A cat forum. CatBanter

Showing results 1 to 25 of 500
Search took 2.32 seconds.
Search: Posts made by: jmcquown[_2_]
Forum: Cat anecdotes August 16th 19, 04:44 PM Posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Replies: 3
Posted By jmcquown[_2_]
Wailing technique change

On 8/16/2019 8:13 AM, Judith Latham wrote:
When she wanted to come back inside, Sootie has always sat on the step
outside our patio door and if we haven't noticed wailed to let us know.
which...
Forum: Cat anecdotes August 2nd 19, 11:07 PM Posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Replies: 5
Posted By jmcquown[_2_]
New York just banned cat declawing. It's the first state tooutlaw the procedure

On 7/25/2019 8:20 AM, Judith Latham wrote:
In article , Auric Hellman
wrote:

Wonderful news!!

Forum: Cat anecdotes July 29th 19, 11:09 PM Posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Replies: 3
Posted By jmcquown[_2_]
Buffy found a new place to sit

On 7/28/2019 11:47 PM, Bill Nak wrote:
What a great pic, Jill!

Thanks! I was surprised it came out so well since I couldn't even tell
if she was in the frame, much less in focus. Got lucky!...
Forum: Cat anecdotes July 29th 19, 12:19 AM Posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Replies: 3
Posted By jmcquown[_2_]
Buffy found a new place to sit

She climbed up on the back of my desk chair while I was sitting in it.
I grabbed the camera and voila!

https://i.postimg.cc/wjSLbXMk/buffyperch.jpg

I guess this is what it would look like if cats...
Forum: Cat anecdotes July 27th 19, 01:16 AM Posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Replies: 5
Posted By jmcquown[_2_]
Ravenous kitties

On 7/26/2019 9:25 AM, Dan Mahoney wrote:
Persia *yowled* at the mere sight of a cat out the window. Or on *her*
private patio. How dare you! She literally crashed through a screen
door to...
Forum: Cat anecdotes July 23rd 19, 09:11 PM Posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Replies: 5
Posted By jmcquown[_2_]
Now that Helen and Dan have come back...

On 7/23/2019 2:54 PM, Dan Mahoney wrote:
On Thursday, July 18, 2019 at 5:02:30 PM UTC-5, ann wrote:
We have an air conditioner in our bedroom. Some times Lucy Lu will come
in as we have a cat...
Forum: Cat anecdotes July 23rd 19, 08:53 PM Posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Replies: 5
Posted By jmcquown[_2_]
Ravenous kitties

On 7/23/2019 3:03 PM, Dan Mahoney wrote:
We feed our kitties both dry food and wet food. We leave dry food down so they can graze (but have to put it in a puzzle bowl to keep Ranger from scarfing...
Forum: Cat anecdotes July 23rd 19, 06:53 PM Posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Replies: 4
Posted By jmcquown[_2_]
A bit about Trixie

On 7/21/2019 2:54 AM, Helen Wheels wrote:
Trixie, my older cat, is slowly getting used to sharing her house with a
younger cat. She was six years old when I adopted her from the local
Forum: Cat anecdotes July 23rd 19, 02:15 AM Posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Replies: 4
Posted By jmcquown[_2_]
A slight Ooops

On 7/20/2019 8:32 AM, Judith Latham wrote:
In article , jmcquown
wrote:
On 7/19/2019 2:45 PM, Judith Latham wrote:
In article...
Forum: Cat anecdotes July 23rd 19, 02:00 AM Posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Replies: 3
Posted By jmcquown[_2_]
Fun With Buffy

On 7/20/2019 8:28 AM, Judith Latham wrote:
In article ,
jmcquown wrote:
I always know when she wants to play because she starts...
Forum: Cat anecdotes July 20th 19, 02:05 AM Posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Replies: 3
Posted By jmcquown[_2_]
Fun With Buffy

I always know when she wants to play because she starts batting golf
balls around. I sometimes rue the day I ever gave her a golf ball to
play with.

There are cat toys all over my living room. A...
Forum: Cat anecdotes July 19th 19, 11:52 PM Posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Replies: 4
Posted By jmcquown[_2_]
A slight Ooops

On 7/19/2019 2:45 PM, Judith Latham wrote:
In article ,
jmcquown wrote:
I have been doing some house cleaning today. Got out the...
Forum: Cat anecdotes July 19th 19, 01:16 AM Posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Replies: 6
Posted By jmcquown[_2_]
Anyone hear from Joy?

