CatBanter

-   Cat rescue (http://www.catbanter.com/forumdisplay.php?f=6)
-   -   Colorado big-cat sanctuary closing, animals need food money (http://www.catbanter.com/showthread.php?t=73729)

[email protected] August 15th 06 01:40 PM

Colorado big-cat sanctuary closing, animals need food money

I seldom cry when I open my mail, and I've never before hit up
strangers for one of my favorite charities. But this is a desperate
case.

The Wild Animal Sanctuary in Keenesburg, Colorado, (formerly The Rocky
Mtn. Wildlife Conservation Center) is going down the tubes after 27
years of caring for thousands of lions, tigers, and other large
predators rescued from private collectors, overcrowded zoos, carnivals,
etc. It will close to the public on Sept. 2.

The short story is that donations have been diverted to large-scale
human tragedies in recent years (i. e., tsunami, Katrina), and the
sanctuary is now too deeply in the red to recover. It has to close.

New homes are being sought in other sanctuaries across the country for
155 animals. But if food money runs out before all animals are placed,
some will have to be put down.

Please, do whatever you can to help keep keep these animals alive until
new homes can be found for them.

www.wildlife-sanctuary.org

Bret Ludwig August 15th 06 04:37 PM

Colorado big-cat sanctuary closing, animals need food money

wrote:
snip

New homes are being sought in other sanctuaries across the country for
155 animals. But if food money runs out before all animals are placed,
some will have to be put down.

I'd like to put one of those tigers up. On my wall.....(or on the
floor in front of the fireplace, the better to **** on).

[email protected] August 15th 06 04:48 PM

Colorado big-cat sanctuary closing, animals need food money

Bret Ludwig wrote:
wrote:
snip

New homes are being sought in other sanctuaries across the country for
155 animals. But if food money runs out before all animals are placed,
some will have to be put down.

I'd like to put one of those tigers up. On my wall.....(or on the
floor in front of the fireplace, the better to **** on).

People like you are the reason there are no troll rescue organization,
Bret. :p

Bret Ludwig August 15th 06 06:37 PM

Colorado big-cat sanctuary closing, animals need food money

wrote:
snip

People like you are the reason there are no troll rescue organization,
Bret. :p

If you really knew anything about big cats you'd know they are actually
cheap to feed because they eat rotten and spoiled meat that otherwise
would have to be disposed at considerable cost. They will also eat
roadkill deer and many states will issue special deer tags enabling
groups to bag whitetail deer for this very purpose. And if there were
lions or captive bred hybrid tigers that DID need putting down, pelting
them and eBaying the hides and claws would finance the others very
well.

The big expense is dealing with the ****, and liability insuraance for
the volunteers.

Matthew August 15th 06 08:34 PM

Colorado big-cat sanctuary closing, animals need food money

"Bret Ludwig" Still a troll always a troll Worthless
as the day you were born

Haven't you put a gun in your mouth yet and done the world a favor

Bret Ludwig August 16th 06 01:36 PM

Matthew wrote:
"Bret Ludwig" Still a troll always a troll Worthless
as the day you were born

Haven't you put a gun in your mouth yet and done the world a favor

Why don't you come over and "Show Me" how it's done? I'll even supply
the shell.

Matthew August 16th 06 05:09 PM

Colorado big-cat sanctuary closing, animals need food money

"Bret Ludwig" wrote in message
ups.com...

Matthew wrote:
"Bret Ludwig" Still a troll always a troll
Worthless as the day you were born

Haven't you put a gun in your mouth yet and done the world a favor

Why don't you come over and "Show Me" how it's done? I'll even supply
the shell.

You first I will even call 911 for you after about an hour to make sure
someone finds you for a proper burial