Showing results 1 to 22 of 22
Search took 0.02 seconds.
Search: Posts made by: Mark Carroll[_2_]
Forum: Cat health & behaviour January 20th 21, 06:25 PM Posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav
Replies: 5
Posted By Mark Carroll[_2_]
Big cat stopper

On 10003 Sep 1993, John Doe wrote:

The small cat took to it immediately.

Probably should've done that a LONG time ago.

PRELIMINARILY speaking, it's marvelous.

Very glad you seem to...
Forum: Cat health & behaviour July 28th 19, 11:06 AM Posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav
Replies: 7
Posted By Mark Carroll[_2_]
Ping-pong balls

On 28 Jul 2019, John Doe wrote:

I bought 12 "Penn" decent quality (lots of bounce) ping-pong balls at
the local megastore.
(snip)
They play with the ping-pong balls more than they play with...
Forum: Cat health & behaviour June 6th 18, 03:11 PM Posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav
Replies: 1
Posted By Mark Carroll[_2_]
For those of you with Indoor Cats

On 06 Jun 2018, Peter W. wrote:

Now that the warm weather has come to the northern hemisphere, it is important
for those indoor cat people to understand a few truisms that many would like
to...
Forum: Cat health & behaviour August 8th 17, 08:14 PM Posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav
Replies: 16
Posted By Mark Carroll[_2_]
Hard-core feral softening up after 10 years

On 08 Aug 2017, John Doe wrote:

https://c1.staticflickr.com/5/4430/36309948321_06efc13b8d_b.jpg

My hard-core feral cat, coming out after 10 years. Slowly.

Excellent, thank you for both an...
Forum: Cat health & behaviour July 30th 17, 05:25 PM Posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav,free.spam
Replies: 16
Posted By Mark Carroll[_2_]
John Doe

On 30 Jul 2017, John Doe wrote:

The only half decent kill file is ignoring the thread branch
started by the other person instead of just ignoring
individual posts. But that can be done most...
Forum: Cat health & behaviour July 26th 17, 01:33 PM Posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav
Replies: 16
Posted By Mark Carroll[_2_]
John Doe

On 26 Jul 2017, wrote:

d) d) Feral cats – these are cats that have never had a ‘people’ home,
probably for generations if ever.

So, be exceedingly careful when...
Forum: Cat health & behaviour July 18th 16, 08:04 AM Posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav
Replies: 21
Posted By Mark Carroll[_2_]
Cat gets on the counter top

On 17 Jul 2016, My2Kitties wrote:

Thank you Mark. It sounds like loops work for you. The question I have
is, if I put sticky tape -- either loops or flat -- on the counter and
table top, how...
Forum: Cat health & behaviour July 17th 16, 03:41 PM Posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav
Replies: 21
Posted By Mark Carroll[_2_]
Cat gets on the counter top

On 17 Jul 2016, My2Kitties wrote:

The only packing tape types I can think of, will not lie flat. They'd
curl and stick to themselves. The ones I'm thinking of are the clear or
brown...
Forum: Cat health & behaviour March 29th 16, 08:59 AM Posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav
Replies: 6
Posted By Mark Carroll[_2_]
organic cat food

On 29 Mar 2016, my wrote:

What places can I go find organic cat food

Why don't you start by telling us which country you live in?
Where have you looked already?

-- Mark
Forum: Cat health & behaviour October 10th 15, 10:43 AM Posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav
Replies: 6
Posted By Mark Carroll[_2_]
cat scratching doorways

John Doe writes:

They still need lots of exercise using their claws. If you just stop them
with the tape, they will need to get that exercise some other way. Don't
Forum: Cat health & behaviour June 26th 15, 08:49 AM Posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav
Replies: 25
Posted By Mark Carroll[_2_]
My outside cat has an electric blanket

buglady writes:

On 6/25/2015 2:07 PM, Mack A. Damia wrote:
Do you keep them in separate carriers? What about feeding and litter
during, say, a two or three day...
Forum: Cat health & behaviour June 17th 15, 04:31 PM Posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav
Replies: 14
Posted By Mark Carroll[_2_]
In or Out

Mack A. Damia writes:

I think I was beaten down a year or so ago when I said that it was
cruel to let your cat roam outside.

It's definitely one of those questions...
Forum: Cat health & behaviour May 23rd 15, 10:55 AM Posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav
Replies: 6
Posted By Mark Carroll[_2_]
After 8 years, my feral is using the Skyway!

John Doe writes:

Incidentally, outside we have one of those PIR-activated ultrasonic
noisemakers protecting a patch of lawn, after I got fed up of having
to...
Forum: Cat health & behaviour May 23rd 15, 08:35 AM Posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav
Replies: 6
Posted By Mark Carroll[_2_]
After 8 years, my feral is using the Skyway!

John Doe writes:

I always knew they enjoyed listening to the outside sounds. That was made
clear when a newly adopted stray always napped with its head against the...
Forum: Cat health & behaviour May 22nd 15, 08:32 PM Posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav
Replies: 6
Posted By Mark Carroll[_2_]
After 8 years, my feral is using the Skyway!

John Doe writes:

I recently upgraded the external mic speaker.

The external mic speaker?

-- Mark
Forum: Cat health & behaviour May 3rd 15, 09:08 AM Posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav
Replies: 6
Posted By Mark Carroll[_2_]
best way to brush shedding cats

RowwwHissssPurr writes:

We have a remote vacuum so there is very little sound when it is on. Both
our cats (especialy the one that was feral a dozen years or so ago) have
grown...
Forum: Cat health & behaviour February 15th 15, 11:00 PM Posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav
Replies: 29
Posted By Mark Carroll[_2_]
Counting stray cats while cycling at night

Mark Carroll writes:
(snip)
we explained more and he had no problem with it and adopted the cats.

Ha, sorry for the ambiguity, *we* adopted the cats. (-:

-- Mark
Forum: Cat health & behaviour February 15th 15, 10:53 PM Posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav
Replies: 29
Posted By Mark Carroll[_2_]
Counting stray cats while cycling at night

"Christina Websell" writes:

I'm not going to enter into an argument. It's my opinion that cats like to
go out in UK and they should. If I adopted a cat...
Forum: Cat health & behaviour January 30th 15, 10:28 AM Posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav
Replies: 12
Posted By Mark Carroll[_2_]
Flea meds

Super Man writes:

What kind of flea meds work great and are safe to use on cats

I don't know which country you're in and what brands you have available
locally but...
Forum: Cat health & behaviour January 6th 15, 11:05 PM Posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav
Replies: 11
Posted By Mark Carroll[_2_]
Cat not using a liter box

Super Man writes:

I clean out the litter boxes and fill up the boxes when i clean the litter boxes out and the cat still goes on the floor

It's just one cat in the...
Forum: Cat health & behaviour October 13th 14, 07:30 PM Posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav
Replies: 2
Posted By Mark Carroll[_2_]
Mouse toy gift

obsidianjg writes:

When my cat brings in a mouse, we usually trade for a treat.
In this case, why don't you take the mouse and then put ii back where he can see it after...
Forum: Cat health & behaviour October 5th 14, 11:28 AM Posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav
Replies: 2
Posted By Mark Carroll[_2_]
Mouse toy gift

My wife crocheted our cat a large mouse and he rather likes to keep it
with him. One thing he likes to do, especially when everybody goes to
bed, is walk around with it in his mouth, meowing loudly....
Showing results 1 to 22 of 22