Showing results 1 to 25 of 117
Search took 0.08 seconds.
Search: Posts made by: Phoenix
Forum: Cat anecdotes November 6th 09, 05:43 AM Posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Replies: 2
Posted By Phoenix
The sucky monster is out...and I am inundated with beasts

DH got the sucky monster out to find all the dust bunnies in the
house (yay, DH!). I am sitting at my desk in the front room, as
far away from the sucky monster as possible...as far as the
beasts...
Forum: Cat anecdotes November 4th 09, 08:09 PM Posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Replies: 33
Posted By Phoenix
song lyrics

Marina wrote:
Phoenix wrote:

Join the crowd! I have a whole set of kitty holiday carols....but my
latest (and I'm quite proud of it) is to the tune of "Come Together"
by John...
Forum: Cat anecdotes November 3rd 09, 09:02 PM Posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Replies: 33
Posted By Phoenix
song lyrics (was: Purrs for a Furever home)

tanadashoes wrote:

Thank you. I have a tendency to like to re-write the lyrics of music to
whatever I'm thinking at the time. The cats have a love/hate thing
about it.

Join the crowd! I...
Forum: Cat anecdotes November 1st 09, 06:54 PM Posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Replies: 8
Posted By Phoenix
Little Bit is integrating!

MaryL wrote:

...Duffy, my wonderful blind
kitty. He especially likes what I call his "vertical space," and you
may find the same thing. That is, Duffy loves to climb. I have two
tall...
Forum: Cat anecdotes November 1st 09, 05:38 AM Posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Replies: 8
Posted By Phoenix
Little Bit is integrating!

Little Bit, our blind kitty, has pretty much claimed the whole
house, and is co-existing with the dog really well. In fact,
Molly-dog (yellow lab) will curl up on the couch in the front
room and...
Forum: Cat anecdotes October 20th 09, 09:13 PM Posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Replies: 5
Posted By Phoenix
Tiger can still climb

wrote:
MaryL wrote:
Being able to climb at 10+ years old is no surprise. Holly had her 14th
birthday in June, and she can still leap to the mantel.
I used to...
Forum: Cat anecdotes October 5th 09, 01:19 AM Posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Replies: 4
Posted By Phoenix
Further adventures of Little Bit in the rest of the house

Integration with the rest of the household seems to be coming
along pretty well. Little Bit has explored most of the rooms
fairly thoroughly, and gets around as if she's sighted, which is
quite...
Forum: Cat anecdotes September 18th 09, 01:58 AM Posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Replies: 6
Posted By Phoenix
Little Bit explores...and is rather obnoxious

Granby wrote:
NNOOOO, don't change her now, change is too hard. She will have to start
all over and just when it begins to sound good for her.

Oh, no, I was unclear. NOW we are thinking we...
Forum: Cat anecdotes September 17th 09, 06:14 AM Posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Replies: 6
Posted By Phoenix
Little Bit explores...and is rather obnoxious

You all remember our blind cat, Little Bit. She is still living
(mostly) in our front room and introductions to the other cats
and the d*g have not gone real well yet. She freaks out and
hisses...
Forum: Cat anecdotes September 4th 09, 06:01 AM Posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Replies: 19
Posted By Phoenix
[OT] Kidney infection? (human)

wrote:

I hope it's just a bacterial thing and *not* stones. For one thing,
I hear stones are horribly painful.

They are. Trust me. When I had mine a couple years ago, I...
Forum: Cat anecdotes August 31st 09, 01:54 AM Posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Replies: 26
Posted By Phoenix
Thank you (rabies)

MaryL wrote:
Incidentally, the irony is that I do have an understanding of diabetes
because I am T2. ... My doctor has been very pleased
(and seems rather impressed). He said it is very...
Forum: Cat anecdotes August 26th 09, 05:51 AM Posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Replies: 8
Posted By Phoenix
I'm cranky with Little Bit this morning

wrote:

Glad to hear that she's come out of her shell!

"Out of her shell"? That's really FUNNY! This cat is now
obnoxiously demanding whenever I'm at my desk (in her room),...
Forum: Cat anecdotes August 25th 09, 08:33 PM Posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Replies: 8
Posted By Phoenix
I'm cranky with Little Bit this morning

Let me tell you about Little Bit this morning. Little Bit, you
may recall, is the blind kitty who lives in the room where my
computer also lives.

