CatBanter

-   -   Copy cat (http://www.catbanter.com/showthread.php?t=97541)

Adrian[_2_] October 3rd 09 03:04 PM

Copy cat

The first couple of times I thought it was a coincidence but then I realised
Snoopy was copying me, if I have to get up to visit the bathroom in the
night she'll come with me and use her litter box, which is in the bathroom,
while I use the hoomin equivalent.
Cats leave pawprints on your heart

jmcquown[_2_] October 3rd 09 03:52 PM

Copy cat

"Adrian" wrote in message
om...
The first couple of times I thought it was a coincidence but then I
realised Snoopy was copying me, if I have to get up to visit the bathroom
in the night she'll come with me and use her litter box, which is in the
bathroom, while I use the hoomin equivalent.
Cats leave pawprints on your heart

Yep. Persia does that too. It's always amusing they have to "go" when we
do :)

In my house, the shower is also in the same room as the toilet and the
litterbox. She'll often scratch around in the litterbox while I'm
showering. I don't know what prompts her to pee while I'm in the shower...
the sound of running water, maybe?

Jill

Christina Websell October 3rd 09 05:23 PM

Copy cat

"Adrian" wrote in message
om...
The first couple of times I thought it was a coincidence but then I
realised Snoopy was copying me, if I have to get up to visit the bathroom
in the night she'll come with me and use her litter box, which is in the
bathroom, while I use the hoomin equivalent.

Well you're both getting old duck and run

Tweed

[email protected][_2_] October 3rd 09 05:34 PM

Copy cat

On Oct 3, 7:04*am, "Adrian" wrote:
The first couple of times I thought it was a coincidence but then I realised
Snoopy was copying me, if I have to get up to visit the bathroom in the
night she'll come with me and use her litter box, which is in the bathroom,
while I use the hoomin equivalent.

Dunzi doesn't like to be caught in the act- the other day she was
heading for her box and Dave got up to use the loo and she ducked back
as if to say "after you". Sarsi on the other hand most mornings when
I'm using the toilet comes in and gets in her box and sits there
looking at me as if to say "Isn't this fun?"

Lesley

Slave of the Fabulous Furballs

MLB[_2_] October 3rd 09 06:02 PM

Copy cat

wrote:
On Oct 3, 7:04 am, "Adrian" wrote:
The first couple of times I thought it was a coincidence but then I realised
Snoopy was copying me, if I have to get up to visit the bathroom in the
night she'll come with me and use her litter box, which is in the bathroom,
while I use the hoomin equivalent.

Dunzi doesn't like to be caught in the act- the other day she was
heading for her box and Dave got up to use the loo and she ducked back
as if to say "after you". Sarsi on the other hand most mornings when
I'm using the toilet comes in and gets in her box and sits there
looking at me as if to say "Isn't this fun?"

Lesley

Slave of the Fabulous Furballs

It has been a long time since I mentioned this: IMHO when our cats
follow us to the "throne room" they are standing guard duty. They
probably feel safer if some one is close by when they have to "go" also.
I imagine it is left over instinct from wild ancestors to help keep
their friends safe from predators. Then sometimes they run like the
wind to leave their scents behind. Does anyone else agree with this
thought? Best wishes. MLB

[email protected][_2_] October 3rd 09 06:22 PM

Copy cat

On Oct 3, 10:02*am, MLB wrote:
*Then sometimes they run like the
wind to leave their scents behind. * Does anyone else agree with this
thought? *

Don't know why through it's apparently normal behaviour according to
some cat books but about half the time after Sarsi has used her box
she gets a major attack of the zoomies

Yowie October 3rd 09 10:52 PM

Copy cat

wrote in message

On Oct 3, 10:02 am, MLB wrote:
Then sometimes they run like the
wind to leave their scents behind. Does anyone else agree with this
thought?

Don't know why through it's apparently normal behaviour according to
some cat books but about half the time after Sarsi has used her box
she gets a major attack of the zoomies

So does Suki (as did Shmogg whislt he was still lively). I always wondered
whether its because they feel so much lighter (the mass of an average cat
poop is a much higher proportion of the cat's weight than it is for us when
we use the litterbox... and so the difference in befor enad after weights
must surely be noticable to the cat) or whether they just want to get the
heck away from that noxious odour as soon as catly possible.

Pickle is discreet and will not go if someone is watching him, unless its an
intentional "I'm crapping here because *you* haven't cleaned the litterbox"
and then he'll drop one whislt staring intently at me. Shmogg was similarly
shy. Suki has no dignity at all (perhaps she's a d*g in cat's clothing?) and
goes whenever she wants - usually when we're just about to tuck into dinner.

And whilst I could never say eau-de-catpoo is a *pleasant* odour, the smell
of Pickle and Shmogg's litterbox offerings was never chokingly aweful. Even
Shadow - when she was her - didn't stink up the whole place, despite the
fact she had chronic diarrhea from stress. But Suki could be used as a
chemical weapon. I have no idea why, they all eat the exact same food, but
Suki's guts should be registered as a weapon of mass destruction. Peee-Yew.

Yowie
--
If you're paddling upstream in a canoe and a wheel falls off, how many
pancakes can you fit in a doghouse? None, icecream doesn't have bones.

Baird Stafford October 3rd 09 11:55 PM

Copy cat

In article ,
"Adrian" wrote:

The first couple of times I thought it was a coincidence but then I realised
Snoopy was copying me, if I have to get up to visit the bathroom in the
night she'll come with me and use her litter box, which is in the bathroom,
while I use the hoomin equivalent.

My observation is that felines frequently follow some examples set by
their two-legs. Leila doesn't do the bathroom thing - though Teeny did
- but she *does* come into the kitchen for a bite to eat any time I go
in to either get my own food or take my plethora of meds.

Baird

--
In theory there is no difference between theory and practice. In practice
there is. -Yogi Berra

William Hamblen[_2_] October 4th 09 04:33 AM

Copy cat

On Sat, 3 Oct 2009 10:22:12 -0700 (PDT), wrote:

On Oct 3, 10:02*am, MLB wrote:
*Then sometimes they run like the
wind to leave their scents behind. * Does anyone else agree with this
thought? *

Don't know why through it's apparently normal behaviour according to
some cat books but about half the time after Sarsi has used her box
she gets a major attack of the zoomies

As does my cat. I think they feel lighter.

Bud

MLB[_2_] October 4th 09 06:37 AM

Copy cat

On Oct 3, 10:02 am, MLB wrote:
Then sometimes they run like the
wind to leave their scents behind. Does anyone else agree with this
thought?

Don't know why through it's apparently normal behaviour according to
some cat books but about half the time after Sarsi has used her box
she gets a major attack of the zoomies

As does my cat. I think they feel lighter.

Bud

That was my first thought many years ago. But really think about a cat
in the wild in this position His enemies would surely detect the odor,
so the cat would want to leave the area quickly to save its life. Of
course it is instinct now left over from the wild ancestors. MLB