Posted By Bill Graham
Reducing dust from cat litter

dgk wrote:
On Sat, 30 Nov 2013 13:08:01 -0500, "Matthew"
wrote:

"Rhino" wrote in message
Forum: Cat health & behaviour December 5th 13, 08:18 AM Posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav
Replies: 6
Posted By Bill Graham
Reducing dust from cat litter

Rhino wrote:
On 2013-11-30 1:08 PM, Matthew wrote:
"Rhino" wrote in message
I recently started using supermarket...
Forum: Cat health & behaviour December 1st 13, 12:10 AM Posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav
Replies: 2
Posted By Bill Graham
Live Healthy: Prevent Osteoporosis after Menopause

Nikhil Jain wrote:
Menopause, the natural cessation of menstruation that usually occurs
between the ages of 45 and 55, can increase a woman’s risk of
developing osteoporosis, a condition in...
Forum: Cat health & behaviour December 1st 13, 12:06 AM Posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav
Replies: 3
Posted By Bill Graham
High Dietary Acid Increases the Risk of Type 2 Diabetes in Women

Nikhil Jain wrote:
According to a recent study published in the journal Diabetologia, a
diet rich in acidic foods such as, meat, fish, and soda increases the
risk of type 2 diabetes in...
Forum: Cat health & behaviour November 29th 13, 11:52 PM Posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav
Replies: 16
Posted By Bill Graham
Ammonium Chloride

wrote:
Ammonium Chloride (NH4CI), inorganic, colorless crystal component
that is soluble in water. It comes from the reaction of hydrochloric
acid and ammonia. The...
Forum: Cat health & behaviour November 24th 13, 09:23 PM Posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav
Replies: 9
Posted By Bill Graham
Seven week old kitten's using 100+ quart Sterilite box for litter box

MaryL wrote:
"Bill Graham" wrote in message

buglady wrote:
On 10/16/2013 5:41 AM, Kelley Greene wrote:

My cats took to the...
Forum: Cat health & behaviour November 23rd 13, 03:20 AM Posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav
Replies: 5
Posted By Bill Graham
Too many stray animals

IBen Getiner wrote:
On Wednesday, October 30, 2013 1:05:31 PM UTC-4, John Doe wrote:
What does your city do about stray animals?

They put them to sleep. What else are they going to do?...
Forum: Cat health & behaviour November 6th 13, 01:42 AM Posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav
Replies: 5
Posted By Bill Graham
TITERS--Dr. W. Jean Dodds Interviews

buglady wrote:
On 11/5/2013 5:47 PM, Bill Graham wrote:
Kris L. Christine wrote:
Dr. Karen Becker's article & interview with Dr. W. Jean Dodds on
veterinary antibody titers: ...
Forum: Cat health & behaviour November 5th 13, 11:47 PM Posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav

Kris L. Christine wrote:
Dr. Karen Becker's article & interview with Dr. W. Jean Dodds on
veterinary antibody titers: http://tinyurl.com/nvj4s5m

-"Dr. Dodds explained that certain diseases...
Forum: Cat health & behaviour November 3rd 13, 09:01 AM Posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav
Replies: 5
Posted By Bill Graham
Where to buy cat food online? (in USA, not Petco, Petsmart, or Amazon)

buglady wrote:
On 11/1/2013 4:35 PM, John Doe wrote:
Any suggestions for where to buy cat food online? In the USA, but
not Petco, Petsmart, or Amazon.

I've used www.petfooddirect.com in...
Forum: Cat health & behaviour October 31st 13, 06:31 PM Posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav
Replies: 11
Posted By Bill Graham
Safe bug spray?