This morning, she insisted on sitting on the...
Forum: Cat anecdotes August 21st 09, 05:44 AM Posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Replies: 63
Posted By Phoenix
OT - What are you reading?

tanadashoes wrote:

I recently was steered onto a series by a Jacqueline? Carey, the books
include Cushiel's Scion, Cushiel's justice, and so forth, the titles I've
quoted are from the...
Forum: Cat anecdotes August 21st 09, 05:41 AM Posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Replies: 63
Posted By Phoenix
OT - What are you reading?

tanadashoes wrote:
"Phoenix" wrote in message
Ah. And thus we highlight the fact that I haven't read the ones in which
he's a mercenary admiral yet. My bad....
Forum: Cat anecdotes August 20th 09, 03:45 AM Posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Replies: 63
Posted By Phoenix
OT - What are you reading?

Will in New Haven wrote:
On Aug 18, 10:34 pm, Phoenix wrote:
Mark Edwards wrote:
No cluons were harmed when Will in New Haven wrote:
Recently finished:...
Forum: Cat anecdotes August 19th 09, 03:39 AM Posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Replies: 63
Posted By Phoenix
OT - What are you reading?

At the table? The newest Oprah magazine which finally got here (I
get mine later than ANYone, including the stores)

In the bathroom? a copy of By Her Subdued, a bunch of short
stories published...
Forum: Cat anecdotes August 19th 09, 03:34 AM Posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Replies: 63
Posted By Phoenix
OT - What are you reading?

Mark Edwards wrote:
No cluons were harmed when Will in New Haven wrote:
Recently finished: "Falling Free" by Louse McMaster Bujold" I waited
forever to find out what the fuss was about...
Forum: Cat anecdotes August 12th 09, 09:50 PM Posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Replies: 22
Posted By Phoenix
OT - My "Best" Friend

CatEyes wrote:
[painful "friend" interaction elided for brevity]

Firstly, let me say that if your friend is an alcoholic and is
still drinking (and it sure seems that way from what you are...
Forum: Cat anecdotes August 8th 09, 06:51 AM Posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Replies: 4
Posted By Phoenix
Little Bit ventured into the rest of the house!

I don't know if you guys remember Little Bit, the blind cat we
adopted who had been a stray near my son's apartment. We took her
in back in March, hoped to find her real meomie and paw but never...
Forum: Cat anecdotes July 15th 09, 08:22 PM Posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Replies: 43
Posted By Phoenix
speaking of blindness, on topic

Christina Websell wrote:
She said "Oh.." but I heard her mutter when I was going
out of the door "you look ok to me.."
That's the difficulty. I don't look like I can't see properly.

And...
Forum: Cat anecdotes July 14th 09, 01:28 AM Posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Replies: 6
Posted By Phoenix
Odessa-dolly lives on

If I'm not mistaken, it was Baha's Odessa that had a...hmmm...
secret weapon of mass destruction? interesting intestinal flora?
gas masks required?

I believe Odessa has come back and is now...
Forum: Cat anecdotes July 13th 09, 04:11 AM Posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Replies: 3
Posted By Phoenix
Cinder goes for a merry-go-round ride!

Our dining room is currently in a bit of disarray. I'm in the
midst of painting a mural on the new wall that we put up last
summer, after tearing down the old glassed-in nook. (and good...
Forum: Cat anecdotes June 29th 09, 06:46 PM Posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Replies: 30
Posted By Phoenix
Blanket Purrs and updates on the whole darn Shirk Clan (not totallyOT)

Kalynnda Berens wrote:
tanadashoes wrote:
How do you go about
affording a new air conditioner anyway? Advice appreciated.

Have you contacted your electric company?

Oh, and DO tell...
Forum: Cat anecdotes June 29th 09, 04:48 AM Posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Replies: 30
Posted By Phoenix
Blanket Purrs and updates on the whole darn Shirk Clan (not totallyOT)

tanadashoes wrote:
So, that's our lives and times. How are your lives, owners, and so forth
going?

Lives? I'm oddly happy and awfully busy for someone who is
recently unemployed, older,...
Showing results 1 to 25 of 117