A cat forum. CatBanter

Showing results 1 to 25 of 76
Search took 0.01 seconds.
Search: Posts made by: Bill Stock[_2_]
Forum: Cat anecdotes April 3rd 19, 12:25 AM Posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Replies: 0
Posted By Bill Stock[_2_]
Smokey has discovered the freezer

Smokey has always known that the fridge is the food box. A few months ago we bought a new upright freezer to replace the aging chest freezer in the basement, but it would not go down the basement...
Forum: Cat anecdotes March 26th 19, 05:07 PM Posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Replies: 7
Posted By Bill Stock[_2_]
The Raccoon and the Possum

On Tuesday, March 26, 2019 at 11:58:03 AM UTC-4, Jill McQuown wrote:
On 3/25/2019 9:22 PM, Bill Stock wrote:
I've mentioned that we leave food out for a couple of strays and the wildlife...
Forum: Cat anecdotes March 26th 19, 01:22 AM Posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Replies: 7
Posted By Bill Stock[_2_]
The Raccoon and the Possum

I've mentioned that we leave food out for a couple of strays and the wildlife sometimes gets into it. But the other night I turned on the light and I see a large Raccoon and a Possum at the same...
Forum: Cat anecdotes March 26th 19, 01:03 AM Posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Replies: 1
Posted By Bill Stock[_2_]
Smokey knows Alexa, but Alexa doesn't know what a cat is

I mentioned a few weeks ago that our furnace blew out and we had to get it replaced. So I bought a new thermostat that does humidity and temperature control. It also comes with Alexa built in, so I...
Forum: Cat anecdotes March 26th 19, 12:16 AM Posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Replies: 9
Posted By Bill Stock[_2_]
Buffy Now Waits on the Cat Steps in the Dining Room

On Thursday, March 14, 2019 at 8:13:23 PM UTC-4, Jill McQuown wrote:
When I come home from work and she hears the automatic garage door go
up, she looks out the dining room window from the cat...
Forum: Cat anecdotes March 24th 19, 10:36 PM Posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Replies: 9
Posted By Bill Stock[_2_]
Buffy Now Waits on the Cat Steps in the Dining Room

On Thursday, March 14, 2019 at 8:13:23 PM UTC-4, Jill McQuown wrote:
When I come home from work and she hears the automatic garage door go
up, she looks out the dining room window from the cat...
Forum: Cat anecdotes March 13th 19, 01:36 AM Posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Replies: 2
Posted By Bill Stock[_2_]
The third thing

I found out last week that I need knee surgery. This is not exactly a surprise, as they should have done it two years ago, but the first surgeon was a tool. This will mean six months of rehab.

On...
Forum: Cat anecdotes March 13th 19, 01:12 AM Posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Replies: 0
Posted By Bill Stock[_2_]
A fish story

My larger Koi has learned to beg. This is not new to me, my Goldfish used to beg a lot. But it's more amusing when 12" of fish is dancing for you. She has also started to come to the top of the tank...
Forum: Cat anecdotes March 7th 19, 02:06 PM Posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Replies: 1
Posted By Bill Stock[_2_]
Gentleman

We've been leaving food out for a couple of strays lately, but a rather large Raccoon has been showing up for dinner. The odd thing is that he has been leaving small amounts of food, which he could...
Forum: Cat anecdotes March 7th 19, 01:59 PM Posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Replies: 2
Posted By Bill Stock[_2_]
Smokey is a robot

Several times now she has got in my face just before the alarm goes off. I wish my internal clock was that accurate. So if she's a robot, how do you explain the stinky poops in the box?
Forum: Cat anecdotes March 7th 19, 01:55 PM Posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Replies: 11
Posted By Bill Stock[_2_]
Cats are Not Anti-Social

On Friday, January 18, 2019 at 7:56:31 PM UTC-5, Jill McQuown wrote:
Scientific study (and personal experience) proves, cats are not anti-social:

Forum: Cat anecdotes March 7th 19, 01:50 PM Posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Replies: 2
Posted By Bill Stock[_2_]
Several Days Old Story about a Tiger

On Friday, February 15, 2019 at 10:12:33 AM UTC-5, Jill McQuown wrote:
A tiger was found in the garage of an abandoned house in Houston, Texas,
a few days ago. The person who discovered the...
Forum: Cat anecdotes September 30th 18, 03:50 AM Posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Replies: 5
Posted By Bill Stock[_2_]
Scardy Cat! (Buffy)

On Saturday, September 29, 2018 at 8:40:50 PM UTC-4, Jill McQuown wrote:
I don't really understand. There are usually afternoon thunderstorms
starting around May every year. It's typical for...
Forum: Cat anecdotes September 28th 18, 09:05 PM Posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Replies: 6
Posted By Bill Stock[_2_]
Cats terrible for catching rats

