CatBanter

-   -   New York just banned cat declawing. It's the first state to outlaw the procedure (http://www.catbanter.com/showthread.php?t=113957)

Auric Hellman July 23rd 19 03:45 AM

New York just banned cat declawing. It's the first state to outlaw the procedure

Wonderful news!!

https://www.msn.com/en-us/lifestyle/...ure/ar-AAEHJWe

Dr. Auric D. Hellman

Tina[_2_] July 29th 19 09:08 PM

New York just banned cat declawing. It's the first state tooutlaw the procedure

On 25/07/2019 13:20, Judith Latham wrote:
In article , Auric Hellman
wrote:

Wonderful news!!

https://www.msn.com/en-us/lifestyle/...ure/ar-AAEHJWe

Dr. Auric D. Hellman

Excellent!

Judith

I hope the other USA states will follow. It's never been allowed in the
UK, except in cases of intractable nail bed infections that cannot be
cured any other way. My vets would be struck
off if they offered declawing as a matter of course, and I'd be an
ex-client if I asked them to. Let's wish that all the USA states come
to their senses and ban this barbaric practice once and for all.

jmcquown[_2_] August 2nd 19 11:07 PM

New York just banned cat declawing. It's the first state tooutlaw the procedure

On 7/25/2019 8:20 AM, Judith Latham wrote:
In article , Auric Hellman
wrote:

Wonderful news!!

https://www.msn.com/en-us/lifestyle/...ure/ar-AAEHJWe

Dr. Auric D. Hellman

Excellent!

Judith

I have always felt that declawing was a horrible thing. I don't know
why all the US states haven't banned it.

Persia (RB) came to live with me already front-declawed. In later life
I saw how she gingerly walked on her front paws as if they pained her.
Especially the left one. There wasn't anything I could do about it
because someone else had that done to her. All I could do was take her
into my home (she demanded to come inside, actually, announced she lived
with me).

Buffy has all her claws. She's torn up my furniture. I never once
considered cutting off her toes. I was given a large roll of
double-sided sticky tape by my neighbor. Cat's don't like sticky tape. LOL

I tried scratchers and posts and all sorts of things for her to scratch
on. She likes cardboard, but that doesn't trim the claws.

When Buffy first came to live with me she was fine with me clipping her
claws. That didn't last long, I've no idea why.

The double-sided sticky tape works to keep her from scratching fabric
chairs. It's not very attractive on the furniture, though. LOL

Jill

Helen Wheels August 3rd 19 02:15 PM

On 23/07/2019 10:45 AM, Auric Hellman wrote:

Wonderful news!!

https://www.msn.com/en-us/lifestyle/...ure/ar-AAEHJWe

Dr. Auric D. Hellman

That's excellent news. Hope the other states follow suit.