T wrote:
In article , weg9
@comcast.net says...

buglady wrote:
On 10/28/2013 2:13 PM, Rhino wrote:

I'll have to see if the local...
Forum: Cat health & behaviour October 31st 13, 06:28 PM Posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav
Replies: 11
Posted By Bill Graham
Safe bug spray?

chaniarts wrote:
On 10/29/2013 2:48 PM, Bill Graham wrote:
buglady wrote:
On 10/28/2013 2:13 PM, Rhino wrote:

I'll have to see if the local university has an
entomologist. I'm...
Forum: Cat health & behaviour October 29th 13, 10:48 PM Posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav
Replies: 11
Posted By Bill Graham
Safe bug spray?

buglady wrote:
On 10/28/2013 2:13 PM, Rhino wrote:

I'll have to see if the local university has an
entomologist. I'm not sure how reliable pest control companies are in
determining what...
Forum: Cat health & behaviour October 27th 13, 03:06 AM Posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav
Replies: 3
Posted By Bill Graham
A Jewish cat?

On 2013-10-20 6:41 PM, Bill Graham wrote:
One of my cats, (Maggie) loves lox and cream cheese. Bagels? - Not so
much. but 2 out of 3 ain't bad.

Does she honour the Sabbath...
Forum: Cat health & behaviour October 27th 13, 03:04 AM Posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav
Replies: 11
Posted By Bill Graham
Safe bug spray?

Rhino wrote:
I've got a problem in my new apartment (which is in an old building)
with respect to bugs and am looking for some way of eliminating them
that won't harm my two senior cats.

I...
Forum: Cat health & behaviour October 27th 13, 02:57 AM Posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav
Replies: 4
Posted By Bill Graham
Question about skin cancer in white cats

wrote:
My white cat has developed a darkening of her nose (see other post).
I'm told white cats are prone to skin cancer.

I never let her outside but she does lay in a sunny...
Forum: Cat health & behaviour October 27th 13, 02:54 AM Posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav
Replies: 9
Posted By Bill Graham
Dark, crusty area on nose

wrote:
BTW - I have always kept ALL my cats indoors and always will.

All of us can't do that. In my case, they were all feral or just wandered in
from who knows where, and only...
Forum: Cat health & behaviour October 22nd 13, 02:38 AM Posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav
Replies: 9
Posted By Bill Graham
Dark, crusty area on nose

wrote:
My white cat's nose had a small dark spot on it for a couple of
months. I couldn't feel anything and didn't worry about it.
Recently it got larger and now she has...

wrote:
My white cat's nose had a small dark spot on it for a couple of
months. I couldn't feel anything and didn't worry about it.
Recently it got larger and now she has...
Forum: Cat health & behaviour October 20th 13, 11:41 PM Posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav
Replies: 3
Posted By Bill Graham
A Jewish cat?

One of my cats, (Maggie) loves lox and cream cheese. Bagels? - Not so much.
but 2 out of 3 ain't bad.
Forum: Cat health & behaviour October 20th 13, 07:24 PM Posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav
Replies: 5
Posted By Bill Graham
Wellness not as good as it used to be?

Bill Graham wrote:
wrote:
On Wednesday, October 16, 2013 12:27:45 PM UTC-4, buglady wrote:
On 10/15/2013 12:01 PM,

My local pet store owner told me that Wellness...
Forum: Cat health & behaviour October 16th 13, 11:07 PM Posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav

wrote:
On Wednesday, October 16, 2013 12:27:45 PM UTC-4, buglady wrote:
On 10/15/2013 12:01 PM,

My local pet store owner told me that Wellness is no longer the
high...
Forum: Cat health & behaviour October 16th 13, 07:37 PM Posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav

buglady wrote:
On 10/16/2013 5:41 AM, Kelley Greene wrote:

My cats took to the totes right off. I just put the litter in them
and placed them where they're old letterboxes were. :)

Forum: Cat health & behaviour October 5th 13, 06:42 AM Posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav
Replies: 14
Posted By Bill Graham
Feline Breast Cancer (Post-surgery)

KLopez wrote:
Does anyone have experience with low white blood cell counts and
chemotherapy?
Did WBC fall then rise?
Do you think chemotherapy was worth it (health and happiness of the
cat,...
Forum: Cat health & behaviour September 29th 13, 05:50 AM Posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav
Replies: 9
Posted By Bill Graham
Seven week old kitten's using 100+ quart Sterilite box for litter box

Kelly Greene wrote:
"John Doe" wrote in message
The sides are pretty tall, but they can jump. Seems they already
prefer the huge...
Showing results 1 to 25 of 500