Showing results 1 to 25 of 500
Search took 0.02 seconds.
Search: Posts made by: Jane
Forum: Cat anecdotes December 9th 11, 12:02 PM Posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Replies: 27
Posted By Jane
Typical Archer

An attractive nuisance is exactly what I saw a couple of months ago.

Someone had fastened a HUGE stuffed gorilla to the top of their SUV, so it was sitting up and watching the road as they sped down...
Forum: Cat anecdotes November 21st 11, 07:36 PM Posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Replies: 6
Posted By Jane
OT - Good News

On Monday, November 21, 2011 12:15:51 PM UTC-5, CatNipped wrote:
The doctor emailed me that my liver ultrasound was normal.

Yay! I'm glad for you.

Jane
- owned and operated by the Princess Rita
Forum: Cat anecdotes November 16th 11, 12:09 PM Posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Replies: 12
Posted By Jane
It's got to be me

On Tuesday, November 15, 2011 9:23:28 AM UTC-5, CatNipped wrote:
In the five weeks I was gone there were posted about 4,300 "unread"
posts here that I still haven't caught up on. now that I'm...
Forum: Cat anecdotes November 14th 11, 12:00 PM Posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Replies: 17
Posted By Jane
r.p.c.a on Facebook

FB to me is useful in a number of non-cat related ways more than
anything- through it I've reconnected with friends from years ago
which is sometimes a sad thing (after all I'm almost 54 so...
Forum: Cat anecdotes November 8th 11, 07:54 PM Posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Replies: 31
Posted By Jane
(OT) The Lawyer Won't take my case

On Tuesday, November 8, 2011 1:32:38 PM UTC-5, Winnie wrote:
On Nov 8, 12:34*pm, "jmcquown" wrote:
I'm very upset. *They won't take my case against the HOA, not even to...
Forum: Cat anecdotes November 7th 11, 12:11 PM Posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Replies: 14
Posted By Jane
Foster babies - Pictures!!

On Saturday, November 5, 2011 12:11:29 AM UTC-4, (unknown) wrote:
Here are the promised pictures of my two foster kittens (who I have
provisionally named "Dora" and "Mama's Boy"). My friend Stef...
Forum: Cat anecdotes September 29th 11, 03:17 PM Posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Replies: 4
Posted By Jane
My (Not So) Little Cathlete

On Wednesday, September 28, 2011 11:56:59 PM UTC-4, CatNipped wrote:

It's a good thing the tall tree has a very, very large base - in truth I
don't think it will ever fall over, but it...
Forum: Cat anecdotes September 27th 11, 06:05 PM Posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Replies: 1
Posted By Jane
That mean milk ring!

Last night Rita wandered into the bedroom with me, so I could brush my teeth and go to bed, and the milk ring was sitting on the floor, minding its own business. Rita sniffed at it and walked away....
Forum: Cat anecdotes September 26th 11, 10:56 AM Posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Replies: 4
Posted By Jane
Persia's Got the Zoomies!

I think Persia and Rita were playing somehow. Rita had the zoomies at the same time. Very weird.

Jane
- owned and operated by the Princess Rita
Forum: Cat anecdotes September 23rd 11, 11:00 AM Posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Replies: 2
Posted By Jane
Archer Pictures

He's SO beautiful!! It's easy to see why you treasure him.

Jane
- owned and operated by the Princess Rita
Forum: Cat anecdotes September 22nd 11, 02:35 PM Posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Replies: 43
Posted By Jane
Am I Crazy

On Wednesday, September 21, 2011 6:31:12 PM UTC-4, CatNipped wrote:

I quit 7 or 8 years ago and I never cough except for the rare cold. Ben
coughs and clears his throat constantly!

--...
Forum: Cat anecdotes September 22nd 11, 11:17 AM Posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Replies: 5
Posted By Jane
The lure of the milk bottle ring

Okay, I've heard so much about the infamous milk bottle rings, but I never had one to test. But, last night I opened up another bottle of distilled water, and whaddyaknow? there's a ring! So I...
Forum: Cat anecdotes September 21st 11, 11:12 AM Posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Replies: 96
Posted By Jane
OT - Food You Can't Resist

On Thursday, September 1, 2011 8:06:38 PM UTC-4, CatNipped wrote:

Some people think it's odd that I love onions so much. "Sonic" makes
wonderful fried onion rings, BTW. Whenever we broil or...
Forum: Cat anecdotes September 14th 11, 11:00 AM Posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Replies: 27
Posted By Jane
The Princess Rita is ailing

Well, for the first time in about a week, the Princess Rita woke me up meowing for her breakfast. Whew! This is a sign that she's ALL BETTER NOW.