On 7/18/2019 7:15 PM, Tina wrote:
On 23/05/2019 16:03, jmcquown wrote:
I haven't seen a post from her in quite a while and am hoping she went
to the Facebook group instead.

Jill

Forum: Cat anecdotes July 18th 19, 08:41 PM Posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Replies: 5
Posted By jmcquown[_2_]
Now that Helen and Dan have come back...

everyone has left the newsgroup? I could keep constantly talking about
Buffy but I sure don't like feeling like I'm talking to myself.

Anyone got any anecdotes to share? Cats haven't stopped...
Forum: Cat anecdotes July 10th 19, 08:33 PM Posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Replies: 4
Posted By jmcquown[_2_]
A slight Ooops

I have been doing some house cleaning today. Got out the big sucky
monster, which of course Buffy hates. She ran and hid.

I picked up her little cushy pyramid bed and took out out front. To...
Forum: Cat anecdotes June 30th 19, 03:20 PM Posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Replies: 2
Posted By jmcquown[_2_]
Floki is getting very grabby

On 6/30/2019 9:24 AM, Helen Wheels wrote:
Floki the kitten's going through a grabby stage now. Whatever I've got
in my hand, he wants it and grabs it with his little paw if he can.

I want...
Forum: Cat anecdotes June 29th 19, 05:58 PM Posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Replies: 5
Posted By jmcquown[_2_]
Black water animal?

On 6/29/2019 12:21 PM, Bill Stock wrote:
Sorry, for being away so long, but I've been in the bush. OK, not really, but the creek trail is as close as I get.

Anyway, I was walking over on of...
Forum: Cat anecdotes June 26th 19, 11:32 PM Posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Replies: 5
Posted By jmcquown[_2_]
Lynxie and Annie

On 6/26/2019 11:59 AM, wrote:
When I got Lynxie in 2002, this newsgroup was a source of support for me as a new cat owner. I posted and shared his photos and stories.

As...
Forum: Cat anecdotes June 26th 19, 11:27 PM Posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Replies: 4
Posted By jmcquown[_2_]
Sudden Improvement in Relationship

On 6/26/2019 11:43 AM, Judith Latham wrote:
In article ,
Cheryl wrote:
I have mentioned before about the trials and tribulations of...
Forum: Cat anecdotes June 26th 19, 11:14 PM Posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Replies: 4
Posted By jmcquown[_2_]
Sudden Improvement in Relationship

On 6/25/2019 7:34 AM, Cheryl wrote:
I have mentioned before about the trials and tribulations of introducing
Kerry to the resident ruler of the apartment, Cinnamon. I brought Kerry
home in...
Forum: Cat anecdotes June 21st 19, 10:17 PM Posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Replies: 3
Posted By jmcquown[_2_]
Buffy and the Steps (pics)

On 6/20/2019 8:37 AM, Dan Mahoney wrote:
She is so beautiful!

I agree! :)

Jill
Forum: Cat anecdotes June 15th 19, 09:07 PM Posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Replies: 16
Posted By jmcquown[_2_]
Forgot to post about Buffy's Anniversary

On 6/15/2019 3:04 PM, cshenk wrote:
Bill Nak wrote:

YW Jill!

Pi and Eddy's ages are just estimates from the rescue.

I remember Buffy's story from when you got her. I was very...
Forum: Cat anecdotes June 14th 19, 09:29 PM Posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Replies: 3
Posted By jmcquown[_2_]
Buffy and the Steps (pics)

I did a little something unusual today. I have some carpeted pet steps
in the window in the corner of my dining room. Buffy likes to sit and
look out that window. Oh, but the earth turned and...
Forum: Cat anecdotes June 8th 19, 07:00 AM Posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Replies: 16
Posted By jmcquown[_2_]
Forgot to post about Buffy's Anniversary

On 6/8/2019 1:22 AM, Helen Wheels wrote:
On 7/06/2019 7:08 AM, jmcquown wrote:
On June 2, 2015, I adopted Buffy. Wow, where did the time go? She went
from being a timid cat who expected...
Forum: Cat anecdotes June 7th 19, 06:01 PM Posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Replies: 16
Posted By jmcquown[_2_]
Forgot to post about Buffy's Anniversary

On 6/7/2019 12:19 PM, Bill Nak wrote:
Happy adoption day to Buffy!

Thank you, Bill!

Coincidentally, my Pirate and Eddy were also adopted on June 2nd, but in
2017 at ages 7 and 8.

I'm not...
Showing results 1 to 25 of 500

Forum Jump