On Thursday, September 27, 2018 at 11:25:20 PM UTC-4, Tigger wrote:
https://www.wired.com/story/rats-vs-cats/

IN THE SUMMER of 2017, Michael Parsons found the urban rat haven of his
dreams:...
Forum: Cat anecdotes September 28th 18, 08:53 PM Posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Replies: 7
Posted By Bill Stock[_2_]
Smokey meets the Dawg

On Friday, September 28, 2018 at 3:07:56 PM UTC-4, joy wrote:
On 9/28/2018 11:19 AM, Judith Latham wrote:
In article , Bill
Stock ...
Forum: Cat anecdotes September 28th 18, 12:13 AM Posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Replies: 7
Posted By Bill Stock[_2_]
Smokey meets the Dawg

The relatives arrived today and brought a couple of their dawgs, because they had a sitter issue. Fortunately the large Bulldog stayed in the car (no it was not hot today), but the miniature BD came...
Forum: Cat anecdotes September 28th 18, 12:00 AM Posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Replies: 3
Posted By Bill Stock[_2_]
Seasons Changing

On Wednesday, September 26, 2018 at 12:30:00 PM UTC-4, Jill McQuown wrote:
This happens every year. Buffy keeps trying to find the comfy snooze
spot in the sun. She follows it around on the...
Forum: Cat anecdotes September 27th 18, 11:59 PM Posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Replies: 3
Posted By Bill Stock[_2_]
Seasons Changing

On Wednesday, September 26, 2018 at 12:30:00 PM UTC-4, Jill McQuown wrote:
This happens every year. Buffy keeps trying to find the comfy snooze
spot in the sun. She follows it around on the...
Forum: Cat anecdotes September 21st 18, 01:09 AM Posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Replies: 4
Posted By Bill Stock[_2_]
Red squirrel experts?

On Thursday, September 20, 2018 at 3:08:40 PM UTC-4, Tina wrote:
On 19/09/2018 15:17, jmcquown wrote:
On 9/17/2018 2:18 PM, Bill Stock wrote:
Anyone have these pests? I haven't seen them...
Forum: Cat anecdotes September 18th 18, 01:25 AM Posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Replies: 12
Posted By Bill Stock[_2_]
Lap cats - or not

On Monday, September 17, 2018 at 3:16:01 PM UTC-4, joy wrote:
On 9/17/2018 11:25 AM, Bill Stock wrote:
On Thursday, September 13, 2018 at 7:12:18 PM UTC-4, joy wrote:
For ages, I’ve had...
Forum: Cat anecdotes September 17th 18, 07:25 PM Posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Replies: 12
Posted By Bill Stock[_2_]
Lap cats - or not

On Thursday, September 13, 2018 at 7:12:18 PM UTC-4, joy wrote:
For ages, I’ve had cats in my lap while I sat in my recliner and watched
TV in the evening. About 90% of the time I’d have...
Forum: Cat anecdotes September 17th 18, 07:18 PM Posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Replies: 4
Posted By Bill Stock[_2_]
Red squirrel experts?

Anyone have these pests? I haven't seen them since I was a kid. The black/grey squirrels are relatively harmless, other than digging up the flower pots and bulbs. But these red squirrels are maniacs,...
Forum: Cat anecdotes September 16th 18, 04:19 PM Posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Replies: 10
Posted By Bill Stock[_2_]
A Fun Play Session (pic)

On Saturday, September 8, 2018 at 10:57:47 AM UTC-4, Tina wrote:
On 07/09/2018 03:32, Bill Stock wrote:
On Thursday, August 30, 2018 at 2:06:49 PM UTC-4, Tina wrote:
On 28/08/2018 19:55,...
Forum: Cat anecdotes September 16th 18, 04:16 PM Posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Replies: 27
Posted By Bill Stock[_2_]
A mystery

On Saturday, September 8, 2018 at 11:01:52 PM UTC-4, Tigger wrote:
Bill Stock wrote:
On Saturday, August 25, 2018 at 11:08:04 PM UTC-4, Tigger wrote:
Bill Stock wrote:
On Friday,...
Forum: Cat anecdotes September 16th 18, 04:16 PM Posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Replies: 20
Posted By Bill Stock[_2_]
Skwirrel

On Saturday, September 8, 2018 at 11:10:36 PM UTC-4, Tigger wrote:
Bill Stock wrote:
On Saturday, August 25, 2018 at 11:09:48 PM UTC-4, Tigger wrote:
Bill Stock wrote:

The...
Showing results 1 to 25 of 76

Forum Jump