsgroup, like asking for
recipes for wokking a cat, in a cat-lovers' group...

I'd think it'd wok just like chicken.

I think cat would be a red meat, like dolphin or monkey,
not a white meat like bunny or aligator.

Lion is white like pork.

Pastorio