Showing results 1 to 25 of 118
Search took 0.01 seconds.
Search: Posts made by: Tish
Forum: Cat anecdotes March 20th 07, 07:11 AM Posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Replies: 30
Posted By Tish
OT - We're building a house

On 20 Mar 2007 05:11:51 GMT, wrote:

Tish wrote:

I live on the outskirts of Sydney. We get an average of 600mm of rain
per year (other...
Forum: Cat anecdotes March 20th 07, 03:12 AM Posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Replies: 30
Posted By Tish
OT - We're building a house

On 20 Mar 2007 01:44:40 GMT, wrote:

Tish wrote:

If Britta's house is anything like ours, it will have no mains water
at all. That...
Forum: Cat anecdotes March 20th 07, 01:11 AM Posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Replies: 30
Posted By Tish
OT - We're building a house

On 19 Mar 2007 22:42:48 GMT, wrote:

badwilson wrote:

For anyone that's interested, pictures of our house build are at:
Forum: Cat anecdotes March 14th 07, 11:02 PM Posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Replies: 8
Posted By Tish
What is it with cats and ants??

top posting - half-felt apologies.

I don't know anything about USA ants (I'm in Australia), but different
ants produce different kinds of chemicals - not all ants produce
formic acid, for example. ...
Forum: Cat anecdotes February 4th 07, 10:43 AM Posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Replies: 6
Posted By Tish
ping Western Australians

Are all the RPCA cats and their folks south of Perth OK? Britta, I'm
thinking particularly of you.

For the benefit of the rest of the world, there have been fairly big
bushfires south of Perth for...
Forum: Cat anecdotes January 24th 07, 02:20 AM Posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Replies: 20
Posted By Tish
I don't wanna . . .

On 23 Jan 2007 09:07:04 -0800, wrote:

EvelynVogtGamble(Divamanque) wrote:
wrote:

I read that you can put it in the compost bin (minus the...
Forum: Cat anecdotes January 23rd 07, 05:49 AM Posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Replies: 33
Posted By Tish
Dilemma with Mango

On Mon, 22 Jan 2007 20:26:31 -0600, "Pat"
wrote:

"meeee" wrote
That's actually not a bad idea. I hadn't thought of...
Forum: Cat anecdotes January 19th 07, 12:02 PM Posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Replies: 38
Posted By Tish
My Friend Mrs Cat (RB)

On 19 Jan 2007 02:01:36 -0800, "MatSav"
wrote:

"RB" says it all, unfortunately.

TED (who isn't really evil, he's a nice Mr Clark) 'phoned me a few
minutes ago. Mrs...
Forum: Cat anecdotes January 14th 07, 03:40 AM Posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Replies: 37
Posted By Tish
Fat Cat gets busted

On Sat, 13 Jan 2007 19:58:04 -0600, John F. Eldredge
wrote:

On 13 Jan 2007 23:13:18 GMT, wrote:

Cheryl Perkins wrote:

Forum: Cat anecdotes January 9th 07, 09:12 AM Posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Replies: 128
Posted By Tish
Cats and Milk

On 9 Jan 2007 00:08:00 -0800, "Dewi" wrote:

Yowie wrote:

If you *wanted* to drink milk or eat other dairy products, you might find
that you are not allergic...
Forum: Cat anecdotes January 6th 07, 10:14 PM Posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Replies: 19
Posted By Tish
Stroke - OT

On 6 Jan 2007 12:57:54 -0800, wrote:

[stroke recognition advice regretfully snipped]

I wanted to add that stroke is NOT an "old person's illness." Anyone
can have a stroke at...
Forum: Cat anecdotes January 6th 07, 11:48 AM Posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Replies: 21
Posted By Tish
Purrs, please?

*Huge* congratulations to your Nathan for his award. I hope the
m-grain faries get bored with you and go away in good time for you to
get glammed up and enjoy the evening, basking in the...
Forum: Cat anecdotes January 3rd 07, 01:33 AM Posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Replies: 2
Posted By Tish
ping Britta and Helen

I hope that the wild weather heading towards WA (Western Australia,
not Washington!) does not cause you and harm or inconvenience. It
looks like it's going to be a doozy of a storm!

