CatBanter

-   -   Kitty enrichment (http://www.catbanter.com/showthread.php?t=106264)

Cheryl[_3_] September 13th 11 03:25 AM

Kitty enrichment

I found this food feeding system on Think Geek of all places. I haven't
set it up yet because it just came today and it's drying after washing,
but I can't wait to see what my dry food eaters make of this. I'll put
half of their meal in their regular bowls and the other half they'll
have to fish out. =)

The photos show kittens, but it's really a good size.

https://www.thinkgeek.com/homeoffice/pets/e96a/

Joy September 13th 11 06:59 AM

Kitty enrichment

"Cheryl" wrote in message
.com...
I found this food feeding system on Think Geek of all places. I haven't
set it up yet because it just came today and it's drying after washing, but
I can't wait to see what my dry food eaters make of this. I'll put half of
their meal in their regular bowls and the other half they'll have to fish
out. =)

The photos show kittens, but it's really a good size.

https://www.thinkgeek.com/homeoffice/pets/e96a/

I didn't see any photos with kittens, but the idea certainly makes sense. I
may consider it for my two chubbies.

Joy

Lesley[_4_] September 13th 11 09:07 AM

Kitty enrichment

On Sep 13, 3:25*am, Cheryl wrote:
I found this food feeding system on Think Geek of all places. *I haven't
set it up yet because it just came today and it's drying after washing,
but I can't wait to see what my dry food eaters make of this. *I'll put
half of their meal in their regular bowls and the other half they'll
have to fish out. =)

Interesting- I wonder if they ship to the UK? I can see my two having
a lot of fun with this and it might make them appreciate the kibble
more if they had to work for it!

Lesley

Slave of the Fabulous Furballs

dgk September 13th 11 02:24 PM

Kitty enrichment

On Mon, 12 Sep 2011 22:25:09 -0400, Cheryl
wrote:

I found this food feeding system on Think Geek of all places. I haven't
set it up yet because it just came today and it's drying after washing,
but I can't wait to see what my dry food eaters make of this. I'll put
half of their meal in their regular bowls and the other half they'll
have to fish out. =)

The photos show kittens, but it's really a good size.

https://www.thinkgeek.com/homeoffice/pets/e96a/

Ah yes, plus it's good exercise for us, trying to get the kibble into
those little tubes without spilling it all over the place.

Cheryl[_3_] September 13th 11 11:40 PM

Kitty enrichment

On 9/13/2011 4:07 AM, Lesley wrote:
On Sep 13, 3:25 am, wrote:
I found this food feeding system on Think Geek of all places. I haven't
set it up yet because it just came today and it's drying after washing,
but I can't wait to see what my dry food eaters make of this. I'll put
half of their meal in their regular bowls and the other half they'll
have to fish out. =)

Interesting- I wonder if they ship to the UK? I can see my two having
a lot of fun with this and it might make them appreciate the kibble
more if they had to work for it!

Their website says to do ship internationally. This is working out well
so far. I had to remind Bonnie where the food is after the bowls were
empty this morning and she was screaming to eat around noon. Then she
caught on and it was so cute watching her fish out pieces and then chase
them around on the floor (hardwood) to eat one. She has a tendency to
snarf down her food so this will slow her down quite a bit. Scarlett is
a master at this though. Shamrock hasn't tried, and Rhett just guards
the regular bowls so he gets his fill there. I'm sure eventually he'll
realize there's more food than just the little bit I put in the bowls.

Joy September 14th 11 12:17 AM

Kitty enrichment

.com...
On Sep 13, 3:25 am, wrote:
[...]

I was considering this for my two, but I don't think it would work with
them. They frequently spill food out of their dishes onto the floor, and
they will never eat what is on the floor. It's really funny, because they
have no problem scarfing up treats off the floor, just a few feet from their
dishes - and the treats are actually Friskies kibble (because they are on
Iams weight loss).

Joy