A cat forum. CatBanter

Showing results 1 to 25 of 54
Search took 0.00 seconds.
Search: Posts made by: Tigger[_2_]
Forum: Cat anecdotes January 3rd 21, 05:23 AM Posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Replies: 0
Posted By Tigger[_2_]
Is your cat cheating on you? ;)

https://www.bbc.com/news/stories-54710400

There's a well-known saying that goes, "You don't choose a cat, a cat
chooses you." So what should you do, asks Anisa Subedar, when a persistent
pussycat...
Forum: Cat anecdotes November 22nd 20, 06:08 AM Posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Replies: 1
Posted By Tigger[_2_]
The Earth Keeps Turning

jmcquown wrote:
Buffy, presumeably like most cats, gravitates towards puddles of
sunshine.Â* This time of year, she's not a happy camper.Â* The earth keeps
turning.Â* Early in the morning and...
Forum: Cat anecdotes October 27th 20, 07:55 PM Posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Replies: 3
Posted By Tigger[_2_]
Study confirms the role of slow half blink in cats in communication

jmcquown wrote:
On 10/20/2020 10:48 PM, Tigger wrote:
This has been anecdotaly know for some time (I even read somehting about
zoo workers
doing this to make big cats feel more at ease)....
Forum: Cat anecdotes October 23rd 20, 04:30 AM Posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Replies: 0
Posted By Tigger[_2_]
So much for cats' sixth sense

Video: earthquake wakes up several sleeping cats

https://www.bbc.com/news/av/world-asia-49274332

6.0 magnitude earthquake in Taiwan caught on night camera
Forum: Cat anecdotes October 21st 20, 03:48 AM Posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Replies: 3
Posted By Tigger[_2_]
Study confirms the role of slow half blink in cats in communication

This has been anecdotaly know for some time (I even read somehting about
zoo workers
doing this to make big cats feel more at ease). But now there's a...
Forum: Cat anecdotes October 20th 20, 07:02 PM Posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Replies: 0
Posted By Tigger[_2_]
Giant 2,000-Year-Old Cat Is Newly Discovered Addition To Peru’s Nazca Lines

https://www.iflscience.com/editors-blog/giant-2000yearold-cat-is-newly-discovered-addition-to-perus-nazca-lines/

Now, a new Nazca line etching has been discovered just as it was on the
brink...
Forum: Cat anecdotes June 6th 20, 05:19 AM Posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Replies: 1
Posted By Tigger[_2_]
Why the Tower of Pisa leans...

https://www.gocomics.com/freerange/2015/05/30
Forum: Cat anecdotes January 29th 20, 04:26 AM Posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Replies: 2
Posted By Tigger[_2_]
Map of the world with a cat drawn on it...

https://i.imgflip.com/3n574d.jpg

Hmmm...
Forum: Cat anecdotes December 15th 19, 10:28 PM Posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Replies: 7
Posted By Tigger[_2_]
Smokey doesn't understand

Bill Stock wrote:
Actually Smokey is selfish, but what do you expect from a Kat.

Grumpy old bill just had a knee replacement on Monday, which means I can't do some of Smokey's favourite...
Forum: Cat anecdotes December 15th 19, 10:23 PM Posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Replies: 3
Posted By Tigger[_2_]
Quick quiz: How good are you at reading your cat’s facial expressions?

https://www.sciencemag.org/news/2019/12/how-good-are-you-reading-your-cat-s-facial-expressions

There were eight pictures, I got seven right, one in the middle I
accidently clicked on next-picture...
Forum: Cat anecdotes April 21st 19, 04:13 AM Posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Replies: 2
Posted By Tigger[_2_]
"Does your cat know its name? Here’s how to find out"

jmcquown wrote:
On 4/7/2019 12:19 AM, Tigger wrote:
With short video. My cats are/were pretty good at coming when called by
their
name, even allowing for cat-itudes (pretend not to hear,...
Forum: Cat anecdotes April 7th 19, 05:19 AM Posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Replies: 2
Posted By Tigger[_2_]
"Does your cat know its name? Here’s how to find out"

With short video. My cats are/were pretty good at coming when called by their
name, even allowing for cat-itudes (pretend not to hear, then get up, for...
Forum: Cat anecdotes February 18th 19, 04:12 AM Posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Replies: 1
Posted By Tigger[_2_]
Good recent Garfield comic

Garfield is mildly amusing (to me), rarely anything knee slapping.

