Showing results 1 to 25 of 27
Search took 0.00 seconds.
Search: Posts made by: Peter W.[_2_]
Forum: Cat health & behaviour December 14th 20, 12:44 PM Posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav
Replies: 14
Posted By Peter W.[_2_]
`~Need advice regarding kidney disease and non-regenerativeanemia for feline

We now have two idiots competing in the same village. Sad. Lagos and Doe, get a room, please. Elsewhere.
Forum: Cat health & behaviour December 3rd 20, 09:38 PM Posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav
Replies: 3
Posted By Peter W.[_2_]
1 month old kittens

Congenital or accidental?
Forum: Cat health & behaviour October 27th 20, 08:58 PM Posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav
Replies: 9
Posted By Peter W.[_2_]
YouTube channel promoting child abuse...

You do have a point.

Sadly, even the best tonsorial attention cannot help you.
Forum: Cat health & behaviour October 27th 20, 06:57 PM Posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav
Replies: 9
Posted By Peter W.[_2_]
YouTube channel promoting child abuse...

Not sure of the problem here. I have had cats for well over 60 years, and through any number of children, on two continents, and four grands who knew them since pre-toddler times. Never once has any...
Forum: Cat health & behaviour October 13th 20, 01:00 PM Posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav
Replies: 1
Posted By Peter W.[_2_]
1 month old kittens

I would suggest the term "wild" vs. "feral", as if she were truly feral, you would never have seen her in the first place.

You might try the Feliway, and you might try the tincture of Valerian -...
Forum: Cat health & behaviour July 16th 20, 03:25 PM Posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav
Replies: 10
Posted By Peter W.[_2_]
Where can I find help for feline Myelofibrosis + Anemia

Laura:

Steroids and similar treatments are based on a number of factors that cannot be determine at a distance, or other than the prescribing vet:

a) Weight and age of the animal.
b) Purpose of the...
Forum: Cat health & behaviour July 12th 20, 11:22 AM Posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav
Replies: 10
Posted By Peter W.[_2_]
Where can I find help for feline Myelofibrosis + Anemia

Dosage: 50 mg/cat sid-bid

Administration: When sid, give in the evening to account for natural sedative effect.

There is plenty of literature on the subject - but one requires membership to most...
Forum: Cat health & behaviour June 30th 20, 12:12 PM Posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav
Replies: 10
Posted By Peter W.[_2_]
Where can I find help for feline Myelofibrosis + Anemia

As I am sure you understand, it is the first condition that is causing the second. They are not separate processes, although they have separate names.

Myelofibrosis is progressive, and the...
Forum: Cat health & behaviour June 5th 20, 11:52 AM Posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav
Replies: 1
Posted By Peter W.[_2_]
The PERMANENT solution to smelly cat urine

Just another "buy my ****" shill.
Forum: Cat health & behaviour March 17th 20, 11:56 AM Posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav
Replies: 14
Posted By Peter W.[_2_]
`~Need advice regarding kidney disease and non-regenerativeanemia for feline

"Non-regenerative" as a class suggests that the bone marrow is not specifically involved. Suggests, not states. So the test *may* be useful, not *will* be useful.

7 is young for a cat, given that...
Forum: Cat health & behaviour March 2nd 20, 01:56 PM Posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav
Replies: 14
Posted By Peter W.[_2_]
`~Need advice regarding kidney disease and non-regenerativeanemia for feline

How old is she?

A marrow biopsy *may* (not will) determine a specific cause, which in turn *may* be treatable. However, that would be after all the standard tests - blood smear, detailed...
Forum: Cat health & behaviour November 12th 19, 09:31 PM Posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav
Replies: 2
Posted By Peter W.[_2_]
Loss of appetite, sores, anisocoria; what's wrong with my cat?

One more thing: Meloxidyl is an NSAID, and will do nothing for any underlying infection - which, clearly, is going on here, whether the blood tests show an elevated white count or not. High CK...
Forum: Cat health & behaviour November 12th 19, 09:18 PM Posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav
Replies: 2
Posted By Peter W.[_2_]
Loss of appetite, sores, anisocoria; what's wrong with my cat?