Yes, she got breakfast. I'm nothing if not a...
Forum: Cat anecdotes September 12th 11, 11:03 AM Posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Replies: 27
Posted By Jane
The Princess Rita is ailing

On Friday, September 9, 2011 5:55:30 PM UTC-4, Arthur Shapiro wrote:
In article , wrote:
I was right! ...
Forum: Cat anecdotes September 9th 11, 12:03 PM Posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Replies: 27
Posted By Jane
The Princess Rita is ailing

Oh, and I forgot to mention that she picked up a boyfriend at the vet's!! Barney, the shop cat, decided that he LIKED her a lot, and kept rolling over on the bench and rubbing on her carrier. Rita...
Forum: Cat anecdotes September 9th 11, 11:14 AM Posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Replies: 27
Posted By Jane
The Princess Rita is ailing

I was right! The Princess Rita has a little cold. Her temperature was slightly elevated (103 degrees), and there was just the tiniest bit of congestion, but I caught it really early. I was given...
Forum: Cat anecdotes September 8th 11, 11:01 AM Posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Replies: 27
Posted By Jane
The Princess Rita is ailing

I'm leaving work early today to take her to the vet. She started sneezing yesterday, and last night she sneezed off and on most of the night, while I lay awake worrying about her. She didn't climb...
Forum: Cat anecdotes September 6th 11, 11:14 AM Posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Replies: 32
Posted By Jane
OT - Household Chores?

On Thursday, September 1, 2011 6:55:00 PM UTC-4, CatNipped wrote:

The chore I love doing is laundry. I *love* the smell of fresh linen, I
love the feel of soft, fluffy towels. If it were...
Forum: Cat anecdotes August 30th 11, 06:41 PM Posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Replies: 57
Posted By Jane
I just don't get some people

On Tuesday, August 30, 2011 1:17:16 PM UTC-4, Pat wrote:

They apparently took the kitten indoors last night (saw them out there will
the light on) and she is not in the carrier now (but it is...
Forum: Cat anecdotes August 30th 11, 02:23 PM Posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Replies: 2
Posted By Jane
All 11 Dr. Who doctors illustrated as cats!

On Tuesday, August 23, 2011 7:31:18 PM UTC-4, news wrote:
Too cute:

http://icanhascheezburger.files.wordpress.com/2011/08/dmjennyparks.jpeg

I've got that as a mousepad. Present from a friend...
Forum: Cat anecdotes August 29th 11, 11:11 AM Posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Replies: 117
Posted By Jane
OT - Opera

On Monday, August 29, 2011 12:56:38 AM UTC-4, [no name] wrote:

That's terrible! How long ago did this start? I'm wondering if it's very
recent, and if so, maybe the effect is only temporary....
Forum: Cat anecdotes August 26th 11, 02:22 PM Posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Replies: 117
Posted By Jane
OT - Opera

***

Yes, that's another type of sensitivity. I am very definitely sensitive to
loud noises. I can enjoy most kinds of music if it is played at a
resaonable volume, but I'd feel the...
Forum: Cat anecdotes August 24th 11, 11:00 AM Posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Replies: 28
Posted By Jane
Virginia quake?

On Tuesday, August 23, 2011 5:36:29 PM UTC-4, MLB wrote:
Does anyone have firs thand news about the Virginia earthquake? 5.9 is
a [pretty good shake. That is where My eldest grandson and his...
Forum: Cat anecdotes August 19th 11, 11:04 AM Posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Replies: 78
Posted By Jane
(OT) Just out of Curiosity: Middle Names

It's the tradition in my family to name the oldest daughter after both grandmothers. Therefore, I am Jane Mildred - Jane, after my father's mother, and Mildred after my mother's mother.

First of...
Showing results 1 to 25 of 500