CatBanter

-   -   That Mean Old Bird (http://www.catbanter.com/showthread.php?t=6066)

Sherry August 18th 04 11:23 AM

That Mean Old Bird

Bootsie is being terrorized by a scissortail flycatcher. I really didn't know
they were so aggressive! It dive-bombs her everytime she goes outside. She
first just acted very nonplussed about the whole situation, and now she acts
afraid! She ducks her head and scans the sky as soon as she steps outside. And
invariably, here it comes! Yoda said, "Boots, just kill it, eat it, and be done
with it." Frank, being the more sensitive of the three, says it's the state
bird and a protected species, and she better not. She looks so confused.

Karen Chuplis August 18th 04 12:37 PM

in article , Sherry at
itty wrote on 8/18/04 5:23AM:

Bootsie is being terrorized by a scissortail flycatcher. I really didn't know
they were so aggressive! It dive-bombs her everytime she goes outside. She
first just acted very nonplussed about the whole situation, and now she acts
afraid! She ducks her head and scans the sky as soon as she steps outside. And
invariably, here it comes! Yoda said, "Boots, just kill it, eat it, and be
done
with it." Frank, being the more sensitive of the three, says it's the state
bird and a protected species, and she better not. She looks so confused.

Poor Booty Girl! I bet she tells Yoda "YOU go kill it and eat it."

O J August 18th 04 12:56 PM

On 18 Aug, Sherry wrote:

Bootsie is being terrorized by a scissortail flycatcher.

---------------------snip----------------------

This happened to my neighbor's cat, Meyer. There were some Jays that
had set up housekeeping in a low tree across the street and poor Meyer
must have come too close to the nest one time because they dive-bombed
him every time he went out into the street. Fortunately for Meyer,
they decided to set up housekeeping somewhere elsewhere this season.

They would team up, one bird attracting Meyer's attention and the
other would dive on him from behind. Perhaps the flycatcher saw
Bootsie (that was my cat's name when I was a child) come too close to
its nest.

Regards and Purrs,
O J

Kreisleriana August 18th 04 02:39 PM

On 18 Aug 2004 10:23:44 GMT, itty (Sherry ) yodeled:

Bootsie is being terrorized by a scissortail flycatcher. I really didn't know
they were so aggressive! It dive-bombs her everytime she goes outside. She
first just acted very nonplussed about the whole situation, and now she acts
afraid! She ducks her head and scans the sky as soon as she steps outside. And
invariably, here it comes! Yoda said, "Boots, just kill it, eat it, and be done
with it." Frank, being the more sensitive of the three, says it's the state
bird and a protected species, and she better not. She looks so confused.

Aww, poor Bootsie. Yes, a lot of sweet little birdies are very
aggressive towards what they perceive as predators. Especially if
they have little babies stashed nearby.

Theresa
Stinky Pictures:
http://community.webshots.com/album/125591586JWEFwh