Tish
Forum: Cat anecdotes December 31st 06, 03:28 AM Posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Replies: 2
Posted By Tish
Potjie thanks

Thank you to everyone on RPCA for your messages of support and
kindness. I've directed Dad to RPCA so that he can read them for
himself (although cannot post, for some reason). He says "Thanks...
Forum: Cat anecdotes December 30th 06, 05:39 AM Posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Replies: 36
Posted By Tish
Potjie RB

I'm very, very upset to have to tell you that my father's much beloved
cat Potjie, a.k.a. Jet, died this morning.

Yesterday morning he was kicked whilst walking behind a cow (kicked by
a cow). My...
Forum: Cat anecdotes December 29th 06, 09:31 AM Posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Replies: 2
Posted By Tish
update: cat saves family from housefire

The evening TV news tonight had a followup story on the cat who saved
his family when the house burnt down. (original story:
http://www.abc.net.au/news/newsitems/200612/s1819071.htm)

The cat is a...
Forum: Cat anecdotes December 29th 06, 12:51 AM Posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Replies: 4
Posted By Tish
cat saves family from house fire

I think we can assume the cat survived. I expect they would have
reported it if the cat had "sacrificed" itself for the family. I hope
they treasure this puss for the rest of its life.

Tish

On 28...
Forum: Cat anecdotes December 28th 06, 10:47 PM Posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Replies: 4
Posted By Tish
cat saves family from house fire

In Cairns, northern Queensland, Australia:

http://www.abc.net.au/news/newsitems/200612/s1819071.htm
Forum: Cat anecdotes December 28th 06, 11:54 AM Posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Replies: 22
Posted By Tish
Spock's drug of choice

Neither of our cats respond to catnip. In fact, both seem to regard it
as noxious. Tonight I discovered, quite by chance, Spock's drug of
choice - bleach. We don't use much bleach because we have a...
Forum: Cat anecdotes December 27th 06, 10:06 PM Posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Replies: 36
Posted By Tish
Have you ever seen the Africam?

On Wed, 27 Dec 2006 15:29:24 -0500, "Matthew"
wrote:

"Christina Websell" wrote in message...
Forum: Cat anecdotes December 24th 06, 03:12 AM Posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Replies: 3
Posted By Tish
9 chickweed lane

made me laugh

http://www.comics.com/comics/chickweed/archive/chickweed-20061223.html
Forum: Cat anecdotes December 23rd 06, 03:32 AM Posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Replies: 1,354
Posted By Tish
weather in OZ

If I remember correctly, you're geographically close to my father, who
lives in Korumburra. He has been desperately worried about the fires
and his sinking tank water levels and really enjoyed the...
Forum: Cat anecdotes December 22nd 06, 08:13 AM Posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Replies: 14
Posted By Tish
A gift for Kenzie?

What a nice post.
I'm getting Spock and Persephone a tin of fancy feast turkey each
(they are tiny tins). I've never fed them fancy feast before, so I'll
be interested to see what they think of it. ...
Forum: Cat anecdotes December 22nd 06, 01:51 AM Posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Replies: 50
Posted By Tish
The can of Rice Cream [OT][BW]

On 21 Dec 2006 16:04:13 -0800, "Dewi" wrote:

Tish wrote:

Tish - peering through the future-glass and thinking "that will be me
soon enough; HELP"

Forum: Cat anecdotes December 22nd 06, 01:51 AM Posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Replies: 1,354
Posted By Tish
Can you spell frustration and do the walls have ears?

YAY Emmanuel. That man is well named!
I hope you both have a WONDERFUL couple of days at home with your
cats.

Tish

On 21 Dec 2006 16:44:27 -0800, "Lesley" wrote:

meeee...
Showing results 1 to 25 of 118