This one is (to me)

https://d1ejxu6vysztl5.cloudfront.net/comics/garfield/2019/2019-02-12.gif

Garfield: Cats are the smartest...
Forum: Cat anecdotes January 27th 19, 06:06 AM Posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Replies: 11
Posted By Tigger[_2_]
Cats are Not Anti-Social

On 2019-01-22 4:00 p.m., Judith Latham wrote:
In article , jmcquown

I've had a cat who wasn't cuddly and initially appeared to be unsociable.
Forum: Cat anecdotes January 27th 19, 05:59 AM Posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Replies: 2
Posted By Tigger[_2_]
The Savitsky cats

jmcquown wrote:
A video of trained cats:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DLU8H07StVk

Those are some fluffy, pretty and well trained cats :)

WHAT!? No self respecting cat would let a...
Forum: Cat anecdotes December 21st 18, 05:05 AM Posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Replies: 5
Posted By Tigger[_2_]
Mark Edwards address

jmcquown wrote:
On 12/20/2018 12:29 AM, Tigger wrote:
Mishi wrote:
On Tuesday, December 18, 2018 at 4:21:40 PM UTC-5, Jill McQuown wrote:
On 12/14/2018 8:30 AM, Mishi wrote:

Forum: Cat anecdotes December 20th 18, 06:29 AM Posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Replies: 5
Posted By Tigger[_2_]
Mark Edwards address

Mishi wrote:
On Tuesday, December 18, 2018 at 4:21:40 PM UTC-5, Jill McQuown wrote:
On 12/14/2018 8:30 AM, Mishi wrote:
Hello all,

Mark is having a rough time, and would appreciate...
Forum: Cat anecdotes September 28th 18, 04:25 AM Posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Replies: 6
Posted By Tigger[_2_]
Cats terrible for catching rats

https://www.wired.com/story/rats-vs-cats/

IN THE SUMMER of 2017, Michael Parsons found the urban rat haven of his
dreams: A Waste Management transfer station—aka a literal trash heap, aka
rat...
Forum: Cat anecdotes September 9th 18, 04:14 AM Posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Replies: 10
Posted By Tigger[_2_]
A Fun Play Session (pic)

joy wrote:
On 8/31/2018 1:40 PM, jmcquown wrote:
On 8/31/2018 3:18 PM, joy wrote:
On 8/30/2018 11:06 AM, Tina wrote:
On 28/08/2018 19:55, jmcquown wrote:

her paw. She got disgusted...
Forum: Cat anecdotes September 9th 18, 04:12 AM Posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Replies: 27
Posted By Tigger[_2_]
A mystery

joy wrote:
On 8/25/2018 8:07 PM, Tigger wrote:
joy wrote:
On 8/16/2018 7:55 PM, Tigger wrote:
joy wrote:
On 8/4/2018 7:34 PM, Tigger wrote:
Tina wrote:
On...
Forum: Cat anecdotes September 9th 18, 04:10 AM Posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Replies: 20
Posted By Tigger[_2_]
Skwirrel

Bill Stock wrote:
On Saturday, August 25, 2018 at 11:09:48 PM UTC-4, Tigger wrote:
Bill Stock wrote:

The black squirrel was back again today, but this time he was splayed out in the...
Forum: Cat anecdotes September 9th 18, 04:01 AM Posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Replies: 27
Posted By Tigger[_2_]
A mystery

Bill Stock wrote:
On Saturday, August 25, 2018 at 11:08:04 PM UTC-4, Tigger wrote:
Bill Stock wrote:
On Friday, August 17, 2018 at 1:34:20 AM UTC-4, joy wrote:
On 8/16/2018 7:55 PM,...
Forum: Cat anecdotes August 26th 18, 04:09 AM Posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Replies: 20
Posted By Tigger[_2_]
Skwirrel

Bill Stock wrote:

The black squirrel was back again today, but this time he was splayed out in the Cedar mulch. I was thinking that must be itchy on the stomach, but I guess even the squirrels...
Forum: Cat anecdotes August 26th 18, 04:08 AM Posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Replies: 27
Posted By Tigger[_2_]
A mystery

joy wrote:
On 8/4/2018 7:34 PM, Tigger wrote:
Tina wrote:
Forum: Cat anecdotes August 26th 18, 04:07 AM Posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Replies: 27
Posted By Tigger[_2_]
A mystery

joy wrote: