Showing results 1 to 25 of 150
Search took 0.01 seconds.
Search: Posts made by: Phoenix[_2_]
Forum: Cat anecdotes January 30th 13, 07:14 PM Posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Replies: 14
Posted By Phoenix[_2_]
Ghost of nerdfests past.

jmcquown wrote:
DOS-executable games were fun back in the day. It's all we had
other than tic-tac-toe or solitaire :)

And hangman. Though that may have been a unix-ish game. I
remember playing...
Forum: Cat anecdotes January 16th 13, 12:47 AM Posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Replies: 9
Posted By Phoenix[_2_]
Fedders Gone to the Bridge 1/14/2013

jmcquown wrote:
I'm crying as I write this because he was such a sweet cat. I
was out briefly this morning and came home to a message from
Lynn, please call me about Fedders. I'd been...
Forum: Cat anecdotes January 15th 13, 06:27 PM Posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Replies: 6
Posted By Phoenix[_2_]
Purrs for good forever (or even foster!) home(s) for friend'skitties

Thank you all so much for your purrs. We ended up taking the cats
to the local shelter this morning...a very hard thing to do, and
we hope the best thing overall for the kitties. We are purring...
Forum: Cat anecdotes January 15th 13, 03:44 PM Posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Replies: 6
Posted By Phoenix[_2_]
Purrs for good forever (or even foster!) home(s) for friend'skitties

Thank you all for your purrs. Unfortunately, we still don't have
a place for either of them :-( I believe they will be very
adoptable, so my DH and I are off to take them to the county
shelter...
Forum: Cat anecdotes January 14th 13, 01:15 AM Posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Replies: 6
Posted By Phoenix[_2_]
Purrs for good forever (or even foster!) home(s) for friend's kitties

I have a friend who needed to go into an adult foster care
placement and it all happened kinda fast. Me, some other friends,
and her daughter are clearing out her apartment (she won't be
going...
Forum: Cat anecdotes December 25th 12, 12:23 AM Posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Replies: 29
Posted By Phoenix[_2_]
Natural prey

EvelynVogtGamble(Divamanque) wrote:
Christina Websell wrote:
Yes, I do have to pluck and gut them. But let's be frank, if
anyone eats meat someone has done it all for you.
Exactly! I am...
Forum: Cat anecdotes December 20th 12, 09:07 PM Posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Replies: 16
Posted By Phoenix[_2_]
Update on Persia

MatSav wrote:

Of course, we all know that any cat has three names:
http://allpoetry.com/poem/8453755-The_Naming_Of_Cats-by-T_S__Eliot

You're not alone in being unable to guess the real name...
Forum: Cat anecdotes October 25th 12, 06:55 AM Posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Replies: 15
Posted By Phoenix[_2_]
They're all nipheads

Takayuki wrote:
On Thu, 25 Oct 2012 03:34:45 +0000 (UTC), Bastette
wrote:

Takayuki wrote:

But the now demented Spicey was staggering right at me! Eeeeek! I...
Forum: Cat anecdotes September 7th 12, 02:06 AM Posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Replies: 15
Posted By Phoenix[_2_]
Dead baby possum in the road

jmcquown wrote:

I do like hanging out in cemeteries :)

Oh good! We're not the only ones.

DH and I do like to wander about in cemeteries, the older the
better. Fascinating places...

Deborah
Forum: Cat anecdotes September 4th 12, 07:42 PM Posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Replies: 12
Posted By Phoenix[_2_]
I was going to upload a photo to Flickr

Takayuki wrote:
You shouldn't need a program like Photoshop to upload to Flickr. Flickr is
a web photo sharing service. I don't use it, but I'm sure they must allow
uploading photos via web...
Forum: Cat anecdotes August 19th 12, 06:29 PM Posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Replies: 4
Posted By Phoenix[_2_]
Last bridge crossed

(actual content elided)

I have to say, Leslie, that when I read the subject, I panicked,
thinking Sarsi or Bonnie had somehow gotten ill so quickly that
you didn't even have time to post until...
Forum: Cat anecdotes August 15th 12, 10:52 PM Posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Replies: 14
Posted By Phoenix[_2_]
A candle for, Dulce Mae

Mark Edwards wrote:
No cluons were harmed when Adrian
wrote:
Mark Edwards' Dulce Mae sadly went to the bridge today. It was a
great
shock, Mark thought at...
Forum: Cat anecdotes August 14th 12, 10:33 PM Posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Replies: 48
Posted By Phoenix[_2_]
Tweed.....

Christina Websell wrote:
"pat wrote in message
How is the wall problem coming????

Last week...
Forum: Cat anecdotes July 17th 12, 05:08 AM Posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Replies: 11
Posted By Phoenix[_2_]
Why....(possible TMI warning)

....why, oh why, does my cat sit in the bathtub and watch me on
the toilet?

It's very disconcerting.

She jumps in as soon as I'm in "the room", and leaves once I'm
done washing my hands. (Yeah,...
Forum: Cat anecdotes July 15th 12, 12:20 AM Posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Replies: 0
Posted By Phoenix[_2_]
New batteries for the red dot greebling!

The Calli-kitty has, since we've gotten her, really loved playing
with the red dot greebling. She knows what makes it, and what
drawer the laser pointer is in, and the sound the chain on the
end...
Forum: Cat anecdotes June 17th 12, 06:16 AM Posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Replies: 9
Posted By Phoenix[_2_]
Piccies...and a name!

Takayuki wrote:
She's very beautiful. It looks like she's evolved to blend in with granite
countertops. :)

Thank you! I'll pass the compliment on.

Do I see one differently colored front toe?...
Forum: Cat anecdotes June 14th 12, 08:20 AM Posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Replies: 9
Posted By Phoenix[_2_]
Piccies...and a name!

Bastette wrote:
Phoenix wrote:

Introducing....Miss Calliope Calico Kitty (Calli-kitty for short,
though she much prefers the FQCN (Fully Qualified Cat Name).

Well, I hope you...
Forum: Cat anecdotes June 14th 12, 04:59 AM Posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Replies: 9
Posted By Phoenix[_2_]
Piccies...and a name!

Introducing....Miss Calliope Calico Kitty (Calli-kitty for short,
though she much prefers the FQCN (Fully Qualified Cat Name). I
finally got the camera to work and took a few shots, starting...
Forum: Cat anecdotes May 30th 12, 05:11 PM Posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Replies: 13
Posted By Phoenix[_2_]
Brought her home last night....

dgk wrote:
Very good. Now, what about the brofur? I think that most cats do
better with a furfriend.

My friend insists on keeping her brofur. Plus...this girl is very
much a high-maintenance,...
Forum: Cat anecdotes May 28th 12, 10:01 PM Posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Replies: 13
Posted By Phoenix[_2_]
Brought her home last night....

We're slaves again! Brought home the 2yo tortie girl that
belonged to a friend with multiple health problems who could not
really take care of both her and her brofur.

My friend had given her a...
Forum: Cat anecdotes May 8th 12, 05:59 AM Posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Replies: 24
Posted By Phoenix[_2_]
Crash Hot Potatoes

Bastette wrote:
jmcquown wrote:
wrote in message
Why did you all just put the POS on ignore and walk away. In stead of
shakes head
Forum: Cat anecdotes May 8th 12, 05:58 AM Posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Replies: 112
Posted By Phoenix[_2_]
Scan results (becoming politically OT)

Bastette wrote:
Phoenix wrote:
Not that I have an opinion, mind you.

There's room on my soapbox if you want to share. :)

Sure! Soapboxes for everyone! Along with good medical...
Forum: Cat anecdotes May 8th 12, 02:35 AM Posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Replies: 112
Posted By Phoenix[_2_]
Scan results (becoming politically OT)

Christina Websell wrote:
wrote in message
jmcquown wrote:
I should be able to find a doctor...
Forum: Cat anecdotes May 7th 12, 03:45 PM Posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Replies: 112
Posted By Phoenix[_2_]
Scan results (becoming politically OT)

jmcquown wrote:
I should be able to find a doctor closer to
home who will take care of me without draining my wallet,
wouldn't you agree?

No, I would not agree...in the rest of the civilized...
Forum: Cat anecdotes April 8th 12, 06:40 PM Posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Replies: 85
Posted By Phoenix[_2_]
Does Your Vet...

Takayuki wrote:
On Sat, 31 Mar 2012 11:32:28 -0700, Phoenix
wrote:
We miss Louie a lot. He was one of our BEST cats.

That's heartbreaking.

Believe...
Showing results 1 to 25 of 150