Showing results 1 to 20 of 20
Search took 0.60 seconds.
Search: Posts made by: jmagerl[_2_]
Forum: Cat health & behaviour November 26th 07, 03:22 AM Posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav
Replies: 9
Posted By jmagerl[_2_]
Cats and winter cold

The neighbors cats (2) got lost in a snow storm once and started living in
my window well. I took pity on them when the temp hit 0 but even at 0 they
were still toasty warm (I picked them up once...
Forum: Cat health & behaviour November 22nd 07, 03:56 PM Posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav
Replies: 26
Posted By jmagerl[_2_]
Kitten Biting

Simply stop playing with kitty when the biting starts. He will learn soon
enough that playtime is over if he bites.

Mr. Bonkers learned quite early that the hand was not for playing (petting,...
Forum: Cat health & behaviour November 14th 07, 03:12 AM Posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav
Replies: 11
Posted By jmagerl[_2_]
Can cats tell time?

We have an automatic feeder set to dispense dry food 4 times a day. Mr.
Bonkers is at the bowl 5 minutes before it dispenses. Each and every time.
Regular as clockwork. I dont know how he does it....
Forum: Cat health & behaviour October 27th 07, 02:55 PM Posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav
Replies: 9
Posted By jmagerl[_2_]
best drinking fountains?

Can you provide a link to your "aquarium" filters. I find the drinkwell
filters too expensive.

A tip: I find it very difficult to remove the motor so I can put the bowl in
the dishwasher. So I...
Forum: Cat health & behaviour October 8th 07, 07:41 PM Posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav
Replies: 30
Posted By jmagerl[_2_]
How to treat a cat when she throws up?

Cat Grass is nothing more than oats or wheat. When sprouted its called oat
grass or wheat grass. I go down to the local horse/farm store and there are
always leaky bags of horse feed. I scoop up a...
Forum: Cat health & behaviour October 1st 07, 02:00 PM Posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav
Replies: 15
Posted By jmagerl[_2_]
How to keep cats off of tables?

Don't do what we did.
After the 40th time of taking Mr. Bonkers off the table and putting him on
his chair, we would open the door to the three season room and he would go
out there and leave us to...
Forum: Cat health & behaviour September 19th 07, 03:21 AM Posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav
Replies: 11
Posted By jmagerl[_2_]
Do cats have a predisposition toward hating dogs?

Taking it the other way: We thought we were really going to have troubles
when we brought Mr. Bonkers home and introduced him to Chipper the
cockatiel. Its been 4 years now and the two hit it off...
Forum: Cat health & behaviour September 14th 07, 03:32 PM Posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav
Replies: 10
Posted By jmagerl[_2_]
Grass in butt

MR. Bonkers is also a grass obsessed cat. And like you I have also had to
pull grass from his butt, Never more than an inch. HE has never had any ill
effects that I could see. On the plus side, I...
Forum: Cat health & behaviour September 3rd 07, 04:37 PM Posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav,alt.pets.rabbits
Replies: 2
Posted By jmagerl[_2_]
Not cat nor rabbit but cute.

give it another shot and wait a long time. I have DSL and it still took 28
sec to load. Who knows how many minutes it takes for dial up.
"James" wrote in message...
Forum: Cat health & behaviour August 30th 07, 08:18 PM Posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav
Replies: 17
Posted By jmagerl[_2_]
WHy are some cats evil?

Mr. Bonkers is an indoor cat but he has access to a screened in patio where
he watches the world go by. Occasionally a stray cat will wander through and
they will immediately be buddys or he will...
Forum: Cat health & behaviour August 19th 07, 03:49 PM Posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav
Replies: 2
Posted By jmagerl[_2_]
Mosiquito bites

This is turning into a first class mosquito year for us in Chicago burbs
with all the rain. I'm feeling very sorry for all the outdoor cats and dogs.
Should I be? Do cats and dogs get mosquito...
Forum: Cat health & behaviour August 7th 07, 10:42 PM Posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav
Replies: 9
Posted By jmagerl[_2_]
my oldest cat won't look at me

From the book "What is my cat thinking" by G. Bailey
"Cats stare to threaten each other and prolongd eye contact can cause all
cats, trusting or not , to worry and move away"

So I guess she doesn't...
Forum: Cat health & behaviour August 1st 07, 05:17 PM Posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav
Replies: 18
Posted By jmagerl[_2_]
Stop, Drop & Roll

IS this some kind of normal behavior? BEcause Mr. Bonkers does the same
thing. When you come into the room he comes over and then thuds into the
floor. We call him Mr. Ploppers. Usually he wants a...
Forum: Cat health & behaviour July 11th 07, 03:54 AM Posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav
Replies: 17
Posted By jmagerl[_2_]
Kitties and Company

Mr. Bonkers is a guard cat. No hiding for him. The doorbell rings and he's
right there waiting to claw anybody that invades his territory. A good sniff
and if he doesn't like you, your shredded. We...
Forum: Cat health & behaviour June 30th 07, 07:14 PM Posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav
Replies: 10
Posted By jmagerl[_2_]
Choice of vomit location

The obvious answer is to put your blanket on the floor :)

MR. Bonkers likes to throw up on the wall to wall carpeting. Be thankful
yours likes something that can be thrown in the wash. Otherwise...
Forum: Cat health & behaviour June 15th 07, 10:07 PM Posted to alt.pets.cats,rec.pets.cats.anecdotes,rec.pets.cats.health+behav,alt.support.childfree
Replies: 18
Posted By jmagerl[_2_]
Weirdest thing your cat has killed?

"dgk" wrote in message
On Thu, 14 Jun 2007 15:00:24 -0700, Anne wrote:

On Jun 13, 12:16 pm, Hook...
Forum: Cat anecdotes June 15th 07, 10:07 PM Posted to alt.pets.cats,rec.pets.cats.anecdotes,rec.pets.cats.health+behav,alt.support.childfree
Replies: 22

"dgk" wrote in message
On Thu, 14 Jun 2007 15:00:24 -0700, Anne wrote:

On Jun 13, 12:16 pm, Hook...
Forum: Cat health & behaviour June 10th 07, 08:18 PM Posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav
Replies: 14
Posted By jmagerl[_2_]
Main Coon - Needs help with her fur

Mr Bonkers reacted very strongly to the type of brush used. He would not
allow himself to be touched with a what I would call a hair brush (synthetic
bristels, not unlike a human hair brush), One...
Forum: Cat health & behaviour May 18th 07, 02:03 PM Posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav
Replies: 49
Posted By jmagerl[_2_]
can cats learn words?

I'm convinced they also can tell time. I have a automatic feeder and 2
minutes before it goes off (several times a day) Mr. Bonkers is sitting
there staring at the bowl. How does he know?

Mr....
Forum: Cat health & behaviour May 9th 07, 04:39 PM Posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav
Replies: 14
Posted By jmagerl[_2_]
Laser pointer as cat toy?

Mr. Bonkers loves laser pointers but only if I put one of the lenses on it.
He seems to be most playfull with the Skull lense. A red dot just doesn't do
it for him. I want a mouse lense. Got mine...
Showing results 1 to 20 of 20