With normal kidney and blood-work readings normal in most cases, together with bad teeth, mouth sores and bad breath, lastly the eye change, this is screaming "stroke" or some sort of ischemic...
Forum: Cat health & behaviour November 1st 19, 08:31 PM Posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav
Replies: 0
Posted By Peter W.[_2_]
Resistant Fleas

There is some evidence, especially in the Northeast and Mid-Atlantic regions that some species of fleas are becoming resistant to some Fipronil-only topical flea medicines. Add to this the unusually...
Forum: Cat health & behaviour July 29th 19, 03:54 PM Posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav
Replies: 7
Posted By Peter W.[_2_]
Ping-pong balls

John:

What is clear is that you are entirely unencumbered by the thought process.

With that in mind, you might be surprised to discover that my history in this group goes back as far as yours....
Forum: Cat health & behaviour July 29th 19, 02:09 PM Posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav
Replies: 7
Posted By Peter W.[_2_]
Ping-pong balls

I have been giving ping-pong balls to my cats for over sixty (60) years. There is something about the sound when they bounce that is like nothing else for them. If there is carpet, they slam them off...
Forum: Cat health & behaviour June 6th 19, 03:45 PM Posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav
Replies: 1
Posted By Peter W.[_2_]
Larry of 10 Downing Street

https://www.washingtonpost.com/world/2019/06/04/cat-crawled-under-president-trumps-limo-photos-are-purr-fect/?noredirect=on&utm_term=.32842c9f223a
Forum: Cat health & behaviour March 18th 19, 06:01 PM Posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav
Replies: 0
Posted By Peter W.[_2_]
OT - But Relevant: Bug Zappers

Now that Spring is about to Spring in 2.2 days, and given that other-than-cats subjects are fair game; Please look at the information below. Please note that songbirds, bats and vast sections of our...
Forum: Cat health & behaviour March 13th 19, 01:45 PM Posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav
Replies: 0
Posted By Peter W.[_2_]
Spring Cleaning and Cats - Re-Post

Now that spring is just around the corner, some of you might be
itching to do the traditional Spring Cleaning, usually a good thing.
But your cats may not think so:
Liquid Lysol (or any phenol-based...
Forum: Cat health & behaviour February 25th 19, 05:14 PM Posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav
Replies: 2
Posted By Peter W.[_2_]
Hello

The trouble with a kitten is that eventually it becomes a cat.

Ogden Nash

Peter Wieck
Melrose Park, PA
Forum: Cat health & behaviour July 23rd 18, 08:32 PM Posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav
Replies: 2
Posted By Peter W.[_2_]
The benefits of controlling humidity

On Monday, July 23, 2018 at 2:19:43 PM UTC-4, John Doe wrote:
After over 5 years experience...

I believe controlling humidity has done much good for my cats. It is
easy enough. Buy a couple...
Forum: Cat health & behaviour June 6th 18, 02:44 PM Posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav
Replies: 1
Posted By Peter W.[_2_]
For those of you with Indoor Cats

Now that the warm weather has come to the northern hemisphere, it is important for those indoor cat people to understand a few truisms that many would like to deny:

a) Mosquito-borne Parasites,...
Forum: Cat health & behaviour May 23rd 18, 04:58 PM Posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav
Replies: 6
Posted By Peter W.[_2_]
Hunting Feeders

On Wednesday, May 23, 2018 at 11:34:04 AM UTC-4, reilloc wrote:

It'd be fun to see how these things work out but would it be $40-worth
of fun? My daughter's a knitter. Maybe she could make...
Forum: Cat health & behaviour May 23rd 18, 04:29 PM Posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav
Replies: 6
Posted By Peter W.[_2_]
Hunting Feeders

On Wednesday, May 23, 2018 at 10:14:41 AM UTC-4, reilloc wrote:

The merchant's video shows placing the feeders higher up, in places dogs
don't usually go. Of course, you might not want your...
Showing results 1 to 25 of 27